Autopsy AFL 2022 First Semi Final - Pies v Freo Sat Sept 10th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 48 21.7%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

McRae has been great all year, but he's stumbled with his presser IMO, i think he's believed it was Collingwood's right of passage to win every close game and it doesn't work that way. Freo has a big chance of an upset. When you have a run of close winning games like Collingwood have had this season, it's easy to get so caught up in the awesomeness of it all that you fail to see the glitches and then you lose. It's okay to experience a loss and allow your emotions to take hold for a minute after a pressure cooker game like that one. The door is open for the Dockers in this one.
How exactly did he stumble in hes presser? It was probably the most open and honest presser of the year.

Has he showed up to training yet?
JL will get hodor to give him a fitness test early on I think.
He played bloody well last week!
Apparently he had pain in his AC before the Geelong game, taped up, painkillers and away he went. I expect the same this week, if he produces half of Saturday's game we'll be in good stead.

Unfortunately Taylor Adams won't play again this season after suffering a serious groin injury

Get it now, the original sentence was poorly written.

Taylor ( Coll ) out, Fyfe ( Freo ) in, was how the sentence could have been written. It made out that the players were from the same team.

Bye the bye, Fyfe will not be available for at least another 2 weeks.

Running around the back getting cheap possessions isn't "finals footy" which makes it harder for Daicos to have an impact. IMO Pies will get bogged down in their own half. Freo only need to bring their better form and they should win comfortably. Factoring in the ride the Pies will get from the umps it will be a close game.
I hope your right about the umps !

Somebody on the internet doesn't rate a Pies player.
You haven't sooked enough, have another sook ya sook.

I don't care who you rate, you mean less than an ant to me.

Sorry that you don't like anyone disagreeing with your nonsensical take on football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Freo have been the better side this year, trailing off a bit with unavailability of talls in the latter half of the season.

Collingwood have not been quite as impressive - what they do well they do very well, but you can't tell me they haven't been lucky against some average sides in the back half of this season.

With Freo looking to get some mojo back I think they are a chance. But most of the negatives I said about the Pies get cancelled out by a very good performance in an intense final last weekend. Freo on the other hand - they were good to come back but are the Dogs much chop really?

It's a tough one to call, but in the end - winning finals interstate is damn hard and I think the Pies should win this one by a few goals.

Back