Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats people's thoughts on the Brown brothers. Callum is a small forward or Tyler as a wingman as opposed to a midfielder. Only young and given a change might realise some potential. Come from pretty good stock and given they can't get a game, shouldn't cost a lot.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lobb is icing, not cake.
I want him (I still think good 2nd ruck/forwards are actually pretty rare) but it's not the end of the world if we don't land him.

I find it quite ironic that we're going after Lobb when we already have a superior Ruck/forward in English.

Just need to play Timmy in the right place.

Naughton, JUH, and English would be a tough tall match-up for any backline.

I find it quite ironic that we're going after Lobb when we already have a superior Ruck/forward in English.

We should be asking about Soldo again and play him as the main ruck.

English doesn't want to play ruck/forward, he's pretty open about wanting to be the main man

Whats people's thoughts on the Brown brothers. Callum is a small forward or Tyler as a wingman as opposed to a midfielder. Only young and given a change might realise some potential. Come from pretty good stock and given they can't get a game, shouldn't cost a lot.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think either are any good and they don’t fill any areas of need.

As limited as some our fringe types are, they’re better than them.

Pass.

Dunks interview on the news said hes basically making the decision on more off field than on and they mentioned Tippah. Strange to move over to SA when shes only on a 1 year contract which wouldnt be much. Hes a big family man and has a lot more marketing worth over here than over in SA

Dunks interview on the news said hes basically making the decision on more off field than on and they mentioned Tippah. Strange to move over to SA when shes only on a 1 year contract which wouldnt be much. Hes a big family man and has a lot more marketing worth over here than over in SA
So he’s requesting a trade ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunks interview was pretty generic.

My gut feel is that he stays, a big interstate move to another small club for similar $$$….it just doesn’t add up.

He and his manager just trying to squeeze a bit more out of us, can’t blame them for that.

He mentioned his girlfriend in his grab and her being in Adelaide
Yeah, that was always going to happen though, it’s literally the only lead they have to Adelaide. And that was basic chat.

Instead of ‘Power Move’ in that caption it could’ve read ‘Staying in Melbourne? and the interview would’ve been exactly the same.

Like the idea but can't see Collingwood picking up the contract slack after what happened with Treloar. We'd need to pay full price. Massive risk.
Why full price? Pretty obvious Collingwood cant afford 1M pa year but can afford to pay 300K for him. If he nominates us then bad luck to them

Bottom line is he’s right back where he was two years ago. He’s never shown any indication publicly of being 100% committed to the club since the last trade attempt. Just thrown out lines like being happy at the club etc without giving any indication of staying long-term. What happens if his GF decides to play for the Perth team next year? Happy for him to just F off to Adelaide and let the team get on with it. As a fan I’ve not warmed to him again after the Essendon saga, so I’m not attached like some fans likely would be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why’s that?

It was the only the intro from the sports presenter that alluded to Port.
The problem with that grab is you don’t hear the question before the answer.

It would have been a leading question fishing for a similar answer to the one he got, eg ‘Josh, do you take into consideration your girlfriend who lives in Adelaide into your decision’.

Answer: ‘Yes she lives in Adelaide and family is an important factor’ etc etc.

Just a rubbish grab, similar to News.com which is a blight on our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back