Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish people knew the difference between facts and non facts
I agree.
"Apparently", "unlikely" etc. Bit rich to call him an idiot when it's all just guesswork and you obviously don't know the full story.
Let's just say plenty of news sources are saying that. Unless every single one of them is wrong which actually seems unlikely based on weight of numbers

Plenty of news sources are saying he's out the door.

It would be great if that didn't come to fruition but it would surprise most.

Best to let him go and work on replacements...

And yes I'd rather he left for money and not the alternative of culture issues
No they’re not.

They’re mostly saying all offers are fairly similar and Port are likely leading the way - and even that is based on where his girlfriend lives and an apparent salary offer which isn’t really widely mentioned.

No they’re not.

They’re mostly saying all offers are fairly similar and Port are likely leading the way - and even that is based on where his girlfriend lives and an apparent salary offer which isn’t really widely mentioned.
Not sure how connect Mark Stevens still is... says exactly that

Plenty of news sources are saying he's out the door.

It would be great if that didn't come to fruition but it would surprise most.

Best to let him go and work on replacements...

And yes I'd rather he left for money and not the alternative of culture issues
This is the point. You're all over the place and like the rest of us dont know s**t. You've read a few news reports and concluded that Dunkley is definitely going, despite none of them actually saying that. One day you say he's leaving for $650k and therefore is an idiot because his girlfriend will be in QLD in 12 months anyway, because news reports say so, next day the offer is $780k because you read it on bigfooty.

And then you unironically post "wish people knew the difference between facts and non facts". :rolleyes:

This is the point. You're all over the place and like the rest of us dont know s**t. You've read a few news reports and concluded that Dunkley is definitely going, despite none of them actually saying that. One day you say he's leaving for $650k and therefore is an idiot because his girlfriend will be in QLD in 12 months anyway, because news reports say so, next day the offer is $780k because you read it on bigfooty.

And then you unironically post "wish people knew the difference between facts and non facts". :rolleyes:
On the subject of Tippa Dwan, she IS a queenslander, and she DOES spend all but the netball season in Queensland.

She spends more time in Queensland than South Australia by far

Realistically what % of players who havent signed on by end of season end up staying? It can't be very high. Happy to be surprised with him signing a new contract, but it's starting to fall into fairly unlikely territory.

At this point I just hope we get some decent value and then use it wisely instead of bringing in 30yo+ players as though we're a contending team.

Realistically what % of players who havent signed on by end of season end up staying? It can't be very high. Happy to be surprised with him signing a new contract, but it's starting to fall into fairly unlikely territory.

At this point I just hope we get some decent value and then use it wisely instead of bringing in 30yo+ players as though we're a contending team.
Most of the list is there why would they not bring in missing pieces via trade, and draft for the future as well

Extremely rare a coveted player re-signs after the season. Putting it off usually just means the player is waiting until after the season to tell the club.

Would love to be surprised, but after Harbrow, Brown and Ward I think we’ve seen enough of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this being drawn out for too long by dunkley? It might be a nuffy take but it feels a little scripted.

It's possible he could be dragging it out if Brisbane is where he wants to go, waiting for their season to end. There's been not much coming out from players with anyone still contending as I think it's largely frowned upon until both teams are out. Also only been a bit since our season actually finished.

4 years of prime Bont left. Do we pivot next year and get games into Khamis, JUH, Darcy, West as a mid, etc, take two 1st round picks and aim for 2026?

That probably includes a different game plan which would take min 12months to learn.

The more I think of how teams midfields are changing to be more burst offence to move and score quickly to beat zones.
Libba, Macrae and Dunks may not be the best options any more. Certainly not all of them. Bont, Smith and West might be our best combination in the near future. Macrae should be good enough to play the wing role instead of Hunter, but he probably won't like it.

It's possible he could be dragging it out if Brisbane is where he wants to go, waiting for their season to end. There's been not much coming out from players with anyone still contending as I think it's largely frowned upon until both teams are out. Also only been a bit since our season actually finished.
Reeks of Essendon lol

could be waiting for an essendon coach to be named. This crap could drag out for a long time at this rate

See my previous post re a central district defender Rhett Montgomerie. Was played as a tall but realistically should be a 3rd tall. Has Easton Wood qualities in marking and courage. Worth a look.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I did and watched some highlights, good tip. He’s the type Geelong drafts in the second round and turns into an AA in two years.

I did and watched some highlights, good tip. He’s the type Geelong drafts in the second round and turns into an AA in two years.
Is he a left footer? We always need one from Footscray and one speculative left footer from SA

Dunks interview on the news said hes basically making the decision on more off field than on and they mentioned Tippah. Strange to move over to SA when shes only on a 1 year contract which wouldnt be much. Hes a big family man and has a lot more marketing worth over here than over in SA
Is there off field life in Adelaide? 🤔

He mentioned his girlfriend in his grab and her being in Adelaide
He has previously said they manage their relationship quite well travelling frequently between the cities (both of them). Treloar’s partner lives in Qld, English’s in Perth, not so easy for them.

The problem with that grab is you don’t hear the question before the answer.

It would have been a leading question fishing for a similar answer to the one he got, eg ‘Josh, do you take into consideration your girlfriend who lives in Adelaide into your decision’.

Answer: ‘Yes she lives in Adelaide and family is an important factor’ etc etc.

Just a rubbish grab, similar to News.com which is a blight on our society.
It’s making a story to fill up the news, never mind if it’s accurate or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back