NFC:
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Los Angeles Rams
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Philadelphia Eagles
5. San Francisco 49ers
6. Minnesota Vikings

Everyone else good luck for 2023

Can safely leave the Pats and Jags off the list I reckon mate.

Jags could be the Bengals team from last year, so have them on even if only a 1% chance, and can't leave the guy who somehow got Brady 6 rings off the list

Colts I think have an outside chance at the #1 seed given the division they play in, whether or not Matt Ryan can do anything in the playoffs at his age is another story

You have Watson who hasn’t played for ages in Tier 2. There are far more questions about him than Lamar. How many playoff wins for Watson? Heck, how many wins? Is he going to be sack shy? Can he elevate his WR because he doesn’t have a WR1 at his new team (Lamar at least has Andrews)?

Swap the two over and I have no problems with that. Questions on whether Lamar can win in the playoffs? I doubt Watson will even get there.
Watson is very rusty and probably would be lower tier till he re-acclimates. But in a vacuum hes a tier 2. Again, I'm referring to QB ability itself, not wins and all that. Jackson has his limitations and problems as a passer (that hes still working on, developing), but hes not there yet.

Super Bowl contender rankings

AFC:
1. Buffalo Bills
2. Los Angeles Chargers
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Kansas City Chiefs
5. Denver Broncos
6. Cincinnati Bengals
7. Indianapolis Colts
8. Jacksonville Jaguars
9. New England Patriots

NFC:
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Los Angeles Rams
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Philadelphia Eagles
5. San Francisco 49ers
6. Minnesota Vikings

Everyone else good luck for 2023
Jags pushing for first pick in 2023

Watson is very rusty and probably would be lower tier till he re-acclimates. But in a vacuum hes a tier 2. Again, I'm referring to QB ability itself, not wins and all that. Jackson has his limitations and problems as a passer (that hes still working on, developing), but hes not there yet.

Jackson has never had as good a WR to throw to as DeAndre Hopkins. Even with that, in Watsons best season he threw for 33 TD. Lamar has thrown 36 TD in his best. Hollywood Brown is the closest Lamar got to an elite WR and he dropped more deep passes that would have been long TD, than deep passes he caught that became TD.

Jackson has been hampered by a very poor OLine the last 2 years. Ravens All-Pro LT is finally back at practice. Each OLine position looks better than last year (except the returning RG who is solid). Even the backup LT is better.

Recap:
Lamar is a better passer than Watson.
Lamar is a better runner than Watson.
Lamar wins more than Watson.

Lamar doesn’t need to throw as often as Watson, because he is too busy winning on the scoreboard.

Lamar is Tier 2 until he repeats 2019 and when he does, he is Tier 1.

Bills signed TE Dawson Knox to a four-year contract extension.​

The extension, per ESPN's Adam Schefter, will make Knox one of the five highest paid tight ends in the league. Knox's rise to prominence in the Josh Allen-led Buffalo offense is quite a development after he struggled with drops in 2020 and the team seemed to bring in competition this offseason with the signing off O.J. Howard, who was released at the end of the preseason. Knox was fantasy's fifth highest scoring tight end last season before a Week 5 hand injury that affected him for the remainder of the season. He finished the the league's third highest targets per route among tight ends. Entering his age-25 season, Knox should be among the league leaders in tight end pass routes and will remain a key part of the Bills' red zone passing attack.

Last edited:

WR Emmanuel Sanders retired after 12 NFL seasons.​

Sanders, 35, faded down the stretch last year in Buffalo, hampered by various injuries and outplayed by Gabriel Davis. He played for four teams over his final three years in the league after a remarkable run with Peyton Manning's Broncos from 2014 to 2016. “I gave it my all. Every single rep, every single play, I tried to go 100 percent as hard as I can," Sanders said in a statement. "And that’s why I can hang my hat and say I gave the game everything I had and the game gave it back to me.” A tough-nosed receiver who always played bigger than his listed height and weight, Sanders started his career in Pittsburgh, where he was secondary and tertiary target for Ben Roethlisberger. He ends his 12-year career with 704 catches for 9,245 yards and 51 touchdowns.

Commanders head coach Ron Rivera said Brian Robinson is off crutches.​

Rivera said swelling in Robinson's lower body after being shot twice on August 28 has gone down "an awful lot" in recent days. Washington placed Robinson on the reserve/non-football injury list, guaranteeing the rookie will be sidelined for the regular season's first four weeks. Robinson was likely to operate as the team's primary early-down ball carrier before the shooting; he could regain that role when he's back to full health. In the meantime, Antonio Gibson profiles as an RB2 based on volume alone. Robinson should be rostered by managers without a strong RB2 option.

Lamar Jackson Thumbs Up GIF by Baltimore Ravens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saleh said a few days ago that Wilson could play week 1, they were going to test the knee to see how he responds, then they say hes out for another 3-4 on the back of the presumed test but he hasn't had any setbacks. Weird

Which team will take the longest to get their first win?

I think Jets, with week 8 being their first shot at victory versus the Patriots…. OK, perhaps not the Patriots…. Week 12 versus the Bears OR week 15 versus the Lions?

It’s a brutal schedule until then.

I think Jets, with week 8 being their first shot at victory versus the Patriots…. OK, perhaps not the Patriots…. Week 12 versus the Bears OR week 15 versus the Lions?

Agree, but last year they got smashed in nearly all the games they lost and beat the Bengals on the road out of nowhere. Maybe they can repeat that? NFL can throw up some weird results.

They are a chance also to beat Miami in week 5 imo. Dont trust Tua whatsoever regardless of the weapons around him now.

So close to Week 1, game 1 I can taste it! Will be firing up the smoker and doing wings for the occasion. Looking forward to getting up at 3am on Monday too just to watch my Steelers get blown out by the Bungles, that will be quite fun….

Always some funny results week 1.

I've tipped the Steelers to beat the Bengals, not because I think they will win but because there will be a few upsets.

Vikings.

Agree, but last year they got smashed in nearly all the games they lost and beat the Bengals on the road out of nowhere. Maybe they can repeat that? NFL can throw up some weird results.

They are a chance also to beat Miami in week 5 imo. Dont trust Tua whatsoever regardless of the weapons around him now.

They have no NFL level tackles for at least the first few weeks. Playing the immovable Flacco at QB….I trust the Miami D enough to think that they will beat up Flacco or Wilson enough to make up for the poor play of Tua.
The Jets OLine will probably take 6-8 weeks to sort itself out IF it actually can. Until then, the QB will need serious wheels to not be broken in half. That takes them up until Patriots and I think the sith lord will sort them out…. So then it’s down to Bears and Lions. 2 of the worst teams but will get to play each other twice, so should both get a W at some stage.

Always some funny results week 1.

I've tipped the Steelers to beat the Bengals, not because I think they will win but because there will be a few upsets.
Week 1's real hard to tip. When I first did my tips I had 12 away teams winning, so I've gone for a few upsets too, eg Falcons, Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back