Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
But its not because elections don't happen in a vacuum.

He's ******* terrible but he's not Matt Guy bad, and that's all that he needs to get relected.

So you have to think how bad is Matt Guy?

They are both horrific options. Neither deserve to hold the office of the Premier.

Do you think Andrews term of government is enough to earn him reelection? It’s a simple question. Stop weaving.

Tbh The only place they both deserve to be is to put them both last on the ballot.
How does one do that? If you put both at 99 I think the whole vote is invalid Ned Flanders please confirm

They are both horrific options. Neither deserve to hold the office of the Premier.
yes but one is still worse than the other Achy

And no I'm not promoting the lesser of two evils, I'd rather people put their preferences elsewhere than the majors

I'd also rather we didn't have the s**t preference laws in Vic that mean if you vote lazy you don't control anything beyond your first choice, they do

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
The major problem for the Opposition is that they don't have a leader who could not only cut through with the electorate and media, but also cause considerable damage to Daniel Andrews and his government, to the point where Labor might have to do the unthinkable and swap Andrews for Jacinta Allen just two months out from polling day.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
yes but one is still worse than the other Achy

And no I'm not promoting the lesser of two evils, I'd rather people put their preferences elsewhere than the majors

I'd also rather we didn't have the s**t preference laws in Vic that mean if you vote lazy you don't control anything beyond your first choice, they do

That's like saying id rather have my kids babysat by the Snowtown murderers than Martin Bryant, because they have killed less people and Martin Bryant is therefore worse.

Reality. Neither are fit to look after kids.

The fact Andrews has no legitimate opposition, does not in any way make him a suitable candidate for premier. He's one of the worst we have had....its does speak volumes about the Vic LNP though, as well as the people who vote for Andrews and endorse him.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The major problem for the Opposition is that they don't have a leader who could not only cut through with the electorate and media, but also cause considerable damage to Daniel Andrews and his government, to the point where Labor might have to do the unthinkable and swap Andrews for Jacinta Allen just two months out from polling day.

At the end of the day, its the people in Melbourne who need to stop voting for him.

That's like saying id rather have my kids babysat by the Snowtown murderers than Martin Bryant, because they have killed less people and Martin Bryant is therefore worse.

Reality. Neither are fit to look after kids.

The fact Andrews has no legitimate opposition, does not in any way make him a suitable candidate for premier. He's one of the worst we have had....its does speak volumes about the Vic LNP though, as well as the people who vote for Andrews and endorse him.
no it's like saying our political system means one of Andrews or Guy is going to end up Premier and in that s**t sandwich I prefer Andrews

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the end of the day, its the people in Melbourne who need to stop voting for him.
victoria is a socially progressive state on any number of issues that would typically give religious conservatives conniptions ... until conservatives accept that reality and start formulating policy within a more socially progressive space, they will remain in opposition

[edit] at some point, the victorian liberal party will have to deal with the toxic position kroger/baastian have left them in

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you listening Vic Libs?

"During the conference, Liberal Nationals MP George Christensen suggested that getting more Christians into the ranks of the Coalition would shift its direction, and the smart way to go about doing this would be to conceal some of their agenda until they’re in power."

it is my hope that a clear unambiguous message is sent to victorian liberals (and the conservative movement more broadly) ..... play footsies with the unhinged bat$hit crazy religious right and the electorate will not reward you

Has the age actually reported in the branch stacking in VIC Libs yet?

According to their political reporter, yes they have

yep they can still do good investigative journalism when they want to, and they will still target conservative politicians for that

but they aren't what they were before merging with Nine, and Nine is fast becoming complete trash unfortunately and taking the age and the SMH with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
yep they can still do good investigative journalism when they want to, and they will still target conservative politicians for that

but they aren't what they were before merging with Nine, and Nine is fast becoming complete trash unfortunately and taking the age and the SMH with them

The most important reporting on branch stacking of both parties has been done by those newspapers in conjunction with their TV arm, so I don't agree.

The most important reporting on branch stacking of both parties has been done by those newspapers in conjunction with their TV arm, so I don't agree.

but they've seemingly skirted around the whole religious nutjob angle that is most recent? I am sure people of Victoria would like to understand what they're actually voting for.

of course you don't because the rest of their reporting probably suits your world view

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
of course you don't because the rest of their reporting probably suits your world view

I'm of the view that if a media outlet does only things you agree with, they're probably doing something wrong. I've worked as a media advisor. I'd humbly suggest you would have more of an intractable "word view" than I do. Which is fine - it's why we disagree on this.

I do not agree that the Age has reported this issue. I did a search for any Age articles around this and cannot find anything of late.

The ABC article states

"Mr Heath, a former Family First candidate, is now the vice-president of the Liberal Party's Morwell branch and actively encourages his church members to get involved in politics.

In a sermon delivered on June 12, Mr Heath told his congregation: "We're city takers, we're giant killers.

"We're nation builders.

"We're a church on assignment".

The Victorian public need to be aware exactly of what they are voting for.

I'm of the view that if a media outlet does only things you agree with, they're probably doing something wrong. I've worked as a media advisor. I'd humbly suggest you would have more of an intractable "word view" than I do. Which is fine - it's why we disagree on this.
yeah my issue with the age and SMH currently isn't their reporting on Labor or Libs it's how hard they've started pushing RW US/UK culture war issues into main stream media that isn't run by Murdoch here

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
If the Victorian Liberals had a far more effective opposition leader in charge (ie Tony Abbott) than what they've got right now (Matthew Guy), Daniel Andrews and his government would've been under more extreme pressure in regards to ambulance wait times, to the point where several members of the Labor Party might've started to think about getting Jacinta Allen as leader much earlier than orginally anticipated.

If the Victorian Liberals had a far more effective opposition leader in charge (ie Tony Abbott) than what they've got right now (Matthew Guy), Daniel Andrews and his government would've been under more extreme pressure in regards to ambulance wait times, to the point where several members of the Labor Party might've started to think about getting Jacinta Allen as leader much earlier than orginally anticipated.
I don t agree with your proposal, assumption or conclusion.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think Tony Abbot would do about as well in victoria as you'd expect a blind rabbit to do in a tiger cage.

He is a good opposition leader who can cut through with catchy slogans. But he has that whole baggage of being the worst, most detached failure of a leader that is at odds not just with the current cultural zeitgeist; but the very notion of reality itself. Abbott would lose in Queensland. This is Victoria we are talking about.

Back