NRL NRL 2022 Season - Finals Week 1

Who Wins This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 9th September
Penrith vs Parramatta (BlueBet Stadium - 19:50)

Saturday 10th September
Melbourne vs Canberra (AAMI Park - 17:40)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs North Queensland (PointsBet Stadium - 19:50)

Sunday 11th September
Sydney Roosters vs South Sydney (Allianz Stadium - 16:05)

They will all be good games but I think all the favourites win this week.
Expect Penrith to show up now. Even though Parra match up on them well.
Rate the Roosters but they have a few out.

Penrith just (this is a toss up don’t feel it’s a great thing for Cleary coming back first up in a final)
Cowboys (honestly feel they are better maybe it’s just me I don’t rate the Sharks yet)
Roosters (no confidence)
Raiders (storm are cooked unfortunately)

Penrith just (this is a toss up don’t feel it’s a great thing for Cleary coming back first up in a final)
Cowboys (honestly feel they are better maybe it’s just me I don’t rate the Sharks yet)
Roosters (no confidence)
Raiders (storm are cooked unfortunately)

Even more confident of a win now 😉😂😂

This Taylan May stuff is hilarious.

Every time I think the AFL might take the mantle as the dumbest sporting organisation in Oz, something like this happens

I honestly can't believe it but aren't surprised the NRL would be dumb enough to do it.

I honestly can't believe it but aren't surprised the NRL would be dumb enough to do it.
It’s so mins bogglingly stupid that it honestly seems too dumb even for the NRL.

Just don’t suspend him, or say it’s pending investigation then suspend him at the end of the season.

Suspending him, announcing it now and delaying the suspension is just straight up the dumbest option they had.

This Taylan May stuff is hilarious.

Every time I think the AFL might take the mantle as the dumbest sporting organisation in Oz, something like this happens
You don't know the NRL very well if you ever consider the AFL to be the most dumb.

The NRL wins that in an absolute canter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go, all home wins. The Storm are unconvincing, but the Raiders really aren't all that, and when you have Munster in your side...

The Sharks and the Cowboys should be a hell of of a contest, though; two good sides. Where is the game being played? It's not at Shark Park, is it?

I'd go, all home wins. The Storm are unconvincing, but the Raiders really aren't all that, and when you have Munster in your side...

The Sharks and the Cowboys should be a hell of of a contest, though; two good sides. Where is the game being played? It's not at Shark Park, is it?

Yes it is at Shark Park

The NRL are trying not to get my hopes up with this article.

The premiers that never were: 2001 Parramatta Eels

21 years later and this one still kicks me in the guts, before the Grand Final we had won 16 of 17, eight by more than 24 points. In one 11 game stretch we had scored 50+ on five occasions and between 36 and 50 on another three occasions, including a 40-0 thrashing of Newcastle who whipped us in the GF. :(

I suppose what also it means is that Penrith fans shouldn't think all the hard work is done, sh!t can happen in the finals.

It’s interesting the dynamic in hosting games.

Very few in the afl nat an eyelid at Geelong needing to play their finals at the G, alternately no one seems to bat an eyelid at sacrificing 60k worth of spectators by having games at Penrith instead of Accor (or shark park instead of Allianz etc).

Not a criticism either to be clear just find it interesting.

yeah would of sold out.

But Penrith deserve it at home.
I have absolutely no doubt this would not have sold out. For all their passion, Penrith don't have that many fans.

But also, Sydneysiders just don't go to games historically well.

It sells out when it's two big fan bases (Parra/Canterbury) 10 years ago but this wouldn't.

Ultimately if all the games were held at the highest capacity stadium in the general area

Parra v Penrith - Accor (80k vs 22k)
Storm v Raiders - AAMI (no change 30k)
Sharks v Cowboys - Allianz (42k v 20k)
Roosters v Rabbitohs - Allianz (no change 42k)

Its 114k (current) v 194k (possible)

Again not a criticism (i actually like the proper home ground set up) but it is interesting.

Ultimately if all the games were held at the highest capacity stadium in the general area

Parra v Penrith - Accor (80k vs 22k)
Storm v Raiders - AAMI (no change 30k)
Sharks v Cowboys - Allianz (42k v 20k)
Roosters v Rabbitohs - Allianz (no change 42k)

Its 114k (current) v 194k (possible)

Again not a criticism (i actually like the proper home ground set up) but it is interesting.
It's a very easy argument. If the Sharks game was at Allianz, few Sharks would travel and the Cowboys have very little fans. Would be utterly pointless.

Manly had the same problem when they used to make finals at Allianz/Accor. No one would turn up to Allianz.

Basically the entire Penrith side coming in fresh off a bye vs Parramatta who played last Thursday.
Be really interesting to see what that looks like, if there's a bit of nerves and ring rust early for the Panthers vs Parramatta who might begin a bit smoother.
Cracking game though. Penrith have been the gold standard in the NFL for a while now, so anything less than a win at home has to be a disappointment.

Melbourne are the best outside of the 4 obviously, but they come up against the worst match up they could get for them, as the Raiders are a bit of a bogey side especially at AAMI Park. Raiders have a winning record down there against the Storm.

Roosters vs Souths is obviously a cracker of a match up for atmosphere in a knockout final. Roosters in much better form, but that's still a coin toss game.

Sharks v Cowboys is a good clash, but probably the least exciting match up for me, it's not a knock out, it's not a noted rivalry, and it's probably two of the least interesting storylines coming together.

It's a very easy argument. If the Sharks game was at Allianz, few Sharks would travel and the Cowboys have very little fans. Would be utterly pointless.

Manly had the same problem when they used to make finals at Allianz/Accor. No one would turn up to Allianz.
Yeh im not saying its a better option just pointing it out.

Back