Prediction Semi Final: Changes Vs Collingwood (We survived to round 2!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Logue go to Moore and shut him down? If so I think Amiss will kick 3 crucial goals and Lobb will snag a couple. Full faith our midfield can get it done with Adams out. Got my ticket, probably going to be surrounded by pies fans, hopefully we actually come out of the box firing and silence the massive crowd.

How many of the squad will stay in Melbourne. Will it just be the 25 they took over.
How many will stay in Perth to play for Peel.?
Lot of questions about the logistics.

Ok boys.

Adams pies vice captain is out for the season.

Degoey has an AC sprain, hasn't trained properly all week and will play under duress. I think Darcy should give him a warm welcome.

Miochek has been in horrendous form and the pie supporters want him dropped, think he's carrying an injury.

Cox played 40% game time last week, must be carrying something.

Ash Johnson was subbed out very sore last week and hasn't trained properly all week.

Collingwood played their grandfinal last Saturday. Another intense hit out, with lots of war wounds, this time coming off second best. I don't care about their winning streak, they have lost 2 of their past 3 games, and their win was another miracle come back against a crippled and pathetic Carlton.

Collingwood won't trouble the scoreboard. Time to end this silly wave they have been riding. I was absoloutly desperate to get past the bullies because I'm very confident we can do this mob.

Fremantle by 40+

The forecast for Melbourne seems very wet? 90% chance of rain 3-6mm. Hopefully just a wet track and not raining hard during the game.

Does Logue go to Moore and shut him down? If so I think Amiss will kick 3 crucial goals and Lobb will snag a couple. Full faith our midfield can get it done with Adams out. Got my ticket, probably going to be surrounded by pies fans, hopefully we actually come out of the box firing and silence the massive crowd.

I’d he happy if Logue’s role was just to compete for marks with the big bodies of Howe and Moore and Maynard. No need to mark them, although that would be good, but stop their intercepting and bring the ball down for the smalls.

The forecast for Melbourne seems very wet? 90% chance of rain 3-6mm. Hopefully just a wet track and not raining hard during the game.

The rain is forecast for the early morning and then clearing through the afternoon. Not forecast to rain during the game. Hopefully the ground dries out in the late afternoon.

Nooooooo
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Arrogant by the club to announce that before the game tbh

Either gonna look good or very very bad post game...

Kind of has shades of Langdon accidentally riling the pies up a few weeks ago...
Is it arrogant for the Vic Media to say Pies will win easy?

Don’t you think that will fire our boys up, that no one rates them? I think it will. More than a comment about hubbing it IF we win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really do think that this is the club also trying to bed in something new in how we approach the finals to reduce our disadvantage due to huge travel requirements. This is our first final in 7 years, only a handful of players who experienced the finals routine in 2015 - this current routine is all these young guys will know and expect. Yes, it is a disruption to the usual pattern of home and away, but the weekly travel will do that anyway. It’s good to know that the current regime are thinking out of the box to maximise our chances for the future.

As I said previously, it’s the best group to trial this with as the hub has seemed to bind the group more. I think it also helps that most of them are young with no family obligations, so it feels like a footy trip with mates for the most part rather than being away from spouses carrying the load.

I really do think that this is the club also trying to bed in something new in how we approach the finals to reduce our disadvantage due to huge travel requirements. This is our first final in 7 years, only a handful of players who experienced the finals routine in 2015 - this current routine is all these young guys will know and expect. Yes, it is a disruption to the usual pattern of home and away, but the weekly travel will do that anyway. It’s good to know that the current regime are thinking out of the box to maximise our chances for the future.

As I said previously, it’s the best group to trial this with as the hub has seemed to bind the group more. I think it also helps that most of them are young with no family obligations, so it feels like a footy trip with mates for the most part rather than being away from spouses carrying the load.
Yep agree.

Its the way forward and the fact we know an end date makes it easier. Basically when the season is finished.

Covid was more unknown no one knew when the end date was going to be. It was all up in the air.

Plus i think the guys will be relieved to win the comp they wont have travel 6 times across the country in 3 weeks.

Ok boys.

Adams pies vice captain is out for the season.

Degoey has an AC sprain, hasn't trained properly all week and will play under duress. I think Darcy should give him a warm welcome.

Miochek has been in horrendous form and the pie supporters want him dropped, think he's carrying an injury.

Cox played 40% game time last week, must be carrying something.

Ash Johnson was subbed out very sore last week and hasn't trained properly all week.

Collingwood played their grandfinal last Saturday. Another intense hit out, with lots of war wounds, this time coming off second best. I don't care about their winning streak, they have lost 2 of their past 3 games, and their win was another miracle come back against a crippled and pathetic Carlton.

Collingwood won't trouble the scoreboard. Time to end this silly wave they have been riding. I was absoloutly desperate to get past the bullies because I'm very confident we can do this mob.

Fremantle by 40+
love your optimism here, don't see enough of it on the board.

We can't lose really, we're not expected to win...lose and we can fall back on the "we're young, just getting going.." reasoning. Win, and suddenly we've taken another scalp and make some more people sit up and take notice. Either way, it's an exciting time and we are in the hunt, might as well go in all guns blazing and see what becomes!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back