Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In the case of Richmond, it was reported that Reiwoldt and Cotchin both took pay cuts and are now only on approx $300k.

Compare that to what we are paying Sloane, who has done * all for the last four years.
Riewoldt's big contract just ended and he is 18 months older than Sloane- take a pay cut or leave were his options. So let's see what Rory does when he's OOC at the end of next year.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you think the club wanted to give him a long term contract to 33? Is that what Reiwoldt and Cotchin did?

And you’d wish to be consider the likes of me rather than a muppet with a mullet
Cochin is the same age as Rory and his 4 year deal from 2018 just expired. So you are quibbling about 1 year.

Riewoldt has been on shorter deals but is 18 months older, so again it's 1 year difference.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you want to ask how Richmond can afford players, go back to when we offered Dusty Martin $11 million over 7 years and his manager told him he can take less from Richmond and still make more money in the end. It's the same at Geelong with the Costa $, they'll make sure everyone gets their money.

Same scenario but did say same thing about Adelaide and rankine

lol vfl bias at its finest
Can someone point to the same person that’s slammed us and been positive about the Richmond scenario?
I feel people compare different opinions even though they are made by siffent people.
What has king had to say about rankine?

Can someone point to the same person that’s slammed us and been positive about the Richmond scenario?
I feel people compare different opinions even though they are made by siffent people.
he has said GC should dig in and he downplayed the hand Adelaide has to offer them in terms of players

HOW WILL THE RANKINE DEAL GET DONE?

The widely accepted starting point for an Izak Rankine trade is Adelaide’s first-round draft selection – but will it be this year’s or next?

This is the first article or suggestion in the media i've seen/heard that suggests we should be using next years first. Everyone else is saying pick 5 this year as a starting point. Glad that people are starting to talk about this as a potential outcome.

It seems to be the best option for both parties if we do use our first next year, Suns can use the points for their academy kids and we get to get a top 6 midfielder into our system this year rather than next year. Win/Win in my book.
If its future 1st, which is something we most obviously have suggested/wanted, it also means we are really keen on someone in this year's draft in the top 5 players.

It would be nice to nail another 1st rounder, given our last two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not fair on Gold Coast loose him with all time put into him

contract size dictates picks

said thinks go just don’t do trade don’t need picks or players

bad mismanagement of rankine

happy on go just bought house there only money

wants go make a stand or this will keep happening so send him to draft

he thinks be an A liner and Gold Coast can’t let him go

should I continue

v salty

pick 5 rachelle Fogarty lol for rankine

should I continue

v salty

King said all this?

should I continue

v salty

Looking forward to his meltdown when King and Rowell go for a late 1st rounder.

In the case of Richmond, it was reported that Reiwoldt and Cotchin both took pay cuts and are now only on approx $300k.

Compare that to what we are paying Sloane, who has done * all for the last four years.
You mean exactly like what Tex did?

What a flog statement.

HOW WILL THE RANKINE DEAL GET DONE?

The widely accepted starting point for an Izak Rankine trade is Adelaide’s first-round draft selection – but will it be this year’s or next?

The Crows hold pick five in the 2022 draft, which will slide to six once Brisbane matches a bid for star junior Will Ashcroft, the son of triple premiership Lion Marcus.

Rankine has requested a trade home from Gold Coast to South Australia to play for the Crows, after a career-best season that hinted at his immense potential.

But the compensation for the out-of-contract forward, the No.3 selection in the 2018 draft, remains to be seen.

There is a theory the Suns may ask for Adelaide’s future top pick instead of this year’s, given hugely promising Academy prospect Jed Walter is draft eligible next season.
This is the first article or suggestion in the media i've seen/heard that suggests we should be using next years first. Everyone else is saying pick 5 this year as a starting point. Glad that people are starting to talk about this as a potential outcome.

It seems to be the best option for both parties if we do use our first next year, Suns can use the points for their academy kids and we get to get a top 6 midfielder into our system this year rather than next year. Win/Win in my book.
They are softening everyone up for the inevitable deal after going hard early

Good

Oh here’s another one.

Reread what you wrote. “Losing him would have been a disaster” “we had to pony up”.

That’s what we’ve been saying, we had to pony up more than we wanted to keep him. You can’t blame him for maximising the situation but he’s no saint, he took advantage of it and squeezed out another year at lest. Unless you think the club voluntarily gave him 5 years to take him to 33. If that’s the case Reid should be sacked.

Next time try and keep up with the argument.
So what is your point then?

"He's no saint" - what exactly did he do during contract negotiations?

You can't see the bigger picture. Captain Hindsight calls four years into his deal don't make you insightful - they serve only to prove how much you don't understand.

So what is your point then?

"He's no saint" - what exactly did he do during contract negotiations?

You can't see the bigger picture. Captain Hindsight calls four years into his deal don't make you insightful - they serve only to prove how much you don't understand.
My original comment was in reply to Sloane saying he is as loyal as they come, except his loyalty came at a hefty price.

We obviously gave him longer than we wanted to, that’s just obvious as we wouldn’t willingly give a guy a 5 year deal on big money taking him to 33. Well we shouldn’t be doing such things willingly anyway.

You’ve got a bit of weeds mullet about you, related?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back