AFLW AFLW Round 3 - 2022 Season Seven

One hour until the first game of Round 3 so, I dunno, let's start a thread for it maybe sorta kinda!

Free-to-air television details go a little something like this:

(EDIT: It occurs to me that the games originally scheduled for Seven's main channel will probably be moved to 7mate due to Queen coverage, so keep that in mind.)

WB v Frem on 7mate in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane & Adelaide

Adel v NM on 7mate in Adelaide

Syd v GWS on 7mate in Sydney

Geel v Coll on Seven in Melbourne; 7mate in Perth

BL v GC on 7mate in Brisbane

Carl v PA on Seven in Adelaide

StK v Melb not on FTA

Rich v Haw on Seven in Melbourne; 7mate in Sydney & Brisbane

WCE v Ess on Seven in Perth

Last edited:
I'm tipping:
WB by 3
NM by 1
GWS by 18
Coll by 9
BL by 24
Carl by 30
Melb by 12
Rich by 50
WCE by 6

Not even in their premiership year of 2018 did the Bulldogs manage a 3-0 start, and that’s what they’re playing for tonight (and a big chance to go 4-0 with Hawthorn in their diary for next weekend).

They almost knocked off Fremantle last season, save for some Ebony Antonio heroics. Cruelled by injuries, the Dockers still have some players almost as good as her… nevertheless the team only kicked one behind last week.

So is it Vic bias to think the visitors are too hard to back against the Dogs at “home”? I’m sure it is, but consider my prediction of a three-point margin to be the first sign of their underdone players beginning to heat up.

I’m also sure all families across Western Australia, having just finished their lunch, will be gathered around the TV to watch this blockbuster as the Footscray faithful flock to their favourite ground in Carlton for the traditional Friday 5pm start on the eastern seaboard.

"Bowers, Lamb and Blackburn. Three of the toughest players in the league."

Two seconds later, here comes one of the faux-toughest players in the league Deanna Berry lining up an unsuspecting Fremantle player on the mark (who was way more than 5m off the ball, should've been a free kick).

And I think the Fremantle player might've been Dana East, who just kicked a goal from the same spot where Berry dropped the mark at the end of Q1.

Free-to-air television details go a little something like this:

WB v Frem on 7mate in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane & Adelaide

Adel v NM on 7mate in Adelaide

Syd v GWS on 7mate in Sydney

Geel v Coll on Seven in Melbourne; 7mate in Perth

BL v GC on 7mate in Brisbane

Carl v PA on Seven in Adelaide

StK v Melb not on FTA

Rich v Haw on Seven in Melbourne; 7mate in Sydney & Brisbane

WCE v Ess on Seven in Perth
It occurs to me that the games originally scheduled for Seven's main channel will probably be moved to 7mate due to Queen coverage, so keep that in mind.

Ikon Park? I hope the Blues aren't filling their coffers from these other clubs.

WO being redeveloped into a 20k seater and few other bits and bobs.

Not sure what the arrangement is but they should have played more at Ballarat and engaged with that community more.

Pretty crazy it was even that close really. But putting aside the numbers, Newton was obviously the difference.

And that's despite being labelled a draft bust at 20yo by... people who wonder why they're met with disdain when posting their crap on here.

So a young key forward can take a while to show something, who knew. Prrrrobably worth keeping in mind for Fremantle supporters.

Should be a comfortable win for North on recent form, having gone much closer to beating the Dees (while Adelaide were dictated to by Richmond for 3 quarters). But beating good teams on the road is rarely, arguably never, something achieved by NM (excluding games in Tassie, the one place they've put the Crows to the sword previously).

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
How was that a free kick for on the full -the tip of the ball was touching the ground the entire time, and then a 50m penalty because the player placed the ball on the ground for the boundary throw in as it should have been - I am not a North fan but they were cheated there,.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
how does Kelli Underwood have a job, doesn't know half the players names and continues to just talk random nonsense

Adelaide dominating nearly all the key stats in that 3rd quarter for little reward. Champion Data's tackle numbers are more inconsistent than the umpiring, no way should it only be 34-46.

Emma King with 3 disposals and 11 hitouts today. Tahlia Randall: maybe not 100% fit for her 2 touches, but did squib a back-with-the-flighter in the goalsquare at the end of a would-be play-of-the-day build-up from Garner and Gatt.

So it was a similar story to last night with one forward, Ponter this time, totally shaping the outcome.

Brazendale showed a lot in R1 and has bounced back early today, no chance of missing a RS nomination if she keeps this pace up. Kind of like a younger and rawer Chelsea Randall is the best way I can think of describing her (at ground level, that is).

Privitelli missing from point blank at GWS was sometimes the difference between a win and a loss. At Sydney, it's the difference between a 4 and 5 goal margin, but feels like the much more disheartening scenario. Thankfully Lochland kicks truly to better reflect the I50 count.

Once again it's so blatant to see what a big fat ground and two attack-first coaches can do for fast-paced free-flowing football. And it's funny how the SCG is like the worst ground in the men's comp for TV camera angle and playing surface... then you compare it to what we just got for the game at Unley mudpit shot from halfway up a step ladder, holy crap.

Hack captain. Dumb coach. Trash ground. It's not enough that Geelong have to suck, they have to bring everybody down to their level. And I don't care what happens in the 2nd half. If you're gonna flood your back half to an unrivalled level, you gotta cop the criticism.

Yeeep go and * yourself, Dan Lowther lol. The club bends over backwards with their balls in a knot to try luring the hottest talent from SA, WA & QLD... can they really be happy with such a talentless brand of football.

They lose their spearhead, plus another young key forward, but they get Melbourne's all-time leading goalkicker (Melbourne, not some dud team) and then play her in the backpocket. The AFL should step in and sack this idiot if the Cats don't.

Of course that won't happen, cos some things never change. Like Stacey Livingstone crumbling under pressure late in a game, very reminiscent of the prelim vs Brisbane in 2021. On the other hand, stand and applaud the coming-of-age of Jordyn Allen, who was a walking brainfade just last season.

Back