Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

twhowler

All Australian
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
David King next week: "I still think Melbourne's best is better than anyone, I've got them just behind the Cats to win the flag."
Gerard Whately will leave the lions out of his top 4 seedings. 'They've done it twice, i want to see it done again. I've got them in the play-in game - win the prelim, i'll put them at 4.'

Gerard Whately will leave the lions out of his top 4 seedings. 'They've done it twice, i want to see it done again. I've got them in the play-in game - win the prelim, i'll put them at 4.'
He will be too busy campaigning for weeks for Berry

"I just cant see the Lions being a real threat until they win on that last day in September." - David King

Days since last grand final? Lions have been irrelevant for years. Congrats on losing a prelim.
A very valid argument here from Fitzey and one that I was prepared for already. So, let's do the math.

Days since last Grand Final win at the MCG

Brisbane - 6,923
Melbourne - 21,175

Over to you Fitzey.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
How the feck can the tribunal slap a 1-week ban on the guy when he has a forearm being pushed down across his face ??

S2MeBr22QR710968234.JPG

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
How the feck can the tribunal slap a 1-week ban on the guy when he has a forearm being pushed down across his face ??

S2MeBr22QR710968234.JPG
Yep. Not many legal options. Fingers in eye of the villain. Vicious short left right punches to the villain's head. A well timed knee to the back of villain's head. Grab villain's hair and pull it out of skull.

Most of these would likely be frowned upon.

What's a man to do?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I thought 2020 definitively proved that Richmond was the best team during that period due to all the away games they had to win. They even came back after losing the QF.
Ive given Richmond a fair serve in 2018 for being mcg queens and 2020 had them ditch that tag.

Rate it a lot higher than their 2018 win any day of the week

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
We all can't be given huge amount of assistance to remain relevant in a state that doesn't care about AFL.
Your team has had how long now to get its shot together?

I mean shheeeeyyit dude. You are on a permadrip as one of the oldest football teams in the comp

Its like my grandad moving in with his great grandad to save money on rent slagging off his grandson for moving back in with his son to save for a house…

*shakes head

NeverEddie

Debutant
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Straight sets Dees.

One trick ponies.

Real premierships are won at the G
Yep - because vic clubs actually need the home ground advantage . . .otherwise you would mostly win nothing. You Victorians are nothing but arrogant fcampaigners. Totally misplaced arrogance too, that's the best bit.

Astro_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep - because vic clubs actually need the home ground advantage . . .otherwise you would mostly win nothing. You Victorians are nothing but arrogant fcampaigners. Totally misplaced arrogance too, that's the best bit.

Brisbane had 2020 gifted to them and still couldn’t get the job done

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne

S2MeBr22QR710968234.JPG
What doesn’t help Berry is that still is from the second time he gouges at Oliver’s eye. He got done for the one before that when he clearly did put his finger Oliver’s eye and scrapes across Oliver’s face. Oliver didn’t have his forearm on Berry’s neck or face at the point.

After the first eye gouge is when Oliver put the forearm down hard, and that’s the still above when Berry goes back for seconds.

This wasn’t a street fight, he wasn’t in fear for his life. He did the crime, he got the time.

Back