Review Semi Final, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So why hasn’t Christensen sighted anything from Oliver ? . Absolutely staggering . One man has been picked out the bloke who is is on his back with a 90kg plus bloke on top of him pushing his forearm into hah throat . We should take this to legal court if they try nail Berry on this.

Can't get distracted by Berry incident. Appeal early, move on.

I was lucky enough to be at 2001 GF, and in footy terms don't think it will be surpassed. But last night, easily second best live win.

Next week, same as past two. Nobody likes us, we don't care. In it up to our eyeballs. Geelong won't fancy it one little bit.

Interest selection meetings coming up this week.

FcROWk_acAAYVm6

Don't really understand how it works. Thought Starc and Trac were better than their rankings.

Can see it was Zorko and Ah Chee who did some big work in the 2nd qtr.
Would love to know how Ben Brown ended up so high on that list?🤔

In fact I'm going to go as far as to say that despite people here getting it completely wrong and going off their nut over Zorko for days on end the moment where we started to get mental ascendency over Melbourne was when Petty started crying.

They've never recovered from that. It showed a fragility that both teams who have played them since have been able to use to their benefit.
Well I'm not sure you can blame Petty. He was their best player last night, had a great game.

The message it sends is that we think the MRO is full of s**t.

Sorry mate but that is bs.

Fair enough. I have a different position, but it's completely irrelevant - I am unconnected with the process.

Whatever happens is beyond my control and I'm happy for the club hierarchy to make their own professional judgment.

Being right or prescient on a footy forum has long since departed my catalogue of needs :)

I'm just here to cheer you bastards up :D

Two things that need to be commented on: (1) the pathetic efforts by Nick "Captain Crybaby" Riewoldt to criticise Lincoln McCarthy about his clash with Harrison Petty. It almost seemed like Nick was going to cry again; (2) In today's Herald-Scum, there's a graphic photo of Harrison Petty on top of Dayne Zorko with his fingers so far into Zorko's eye sockets Petty's fingertips are in danger of sticking out of Zorko's nostrils. Where are Garry Lyon, Nathan Buckley and John Ralph when you need them,
Do you have a pic of the Herald Sun image you mentioned?

Saw the closeup vision of the Berry incident. If you look closely, Oliver bites Berrys finger right before Berry scrapes him. Surely there have to be extenuating circumstances, huge brute ontop of you, with a forearm forcibly on his throat and biting him.
Funny, my friend said this but I couldn't see a clear angle to show the biting

Just watched the game on delay from Cairo. Had to wait a day to find decent enough internet and had to avoid social media/anything sports related like a plague so I didn't get any spoilers and far out was it worth it. What a win!

Berry, Hipwood, Hugh, Andrews, Fort and Charlie were huge. Loved how well we tackled, I've been so frustrated the last few times we've played Melbourne with how easily they've shrugged off our tackle attempts but not tonight.

To beat Melbourne in a big game and at the G of all places, pinching myself. The belief is back.

Funny, my friend said this but I couldn't see a clear angle to show the biting
When I saw the replay live at the time I thought Oliver was biting him but I can't see it on subsequent viewings when I look back at it. I think if he had Berry would've kicked up more of a fuss because that's a pretty horrid/unusual thing to do on a footy field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wing AttendanceSemi FinalMelbourneMCG
Names
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total
Percentage
Bottom​
Bottom​
Bottom​
Bottom​
Berry
2​
3​
2​
2​
9​
16.67%​
Answerth
3​
1​
1​
3​
4​
3​
1​
2​
18​
33.33%​
Ah Chee
1​
2​
1​
1​
5​
3​
13​
24.07%​
Robertson
3​
3​
3​
4​
13​
24.07%​
Coleman
1​
1​
1.85%​

This week's big props go to the guys playing defensively at the back of the square near the end of the game who made sure to get themselves on camera in the ensuing play so I could identify them.

Oliver’s reaction was more out of frustration that he was getting his tweeds pulled down. Making it seem all the more worse.
The frustrating part is the “he had other options” - like what? trying to talk Oliver out of putting force on his neck?

I'm saving the Dees board review thread for dessert. Has anybody else had a taste yet?

Nowhere near as spicy as the Tigers board, and it just made me feel bad for them. They’d been all calling this happening because of Goodwin’s inability to change tactics/team composition.

Sounds familiar hey.

I've posted this on the dedicated thread but this slow footage of the whole incident, not just the point from where Berry's hand is across Oliver's face, really looks as though a Oliver bites his finger right before Bez tries to force him off...

Back