Autopsy AFL 2022 First Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Fri Sept 16th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 62 31.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B3298A69-62EE-4336-846A-277F3548958F.png

AFL 2022 FINALS WEEK 3
FIRST PRELIMINARY FINAL
GEELONG V BRISBANE
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH 7:50PM AEST (MCG)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

CATS

B: Z.Tuohy, S.De Koning, J.Bews
HB: Z.Guthrie, J.Henry, T.Stewart
C: I.Smith, J.Selwood, T.Atkins
HF: B.Close, J.Cameron, M.Duncan
F: T.Stengle, T.Hawkins, G.Rohan
FOL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield, C.Guthrie

I/C: J.Kolodjashnij, M.Blicavs, M.Holmes, G.Miers
EMG: B.Parfitt, M.O’Connor, S.Menegola, J.Ceglar

IN: None
OUT: M.O’Connor (Medi-Sub)

LIONS
B: D.Gardiner, D.McStay, D.Rich
HB: B.Starcevich, H.Andrews, K.Coleman
C: Z.Bailey, J.Berry, C.Ah Chee
HF: D.Zorko, E.Hipwood, L.McCarthy
F: J.Payne, J.Daniher, C.Cameron
FOL: O.McInerney, L.Neale, H.McCluggage

I/C: D.Robertson, C.Rayner, N.Answerth, D.Wilmot
EMG: J.Prior, D.Fort, R.Lester, R.Mathieson

IN: J.Daniher, O.McInerney
OUT: D.Fort, T.Fullarton (both omitted), R.Mathieson (Medi-Sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:
As much as I'd love a Brisbane v Collingwood grand final throwback.....

Its Geelongs premiership to lose. I didn't see King Charles decline to be king so William has a long reign. I don't see Geelong giving away their birthright to be 2022 premiers. And for Dangerfield to get what's rightfully his (according to media).

Geelong by 48 points.

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
Geez, it has been a great finals series so far, no blowouts to speak of and this could be another game to the death. At the moment I'm thinking Cats by 4 goals but if the Lions get Berry cleared and Daniher back with MCG finals victory experience under their belt, it could tighten the result.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s Geelong and September so who knows what could happen, but if they bring something approaching their best footy then they should win
Id worry about your own teams record in Sept - because its not flash at all

There are 3 teams who in the past decade who have got very ordinary final records Pt Adelaide Geel and Syd

So your mob is in the same boat mate

Id worry about your own teams record in Sept - because its not flash at all

There are 3 teams who in the past decade who have got very ordinary final records Pt Adelaide Geel and Syd

So your mob is in the same boat mate
Erm, okay… I feel like you took that comment a little too much to heart 😅 Literally all I was doing was discussing this game and its possible outcomes, and if you re read my comment you might see that I ended up saying you should win?

I’m fully aware of my own team’s recent finals record and absolutely concede it needs improvement, but last time I checked this was a thread about Geelong and Brisbane, not the Swans.

Nah it’s at the MCG, Geelong don’t play finals at Kardinia (it’s a whole other story)

Ah - right. I suppose you can’t play big and important games in a rural suburban ground like kardinia. Logistically too challenging.

We have been underdogs for both finals so far, happy to keep that going into this one.

I generally believe our best is good enough to win but it may also require Geelong being 5-10% off their best.

My tip is Cats by 20 and they go on to win the flag. Lions to be brave until the last quarter.

maxiboy238

Senior List
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Honestly this has a hawthorn vs port 2014 prelim final feel about it

Interesting to know when was the last time geelong won two finals in a row since 2011?

Cats play their best footy at the G- suits them better than K.Park.
I don’t disagree with that necessarily, I just don’t think Kardinia suits the Lions (or most away teams really) at all. You guys play the dimensions there better than anyone. The Lions just beat the reigning premiers on the G so they’d rightly feel more confident there than at Kardinia where away teams hardly win

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lions have nothing to lose. They've knocked off a top 4 team already. They can go into this game just going for it without fear.

Geelong on the other hand...there has to be some scars over the last decade. Will there be a fear in them if it gets into the 4th quarter and it is closer than anyone expects.

Geelong should win. But betting against Geelong in finals matches since 2011 would make you rich by now.

Back