Review Semi Final, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be an excellent thing to keep up our sleeves against the Gericatrics next week too
It was something that was raised pre game here. With Melbourne a bit wounded you knew they were going to try to put us away early in case the jabs wore off. Just suck up whatever they threw at us knowing we would have the energy to run it out better.

In big games during the Fagan era we've come out with all guns blazing on occasions and used up a lot of mental and physical energy without getting the equivalent scoreboard outcome . Maybe we did against the Tigers in the H/A game but ran out of gas.

It's pleasing to see we're a bit more strategic in our thinking . You could see our guys lifting in the last bits of every quarter. They had the energy. It's also a confidence boost knowing you can run it out.

I had a horrible feeling it could happen to you too and really hoped and so glad you did get to the game..

..and they don't even offer a free cup of tea/coffee while waiting hours. Can see Jetstar folding like Ansett did.

The excuse we got was that it was engineering problemso_O that also doesn't give off good feelings for them. If its staffing issues just say so..
Same excuse we got, I would say it is a $$$ problem ie. they just didn't view it as a financially profit worthy flight, they are not trustworthy IMO.

My son, his wife and 3 children went on a holiday to Northern Territory a few years ago and had booked to fly out of Uluru with Jetstar🤮, flight cancelled on the day due to "engineering problem" they ended up having to go home via Melbourne with another airline, IIRC Virgin.

Same excuse we got, I would say it is a $$$ problem ie. they just didn't view it as a financially profit worthy flight, they are not trustworthy IMO.

My son, his wife and 3 children went on a holiday to Northern Territory a few years ago and had booked to fly out of Uluru with Jetstar🤮, flight cancelled on the day due to "engineering problem" they ended up having to go home via Melbourne with another airline, IIRC Virgin.

Dreadful situation for families to be put in...young couple I was waiting with had a 3month old baby, supposed to have flown on the same rescheduled flight as me at 6.20am i think it was, anyway by mid afternoon were running out of spare stuff for the baby....luckily the chemist was still open at airport.

With the bad publicity lately, people won't want to fly with them again regardless of being cheap flights..

It was something that was raised pre game here. With Melbourne a bit wounded you knew they were going to try to put us away early in case the jabs wore off. Just suck up whatever they threw at us knowing we would have the energy to run it out better.

In big games during the Fagan era we've come out with all guns blazing on occasions and used up a lot of mental and physical energy without getting the equivalent scoreboard outcome . Maybe we did against the Tigers in the H/A game but ran out of gas.

It's pleasing to see we're a bit more strategic in our thinking . You could see our guys lifting in the last bits of every quarter. They had the energy. It's also a confidence boost knowing you can run it out.

Bolded bit is the biggest takeaway so far in the finals series. Our problem areas have been midfield not streaming back to defend or when we rebound out of defensive 50, there was a lack of dare and overlap run. We seem to be finding these grooves so far in the games against Richmond and Melbourne. Winning at MCG is an even bigger confidence booster, while performing well on our areas of need.

Now Rich, Coleman, Wilmot are aware of the overlap they can create and our mids are switched on to feed them when they run past, we suddenly have a different look and feel in game style. Berry was the biggest driver of this during 3rd and 4th, whenever he won it he was feeding it out quickly so the runner went another 10-15m before thumping it deeper into F50.

I'm feeling quite confident we'll be able to score well regardless of what Geelong throw at us. Expecting a new level of confidence from the team after that MCG win, we might have a few surprises in Prelim too.

I know I posted this in the Preview section but it's just prophylactic I had to run it again.

Looks a bit like Fagan, don't you think? ;)

23512_aa.jpg

Never liked condoms either, in my younger days.

"The Fremantle home ground advantage is way stronger than what Brisbane have been able to do"

I think after that statement we only lost 4 Home and Away Gabba games in 4 years.

Last edited:
"The Brisbane home ground advantage is way stronger than what Brisbane have been able to do"

I think after that statement we only lost 4 Home and Away Gabba games in 4 years.
I think you meant Freo Brab. Yeah we've been pretty much unbeatable at the Gabba in H/A .

That was such a dumb unresearched statement.

I think you meant Freo Brab. Yeah we've been pretty much unbeatable at the Gabba in H/A .

That was such a dumb unresearched statement.

True.

At the time he wasn't wrong though. I think I attended the majority of our home games from 2016-2018 and I didn't see that many wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of his punditry but Whateley's commentary along with the GOAT Anthony Hudson's is spine chilling, love it.

Why do SEN get that and we get BT who can't even get our players names right?

What a terrible take from Lloyd. Why can't we win the flag? We just played our best footy for the year on Friday, at a ground we haven't won at since 2014.

And I guarantee that if we lost, the narrative would be that Melbourne are right in the race for the flag. Typical

I've said for ages that Lloyd hates . Yes "hates" Brisbane - he never ever says a kind word about us or our players. Flog - would rather use different words.

I’d advise you have a closer look at his “handballs” in congestion, his skills aren’t anywhere near as good as you’re led to believe.

Serial chucker, once you see it you won’t be able to unsee it. Just very good as disguising it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Regardless, if he’s good enough to disguise it and not get caught he’s doing his job. His work in close is elite, don’t let the maroon and gold glasses stop that view, would have him at the club any day.

I'm not a fan of his punditry but Whateley's commentary along with the GOAT Anthony Hudson's is spine chilling, love it.

I love how SEN and triple m upload the video footage now - so much better than the commentary that comes through the tv. You used to only be able to hear snippets of it through the occasional AFL360 quad call montage thing.

My fav moment in that one was the Bailey goal to ice it

I love how SEN and triple m upload the video footage now - so much better than the commentary that comes through the tv. You used to only be able to hear snippets of it through the occasional AFL360 quad call montage thing.

Charlie’s Angle’s underrated?

Nathan Jones in the background is a sad figure.

Nathan Jones in the background is a sad figure.

Nathan Jones commentary is horrendous, adds nothing. They go to him and his insight consists of saying "that was massive" "what was awesome". Job for the boys if I have ever seen one.

Back