Traded Billy Frampton [Traded to Collingwood for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lipinski was a reserves player, so is Frampton.

A third round is what it costs to get a non best 22 from another club. It's not much but it's the price.
Lipinski was a promising 23 year old who was only missing out on gametime because he was trying to break into the deepest midfield in the league. Frampton is a 26 year old who can't get a game ahead of Nick Murray.

Collingwood traded pick 75 for Jordan Roughead a few years ago. That's about what you'll get for Frampton.

Lipinski was a promising 23 year old who was only missing out on gametime because he was trying to break into the deepest midfield in the league. Frampton is a 26 year old who can't get a game ahead of Nick Murray.

Collingwood traded pick 75 for Jordan Roughead a few years ago. That's about what you'll get for Frampton.
75 would be nice. Unfortunately some Crows fans have an inflated view on what our players are worth, some of them think McAsey is worth a second round pick. If Crows get anything below 75 its a win.

75 would be nice. Unfortunately some Crows fans have an inflated view on what our players are worth, some of them think McAsey is worth a second round pick. If Crows get anything below 75 its a win.
Well we drafted him at 88 and we traded him to you for a future 4th so there is an established price on his head

Is this the same bloke that was on our list for 5 years because I don't remember any of those things.
Probably because he didn’t play defence at port.

He gets no where near it as a forward but find the ball well in the back half. Never watched him at port but he’s definitely a good kick, especially for his size

Probably because he didn’t play defence at port.

He gets no where near it as a forward but find the ball well in the back half. Never watched him at port but he’s definitely a good kick, especially for his size
I bet if I looked hard enough I could find a post where everyone of these guys would be complaining about Frampton.

I bet if I looked hard enough I could find a post where everyone of these guys would be complaining about Frampton.
No s**t Sherlock. No one’s thinks he’s some underrated star.
He has obvious flaws but could make a solid interceptor for the right team.

But what you said about him is simply untrue.

No s**t Sherlock. No one’s thinks he’s some underrated star.
He has obvious flaws but could make a solid interceptor for the right team.

But what you said about him is simply untrue.
What do you mean.

All Port posters only post positive things about their players & coaches lol...

We need a tall defender. We have an undersized Howe playing that role with Moore. Murphy is just a little slight.

Frampton will be our Roughhead replacement. If he can contribute as much as Roughhead did, he will be valuable to our structure. Doesn’t need to be a star.

Roughead was a throwaway pick. I suspect Frampton will be as well.

We need a tall defender. We have an undersized Howe playing that role with Moore. Murphy is just a little slight.

Frampton will be our Roughhead replacement. If he can contribute as much as Roughhead did, he will be valuable to our structure. Doesn’t need to be a star.

Roughead was a throwaway pick. I suspect Frampton will be as well.
Just spitballing how we could tie in the frampton deal to help us get Rankine

Its a bit out there but here goes.

Crows
Out: Frampton, 2022 2nd
In Collingwood 2022 2nd and 2023 2nd

Collingwood
Out 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd
In Frampton & Crows 2022 2nd

You would essentially be upgrading your 2nd this year quite a bit at the cost of your 2nd next year and get Frampton for essentially nothing. But it gives us an extra future 2nd whilst still staying in the 2nd round this year. Then the crows could offer up their future 1st and the collingwood future 2nd to GC for Rankine - thats a lot of points for next year's academy players or possibly gives them a 1st round pick that gets in before a bid comes in on their academy kids and points for any bid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spitballing how we could tie in the frampton deal to help us get Rankine

Its a bit out there but here goes.

Crows
Out: Frampton, 2022 2nd
In Collingwood 2022 2nd and 2023 2nd

Collingwood
Out 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd
In Frampton & Crows 2022 2nd

You would essentially be upgrading your 2nd this year quite a bit at the cost of your 2nd next year and get Frampton for essentially nothing. But it gives us an extra future 2nd whilst still staying in the 2nd round this year. Then the crows could offer up their future 1st and the collingwood future 2nd to GC for Rankine - thats a lot of points for next year's academy players or possibly gives them a 1st round pick that gets in before a bid comes in on their academy kids and points for any bid
Lol no.
He’s worth nothing and you know it

if you look carefully, you guys are winning that deal without Frampton even figuring..You would be bumping your 2022 2nd up by at least 10 places or more at the cost of a future 2nd

But anyway, its just spitballing
Would you ever actually entertain giving up a second round draft pick to ungrade 10 spots anything outside a top 20 pick?

Would you ever actually entertain giving up a second round draft pick to ungrade 10 spots anything outside a top 20 pick?
well the crows have got a number of 2nds over the journey by downgrading 2nds by only a few places. I think we also gave up a future 2nd to upgrade a couple of spots to get Jimmy Rowe..it certainly happens

well the crows have got a number of 2nds over the journey by downgrading 2nds by only a few places. I think we also gave up a future 2nd to upgrade a couple of spots to get Jimmy Rowe..it certainly happens
There’s a difference between upgrading/downgrading picks with actually giving up a second round pick all together to upgrade a different one.

There’s a difference between upgrading/downgrading picks with actually giving up a second round pick all together to upgrade a different one.
No I mean that the crows moved up a couple of places to get jimmy by also paying a future 2nd. GWS also paid us a future 2nd to move up 4 spots from memory to grab bobby hill. It certainly happens

Last edited:
thats piss weak gollant. 30m out dead in front and you miss when you have done SFA all day

No I mean that the crows moved up a couple of places to get jimmy by also paying a future 2nd. GWS also paid us a future 2nd to move up 4 spots from memory to grab bobby hill. It certainly happens
I’m confused. Know nothing about this bloke but why haven’t the Crows played him? Had two seemingly great games (stats wise) in a row against Tigers and Dogs earlier in the year but never got a look back in after getting dropped.

I’m confused. Know nothing about this bloke but why haven’t the Crows played him? Had two seemingly great games (stats wise) in a row against Tigers and Dogs earlier in the year but never got a look back in after getting dropped.
They didn't trust his 1v1 defending after curnow destroyed him and sent him back to the SANFL to work on it. If you guys can play him as purely an interceptor 3rd man up, he'll likely be fine as he is a good mark and quite an accurate kick. We have doedee in that 3rd man intercept role and worrell looks good in that role too. Then butts and murray are the ones the coaches like for the bigger forwards

I know we get very little for him and i really do wish him well if he goes to the pies

4th rounder?..i spitballed them getting an extra future 2nd on top of the future 1st
Yes, and that deal will never happen in a million years. You'll get a fourth or thereabouts. It's not Collingwood's job to help you get Rankine in return for a 26 year old fringe player.

Yes, and that deal will never happen in a million years. You'll get a fourth or thereabouts. It's not Collingwood's job to help you get Rankine in return for a 26 year old fringe player.
What..we give collingwood OUR 2022 2nd which is 10+ places higher than theirs and frampton for theirs and their 2023 2nd..they win that without frampton. What are you on about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back