The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

The usual suspects aren’t who you are trying to convince. It’s the regular Australian who doesn’t really think much about monarchies but ticks the vote to remain out of status quo. You want to convince them but going right after the death risks offending them, remember they aren’t particularly engaged so you don’t get many chances to influence them.
While discussing at the coronation would to me at least seem to be a more timely and natural discussion
The regular Australian won't care about that tweet.

I think you are incorrect but we are definitely in the area of difficult to demonstrate opinions
Why would they? Surely the average Australian has been watching all the pomp and circumstance on TV and been wondering just what exactly it has to do with Australia. Why would they get upset about an inoffensive tweet asking the same question?

Why would they? Surely the average Australian has been watching all the pomp and circumstance on TV and been wondering just what exactly it has to do with Australia. Why would they get upset about an inoffensive tweet asking the same question?
Due to the timing of asking which implies the value or lack thereof of someone who just died (the whole not speaking I’ll of the dead).

Due to the timing of asking which implies the value or lack thereof of someone who just died (the whole not speaking I’ll of the dead).
That's just it, only the clutchiest of pearl clutchers are going to think that the dead were somehow spoke ill of in that tweet. There's been a change of HoS, surely now is the right time to ask the question.

That's just it, only the clutchiest of pearl clutchers are going to think that the dead were somehow spoke ill of in that tweet. There's been a change of HoS, surely now is the right time to ask the question.
And I think it would be more impactful with less blow back by asking at the time of coronation. I think you perhaps underestimate the number of “pearl clutchers” out there.

I align with this woman's views on a number of topics.

But "a racist empire built on stolen lives, land and wealth of colonised peoples."??

She is correct, but if that is what she objects to, is she not aware that by living in modern Australia she is benefitting from the same thing? Especially, if the Twitter feed is correct, she has three investment properties?

IMG_0569.JPG

This bloke sums it up correctly…

All those things were the result of “western civilisation” eh?:

First Written Languges - Mesopotamian

First Internal plumbing - Ancient Egypt

First Internal Heating/climate control - China/Korea

Bloke needs to grow a brain
Let alone the assumption that the only way for imperial powers to get access to goods and raw materials was via plunder, dispossession and subjugation.

Dickhead needs to read this book:

Well it can be, but for better or worse, we live in a representative multiparty democracy. So that direct action needs to translate into winning people's hearts and minds, because eventually they'll have the choice to vote for politicians who will preserve any gains won by the direct action, or politicians who will not only give them away, but make direct action harder to carry out, in the hopes of never having to deal with it again. It may not be most effective to concentrate on electoral politics only as a means to create change, but it can't be fully ignored either.

The protests in Chile from 2019 onwards ended up creating change, in that a process was started to rewrite the constitution in a way that responded to the demands of the protesters. But in a recent referendum, the public voted down the constitution that came out of that process, because they weren't convinced by all the ideals that went into it. So the direct action also has to find popular approval to make permanent gains.
For sure, we've seen both libs in NSW and Labor in VIC pass legislation to limit peoples ability to protest recently though do I don't think voting for major parties protects anything but them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure racist is the headline to take from that. The breathtaking stupidity is standout from my read.
Oh its super racist
You'd be living in huts in the bush without technology or plumbing if we hadn't invaded you and if you're not thankful for it go back to the hut

Oh its super racist
You'd be living in huts in the bush without technology or plumbing if we hadn't invaded you and if you're not thankful for it go back to the hut
Oh I mean obviously when you're simping for colonialism you're a racist with a capital R but the shear stupidity of the argument sticks out more IMO.

All those things were the result of “western civilisation” eh?:

First Written Languges - Mesopotamian

First Internal plumbing - Ancient Egypt

First Internal Heating/climate control - China/Korea

Bloke needs to grow a brain
He isn’t claiming they invented it.

Maybe have some understanding of history and geographical idea of the world over some quick Google searches to be woke

Maybe have some understanding of history and geographical idea of the world over some quick Google searches to be woke

Which previously banned right wing poster are you?

He said “western civilisation” was provided us with those things. As in if western countries hadn’t colonised third world ones then those third world counties would still be living in squalor.

That’s not true. Look at China. They seem to be providing technology and infrastructure (internal heating and climate control like they invented) without butchering locals in those countries.

The “west is best” brigade really do need to grow a brain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back