Just spitballing how we could tie in the frampton deal to help us get Rankine

Its a bit out there but here goes.

Crows
Out: Frampton, 2022 2nd
In Collingwood 2022 2nd and 2023 2nd

Collingwood
Out 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd
In Frampton & Crows 2022 2nd

You would essentially be upgrading your 2nd this year quite a bit at the cost of your 2nd next year and get Frampton for essentially nothing. But it gives us an extra future 2nd whilst still staying in the 2nd round this year. Then the crows could offer up their future 1st and the collingwood future 2nd to GC for Rankine - thats a lot of points for next year's academy players or possibly gives them a 1st round pick that gets in before a bid comes in on their academy kids and points for any bid
we don't have a 2022 2nd. The 2023 draft is supposedly strong, so I suspect a fair few clubs will want to swap pick for next year.
I can't see you getting any more than a 4th round throwaway pick.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
we don't have a 2022 2nd. The 2023 draft is supposedly strong, so I suspect a fair few clubs will want to swap pick for next year.
I can't see you getting any more than a 4th round throwaway pick.
You don't chase players who you think are only worth a throwaway 4th round pick. Why would you waste a list spot on someone like that?
I think it might be a future second for him and our future third. You guys are in the top 4 and we are in the bottom 6, so the gap between your second and out third wouldn't be very much.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don't chase players who you think are only worth a throwaway 4th round pick. Why would you waste a list spot on someone like that?
I think it might be a future second for him and our future third. You guys are in the top 4 and we are in the bottom 6, so the gap between your second and out third wouldn't be very much.
It will be a late pick 3rd Round or 4th.

You aren't getting any second round in any deal.. Keep dreaming.

It will be a late pick 3rd Round or 4th.

You aren't getting any second round in any deal.. Keep dreaming.
Your last of 3 picks in the 40's will do it.

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Crazy thread as Frampton couldn’t get a game at port then traded to the crows and still can’t get a game. A 25 year old with 24 afl games who couldn’t get a game at two clubs and a bottom four club is worthless. Framptons value has dropped as Nick’s doesn’t rate him otherwise he would be best 22 playing in a bottom four team each week. Crows fans desperate for a pick in the 40’s which is highly unlikely or realistic.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Frampton isn’t a walk up best 22 at Collingwood. He is depth with the possibility of turning him into a solid backman. It’s not as if you can’t find them in the VFL. In fact we did rookie list Charlie Dean who unfortunately copped a couple of injuries ending his season when he was about to be selected. Hawthorn picked one up in the mid season draft who played practically every game.

Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can I ask what you traded for him after chasing him from us?

Is this a joke or are you new to football? Several players are traded for fourth round picks or thereabouts literally every year. Even Billy Frampton himself was one of them a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlander

Senior List
Nov 2, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
I don't know much about Frampton but after reading some of this page my take is that he is pretty bad (dominated us earlier in the year). Even with everybody saying how bad he is, I would love the Dogs to give him a crack, he can't be worse than Cordy...

zhoung

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

Western Bulldogs ruckman Jordan Roughead has departed the Club in a trade with Collingwood, in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

The Bulldogs received selection 75 from the Magpies in exchange for the 27-year-old, who leaves the Club as a premiership player with 138 games to his name.

Pleasedontfail11

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
F1 racing
How about we trade future 2nds and Adelaide backs themselves in to be better then us next year. Or we can give you a future 3rd or 4th rounder.

Watto71

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just spitballing how we could tie in the frampton deal to help us get Rankine

Its a bit out there but here goes.

Crows
Out: Frampton, 2022 2nd
In Collingwood 2022 2nd and 2023 2nd

Collingwood
Out 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd
In Frampton & Crows 2022 2nd

You would essentially be upgrading your 2nd this year quite a bit at the cost of your 2nd next year and get Frampton for essentially nothing. But it gives us an extra future 2nd whilst still staying in the 2nd round this year. Then the crows could offer up their future 1st and the collingwood future 2nd to GC for Rankine - thats a lot of points for next year's academy players or possibly gives them a 1st round pick that gets in before a bid comes in on their academy kids and points for any bid
2nd round and Frampton don't belong in the same sentence

Watto71

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I had high hopes for Frampton when he was at Port but he's a good SANFL player unfortunately he hasn't taken that to the AFL
I dont understand why Collingwood are chasing him but if he can turn it around good on him and the Pies

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So rankine worth a f1 with high second coming back but billy list clogger frampton worth a pick in the 40s …

Lol - radelaide supporters truly a special breed
Originally pick 88 in the ND, in five seasons does nothing at port, traded to us for a 4th rounder we didn't use, does nothing with us in three seasons. So after 8 seasons doing nothing is suddenly worth something to the Pies? Is Ned Guy still there?

Pies if they want him will pick him up as a DFA

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
So rankine worth a f1 with high second coming back but billy list clogger frampton worth a pick in the 40s …

Lol - radelaide supporters truly a special breed
40s.....lol. Only if Collingwood is being generous like GCS who gave Atkins $400K so we received an end of 2nd rounder compensation but then he is a "KPD" so.....

Last edited:
The pies have 2 picks in the 40s? surely 1 of those goes to the Crows in exchange for Billy?
Why do Crows supporters think a player who was drafted with pick 88, traded a few years later for a future fourth rounder, and who is now three years older and still playing mostly SANFL, has suddenly upped his worth to a third rounder? It is truly truly baffling.

You'll get a pick in the 60's or 70's. Deal with it. Expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back