Preview Preliminary Final: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - 7:50 PM Friday the 16th of September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming into this finals series many on this board said we wouldn't get past the first week let alone beat Melbourne . The same ones who'd written us off now think we're a better chance against Geelong than we were in those games. Sentiment is driven by winning games.

We were entitled to beat Richmond ,had a super chance against a wounded Melbourne and now face a bigger test imo. We don't really have the same momentum as the Bulldogs in 2016. They won week 1 by 47 points and week 2 against the flag favorites Hawthorn by 23 points.

We've gained a lot of self belief and can win this week but it's harder and we need to play better for the whole game. That means players like Rayner and Bailey improve on last week , Berry gets off of course , Daniher puts in as he can when he's on song, McInerny is completely right , and Andrews ,Payne and Gardiner don't let their gun forwards have a day out.

I'm hopeful without getting carried away.
I’ve always thought we were a better chance against Geelong, because they haven’t been a running team. But even they have added extra run this year with the younger players they have incorporated in to their team.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Buckley is presenting the Norm Smith this year. How good would it be to beat the Pies in another Grand Final 20 years on and have Bucks present the NS to one of our players!
I expect him to be presenting it to the best player from the losing side not the best player overall.

uhm-me.gif
Richmond yes. Melbourne no.

spank me GIF

*I have no idea how this gif showed up in a “me to” gif search, but it works for me.

When is the Berry hearing?

Huge decision tonight as far as our chance at the ultimate prize goes, Berry in the form he was in during the 2nd half against the Demons is a game breaker, could be the difference in a tight game.

Okay boys and girls, I’ve had a change of heart. We’ve done enough this season for me to be happy about the growth/future of the club already. I now want us to win the flag for one reason, and one reason only:

To see Hardwick, the Tiger army, and the Richmond Football Club as a whole implode with unfettered rage.

They’re still going on about it over on their board, it never ends. Apparently the AFL invited Hardwick to tour the ARC, and he did so with the clubs legal counsel in tow. They genuinely think they’re going to sue the AFL and win. Talk of a class action lawsuit, it’s hilarious.

If that isn’t enough motivation for the boys to get it done on Friday (and next Saturday), I don’t know what is.
Do they even understand what a class action is?

i'd sign up for it just to be inside the bubble when it bursts for them :p

Sort of tempted to create a fake Richmond profile and go cause some havoc on their board. Whether its madness or outrage or false bravado - just try and outdo the posters there and put them to shame haha.. Gill is resigning the CEO role because he couldn't take the heat from Richmond board ! War on Ukraine because Putin got scared of Richmond's triple premiership !

Sort of tempted to create a fake Richmond profile and go cause some havoc on their board. Whether its madness or outrage or false bravado - just try and outdo the posters there and put them to shame haha.. Gill is resigning the CEO role because he couldn't take the heat from Richmond board ! War on Ukraine because Putin got scared of Richmond's triple premiership !
You could try a subtle username like Agent_Provocateur_Tiger_of_Old!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I'm just happy to be here. I was at the round 23 game and saw a team that were tired and deflated. I don't know what happened in the ensuing week but I went to see them against the Tigers and they were a completely different outfit, I loved it! I was behind the goals when Joey kicked the winner and the place erupted. All I wanted from there was a competitive effort, so to win against Melbourne was fantastic. The only disappointment I'd take away from a loss to Geelong would be not getting to see them in the Grand Final. But for the year, I'm already beyond happy and proud.
I didn't start following AFL until 2010, so this has been an amazing journey.

This would be a bigger upset if we win than last week. Cats draw may have been easier but they have also smashed pretty much everyone since their last loss. Exception being the Collingwood and Richmond games. Who at the mcg are very hard to beat. Cats have a lot of firepower and are the best team in it. Collingwood fired their best shot and Geelong played bang average and still won. Toss a coin between us and Sydney. I think Collingwood not beating us, Geelong or Sydney this year means they are a clear 4th best. On paper I actually can’t believe they made it to a prelim but I guess when you play so many games at one venue it helps.

Does anyone know if there will be any open training's in Melbourne for the weekend? Any information would be greatly appreciated 😊

Does anyone know if there will be any open training's in Melbourne for the weekend? Any information would be greatly appreciated 😊
We play Friday night so doubt there would be open training on the weekend. ;)

Should be a captains run on Thursday afternoon in Melbourne though, where? Not sure if we get a run on the MCG or not.

AFL Injury list dated Tuesday 13-09-2022

BRISBANE

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Marcus Adams Concussion Season
Tom Berry Shoulder Season
Oscar McInerney Concussion Test
Carter Michael Shoulder Season
Updated: September 13, 2022

Early prognosis​

No problems to worry about for Brisbane ahead of its preliminary final against Geelong. McInerney trained well on Tuesday and is expected to pass his final concussion tests and take his spot against the Cats. Michael Whiting

GEELONG

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jake Kolodjashnij Knee Test
Flynn Kroeger Knee Season
Sam Simpson Quad TBC
Cooper Whyte Groin Season
James Willis Quad TBC
Updated: September 13, 2022

Early prognosis​

Kolodjashnij was substituted out of the qualifying win due to a knee injury. The Cats have been optimistic the defender will be available for the preliminary final. Kolodjashnij trained away from the main group on Monday but is expected to be put through some fitness tests in the coming days after making strong progress across the weekend in his bid to play. – Josh Gabelich

Alright Jerry’s free let’s go win this thing.

In all seriousness that is a huge result for us. I know they’re worried about his shoulders but with a maximum of 2 games to go and given what we are playing for we have to take the risk with it and play him on ball all game Friday night. Lachie and Hugh need more help in there. If he can produce a similar game to last week than who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back