Preview Preliminary Final: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - 7:50 PM Friday the 16th of September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Berry is free to play i would still start him on the wing
Dev to start the tag/run with role on who ever the decide to go after just like last week
Easy enough to change. Cats would expect Berry in middle from the start
I like it, also I think Dev has really good awareness and helps us take the game on through the centre and let Berry help defend and create from the wing

Now Berry is free to play i would still start him on the wing
Dev to start the tag/run with role on who ever the decide to go after just like last week
Easy enough to change. Cats would expect Berry in middle from the start
Smart.

Berry was able to produce a great half of football.

That's all we need if he plays like that again. Not a whole game of watered down intensity.

Berry touched the ball 3-4 times in the first half last week. He had it 22 times and held their best accumulator to 9 in the second half. I understand the sentiment that we can just “throw him back in there” if we need too but what if it’s to late by then this week? So what if Geelong know he’ll be playing in there. They know Lachie and Hugh will be playing in there too. Just like we know Danger, Selwood, Guthrie etc will be.

I just think when you have a guy who played so well in one position the previous week to then go shove him on a wing, which is a position we largely bypass in attack anyway, but on the grounds if * hits the fan again we’ll just move him is hoping lightning strikes twice, when we don’t really need to take that risk to begin with.

If Jerry starts there and isn’t performing there’s no reason that we couldn’t then move him out onto the wing and put Dev in there etc.

Just swung by to say good on you for Berry. You'll see on our board great support for him and the fairest outcome (we're not as arrogant as Richmunt make us out.) Still think we'll win, but it's great that we will have to beat your best team including Berry to do it. Hope you didn't get reamed for airfares and good luck for Friday.

Nah.....

Ignore everything I have posted ITT thus far.

This will be a ******* massacre.

If you have to ask "which way", GTFO OTT :D

We obviously think we're a chance this week.

I'm hoping our brains trust has learnt something from our two finals matches.

If we hang in there and don't spend too much energy we have the cattle to overrun teams.

Through the Fagan years our gameplan has required a lot of energy from the word go. And the will to keep it up for the whole game.

We played a lot smarter in this finals series so far . Whether that just happened or by design I don't know. But we can see what works.

Run with:

Midfield 1: Neale, Berry, McCluggage
Midfield 2: Zorko, Robertson, Rayner/Bailey

Put that against
Midfield 1: Atkins, Selwood Guthrie
Midfield 2: Dangerfield, Blicavs, Holmes/Duncan

I think our first string mids should beat theirs and think we can use our second group to shut down scores from centre bounce. Blicavs and Stanley will be a big test for Oscar and Dan, but think we can neutralise their physical dominance too.

Winner of the midfield battle will take the chocolates. Can't bloody wait.

Just swung by to say good on you for Berry. You'll see on our board great support for him and the fairest outcome (we're not as arrogant as Richmunt make us out.) Still think we'll win, but it's great that we will have to beat your best team including Berry to do it. Hope you didn't get reamed for airfares and good luck for Friday.
Adams out unfortunately who has owned Hawkins in the past.Not quite our best team.I believe you have your best 22 available?

I'm gonna dig into Sausages' history....

QLD born and bred.

Footy (our footy) from 1982, because I rock.

But....

In big games, rugby league games, notably 1980's era SOO, my father said to me : "Big games are won in the forwards".

In footy, that usually equates to "Big games are won in the midfield".

In the course of a season, I'd agree that statement is true 75%+.

Not this week.

Yep, our midfield have to fire as a unit, just as they did v Dees.

But, our forward movement last week was majestic.

We'll win. In the end, comfortably although the intensity will be there until the final siren.

And if you want to know why, start last week's 3rd at about 17:30 to go. Take a moment to visit the score.

And watch the next 5 minutes.

Now, from that same starting point, calculate how many points we added, in little more than 1.5 quarters of finals footy.

It looks like the game has been relegated to 7 mate in Brisbane again. Goodluck growing the supporter base with this type of treatment from 7. I would be emailing ch7 to complain. Even the swans prelim is on 7 main in Sydney and they moved the news to accommodate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams out unfortunately who has owned Hawkins in the past.Not quite our best team.I believe you have your best 22 available?

Yes, as it stands. Scott has said he'll make changes dependant on opposition make up. There is some conjecture that they might switch rucks Stanley for Ceglar, and add Parfitt for midfield grunt/contested. Neale will be a huge obstacle, maybe Blics/Guthrie/O'Connor to tag. Good luck with that, eh? Hawk was well beaten by pies Moore et al, luckily Cameron and Rohan came to the party. Cameron has had a touch of gastro this week I believe. It looks like your Cameron has hit his straps too, and expecting our ex cat Linc to step up from a quieter game. Selection will be interesting.

Last edited:
Do they even understand what a class action is?

Yeah I was trying to figure out how they, as fans, would be entitled to compensation lmao. If anything the “””mistake””” saved them money as they won’t spend hundreds of dollars on tickets

Put Berry straight onto Danger or GTFO!!!
How much time does Danger spend in the middle these days? He spent the entire last quarter at half back v Collingwood.

Would probably look at Dev tagging Selwood. He held him to 13 touches in 2021 which was Selwood’s (at the time) lowest disposal count in about 7-8 years.

How much time does Danger spend in the middle these days? He spent the entire last quarter at half back v Collingwood.

Would probably look at Dev tagging Selwood. He held him to 13 touches in 2021 which was Selwood’s (at the time) lowest disposal count in about 7-8 years.

As long as he’s dominating one of their key mids, I’m content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back