F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

So Netflix was following NDV around on the weekend, so should be good to see that in DTS next year

"Every team has a reserve driver. Which means that if one of the main drivers is unable to race, then the reserve driver takes their seat for that race weekend"

- Will Buxton (probably)

"Every team has a reserve driver. Which means that if one of the main drivers is unable to race, then the reserve driver takes their seat for that race weekend"

- Will Buxton (probably)
And this time Alex Albon..... was unable to drive. Whoa. - Will Buxton (definitely)

To tide us over in the 3 weeks to Singapore, the artist behind the Ferrari cut out garage has produced one for Mercedes:

4b5ag85i0jn91.jpg

How many references can you spot? Credit to

Mercedes screwed with those Ferrari mechanics in the pit stop area.
I haven’t seen the Ferrari cutaway. Is there a pasta gun? Or maybe 6……

If you click on the reddit thread and then the original poster's profile you can see it. I hope he completes a trilogy with a Red Bull cutaway.

Has anyone read a reason anywhere as to why Ricciardo was changed from mediums to hards on lap 19 while Norris remained out on the mediums until lap 35 so he could then go onto softs?

Ricciardo's fastest lap on the mediums was 1.27.22 (lap 7) while Norris's was 1.26.837 (lap 27). Ricciardo's fastest lap of the race and fastest on the hards was 1.26.603 (lap 39), Norris's fastest lap of the race and fastest on the softs was 1.24.718 (lap 43).

It doesn't make sense to me.

Has anyone read a reason anywhere as to why Ricciardo was changed from mediums to hards on lap 19 while Norris remained out on the mediums until lap 35 so he could then go onto softs?

Ricciardo's fastest lap on the mediums was 1.27.22 (lap 7) while Norris's was 1.26.837 (lap 27). Ricciardo's fastest lap of the race and fastest on the hards was 1.26.603 (lap 39), Norris's fastest lap of the race and fastest on the softs was 1.24.718 (lap 43).

they got him to back the field up to get norris out ahead so norris could look good basically even though norris binned the race off the line and danny ric playing roadblock saved it for him

They were covering off the undercut from Gasly

Alpha Tauri boxed Gasly to undercut Daniel since he couldn't pass on track despite being quicker. Gasly had a slow stop so McLaren pitted Daniel to cover the undercut.

Someone posted on Reddit the tyre deg data between Daniel and Lando and Daniel's mediums dropped off right around the time they boxed him whereas Lando's were still going strong. They probably would have had to box Daniel soon after they did anyway.

I loved Monaco growing up but I've absolutely switched to it being a s**t race track.

While the prestige is fantastic, the racing sucks.

Overtaking there used to be extremely difficult, now with the wide-boy cars it's just actually impossible. I'm hoping for 2026 we get some smaller-narrower-lighter cars, any improvement there would be good.

I loved Monaco growing up but I've absolutely switched to it being a s**t race track.

While the prestige is fantastic, the racing sucks.
One of the few races I just watch quali and don't bother with the actual race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ye

yep! i think jacques is attempting to ensure his mate gasly gets the alpine gig. noticed gasly had a ping at danny ric during the race.
Its all a bit pointless and laughable at the same time, Gasly is where he is because he wasnt as good as Danny Ric is and him getting the seat is dependant on the FIA approving Herta to get a seat without a super license which isn't going to change no matter who jumps up and down supporting gasly.

Overtaking there used to be extremely difficult, now with the wide-boy cars it's just actually impossible. I'm hoping for 2026 we get some smaller-narrower-lighter cars, any improvement there would be good.
Even though there's no where to overtake. You still have to watch the race for crashes and safety cars. The tight track always trips up someone.

jacques didn't miss danny ric

Jacques is 100% on the money.

I think Ricciardo best option might be to become Mercedes reserve driver for 2023 with the possibility he may luck into a seat in 2024 if Hamilton retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back