Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo knew from earlier this season that Lobb wanted out. Shithouse that they’re now creating issues with his exit.

This one will drag out till the end of the trade period. Yay

Freo knew from earlier this season that Lobb wanted out. Shithouse that they’re now creating issues with his exit.

Logue is a bloody good player and is from WA. They are dumb for letting him walk. Keep him and there’s no dramas.

I’m with Freo on this one provided they didn’t make any promises which I find hard to believe they would have, in fact as a supporter I would be fuming if they did that.

Lobb knew he had a contract with Freo and still has so he should not be assuming anything

Brisbane are better off targeting a forward who can stand his ground and actually deliver. Daniher is so flakey he can’t be depended upon and Charlie disappears when the heat is on.

I think their midfield is pretty good, it was their forwards who let them down big time last night.

I’m with Freo on this one provided they didn’t make any promises which I find hard to believe they would have, in fact as a supporter I would be fuming if they did that.

Lobb knew he had a contract with Freo and still has so he should not be assuming anything

Yep unless there was some verbal arrangement, i have no dramas with how fremantle are playing this. If i was in there position I'd happy to explore other potential trade options in victoria to get the most suitable trade possible.

Players have had far too much power for too long. We should be doing the exact same with Dunkley and negotiating with gold coast if he wants to be in Qld.

No one would have it written into their contract that they can leave a year early. It would have been a gentleman’s agreement based on his personal life.
Pity gentleman's agreements don't hold much weight - honestly.
The way the league is going with free agency and trading, it won't be long until these things are written into contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep unless there was some verbal arrangement, i have no dramas with how fremantle are playing this. If i was in there position I'd happy to explore other potential trade options in victoria to get the most suitable trade possible.

Players have had far too much power for too long. We should be doing the exact same with Dunkley and negotiating with gold coast if he wants to be in Qld.

I doubt they would entertain such an agreement if they have they are amateurs which they are not.

As for us Dunkley is out of contract so makes it a little more difficult but understand what you are saying

You'd be looking for new management if the out clause wasn't in the contract.

No player would have a contract with a club if they were to have out clauses.

When he went to Freo because he wanted out of GWS he signed with open eyes and knew what it encompassed

There is still the GWS PF16 stench about Lobb. Will support if he comes to us but won’t forget!
Have to be honest here this has crossed my mind.

Just glad 2016 happened the way it did to that mob.

The banner on that day said it all.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but thought a bit of positivity around here would help -

Been working at a gym in port Melbourne for the last few weeks, and every day since the season’s finished Lachie Hunter’s come in and trained his ass off for 3-4 hours a day. For a bloke in his off season after a year he might’ve wanted to forget, thought that was a seriously impressive effort

Haven’t heard anything about a prior agreement. But the fact they’ve known since early season he wanted out, and that Lobb has purchased a house in Vic and began the relocation process, to now say they won’t trade him is poor imo. It should’ve been nipped in the bud earlier, rather than Lobb getting to this stage believing he was moving to a Melbourne club.

Freo have also only now said they won’t trade him due to others moving on. That sounds like up to this point, it wasn’t where they stood on the matter. And Lobbs reaction to the media release from the club also suggests it hasn’t been their position to this point.

Freo have been on the other end of this type of situation with Cam McCarthy a few years back, so a little surprised to see them going about it similar to how GWS did.

However it plays out, it doesn’t look like Lobb will be in Freo colours next year. Hopefully it doesn’t drag on like the Dunkley shitshow currently is.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but thought a bit of positivity around here would help -

Been working at a gym in port Melbourne for the last few weeks, and every day since the season’s finished Lachie Hunter’s come in and trained his ass off for 3-4 hours a day. For a bloke in his off season after a year he might’ve wanted to forget, thought that was a seriously impressive effort

Good to know. Still our best winger when fit and firing.

Haven’t heard anything about a prior agreement. But the fact they’ve known since early season he wanted out, and that Lobb has purchased a house in Vic and began the relocation process, to now say they won’t trade him is poor imo. It should’ve been nipped in the bud earlier, rather than Lobb getting to this stage believing he was moving to a Melbourne club.

Freo have also only now said they won’t trade him due to others moving on. That sounds like up to this point, it wasn’t where they stood on the matter. And Lobbs reaction to the media release from the club also suggests it hasn’t been their position to this point.

Freo have been on the other end of this type of situation with Cam McCarthy a few years back, so a little surprised to see them going about it similar to how GWS did.

However it plays out, it doesn’t look like Lobb will be in Freo colours next year. Hopefully it doesn’t drag on like the Dunkley shitshow currently is.
Lobb is contracted and he should not assume anything. Him buying houses etc may have been seen as putting pressure on Freo.

Dunkley is out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back