Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yebach

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Other Teams
western bulldogs
Good to know. Still our best winger when fit and firing.
Agree with most of your views. Can't agree on this one though. He runs hard and that's about it. Kills our momentum more often than not by slowing down play when it's not warranted.
Good to know. Still our best winger when fit and firing.

Randomthoughts

All Australian
May 1, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If all the deals were announced early or even nominations for preferred destinations AFL trade week would have nothing to report on . They need a few big deals for “exclusives” for afl.com and co .

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bye Bye Goodbye GIF by Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Just in case anyone missed the other 4,325 identical side-on photos of him having his hair trimmed, there’s one posted today. Jesus wept…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jan 18, 2011
North Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can’t see how Brisbane gets the job done for Dunkley - he is what they need and would be good for them but they have pick 16? Is it? 16 and Payne would probably get the job done but would they do that? If not what do we get? May try to roll in Gardiner. Good player but not sure about someone at 192. I reckon this would be JRS to get over the line.

We are in the window - future picks not best - top pick and a young player with clear potential to be best 22 or later pick and established player.

At Port - pick 8 and Bergman would also get it done. Would love to get Visenti is possible as extra chips. Would prefer this.

They may try and get us to take Hayes - he is OK but has not been able to come in even when rucks are injured and they played Finlayson and Treackle instead - doesn’t speak of a guy good enough but just not getting a game behind stars. Would be a mistake.

If we can go into the draft with two first rounders and already dealt with one need we could be OK. Trade 8 and 11 for someone with 4/5 and 20ish - get Busslington (closest thing to another Naughton) or if he slips take Sheezel and then Hayes with next pick.

Or got really hard for someone like Ballard or Lukoscious from GC - with two first rounders and a could of players like JJ, Williams - Dunkley for Ballard would be better for us but don’t see Dunkley wanting to play for GC but they are developing a pretty fantastic midfield and would give them a maturity they don’t have. .

For West Coast - we all think Barrass is like finding Elvis but….team is bottoming out and not expected to seriously compete for a few years - that set of top picks would set them up for another lift. They get Busslington and two stars going forward - already have McGovern and Edwards as starting and Rhett Bazzoso would not be stupid.

Same for McKay - North would have him as a top player but 3 picks in the first round and a couple of players may be the kind of bold thing Clarkson would do. North is s**t but Clarkson will draw players - maybe Dunkley and JJ for McKay? McKay has in contending again - he is a star. North are chasing Logue.

I have said I would prefer Logue to Lobb - he nominated North but game is not down - wonder if we are even in the mix but what about second round plus JJ and Schache? Dreaming I think and probably have to use our pick 11 (risky but we need to be bold) but what are they getting from North - won’t give up number 1 for Logue so not sure?

Unless we can get an established best 22 for him - I think we lose if we lose Dunkley.

Am I dreaming?

Not sure if this is the right thread, but thought a bit of positivity around here would help -

Been working at a gym in port Melbourne for the last few weeks, and every day since the season’s finished Lachie Hunter’s come in and trained his ass off for 3-4 hours a day. For a bloke in his off season after a year he might’ve wanted to forget, thought that was a seriously impressive effort
He's always been a very good trainer. But thanks for the tip.

Dexter6

Debutant
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It'll be interesting to see what happens if Dunkley leaves (you'd think 500-600k a year) and the Lobb trade gets blocked (500k over 3 years). There'd be about a million in the cap to play with; whether that's used to keep players/front-end contracts or go after a big fish this year or next.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
It'll be interesting to see what happens if Dunkley leaves (you'd think 500-600k a year) and the Lobb trade gets blocked (500k over 3 years). There'd be about a million in the cap to play with; whether that's used to keep players/front-end contracts or go after a big fish this year or next.
Fair few important contracts coming up over the next two years so it’s not a bad problem to have.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Trade in Finn Callaghan next year. Would need to regenerate that midfield with Libba being 31 next year, Treloar 30 and Macrae 29.

hatescaptcha

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
Truganina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Lobb is furious at the denied trade request that might just make him even cheaper If they can’t mend that relationship. Skipping meetings does sounds like he’s not having a bar of Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Probably the opposite. Will make Freo more determined to not let him get his way.
Bell is a flog when Jackson confirms he will change his tune. Bell thinks he is driving up the price but Sam P won't deviate from whatever has been offered probably 29 but will be interesting to see what it ends up

Agree with most of your views. Can't agree on this one though. He runs hard and that's about it. Kills our momentum more often than not by slowing down play when it's not warranted.
I think it shows we are a better team when he plays. He has his failings but when playing well he is a net positive.

I like him as a high half forward that covers the entire ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back