NRL NRL 2022 Season - Finals Week 2

Allezjuel

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
That last try was as soft as butter. Sharkies out in straight sets here unless something pretty remarkeable happens

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Souths playing better, but they are letting them hold them down and slowing the sharks play the ball every time. Different sets of rules.

I do notice from the 2 7 tackle sets the Souths defenders are allowed to move up when the Sharks player with the ball is at the 15 well before tapping the ball at the 20.

Lucky the video ref is more competent than the muppet on the field.

Allezjuel

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Panthers v Souths next week should be lit. This will be their 4th finals meeting in the last 3 years, all games by a converted try or under:

2020 PF: Panthers 20-16

2021 QF: Souths 16-10

2021: GF Panthers 14-12

2022 PF: ?

If we get past North Queensland on Friday night, who do we want to play in the Grand Final?

Penrith who've gone 65 and 10 in the last three seasons and going for back-to-back premierships or,

Souths who have the last six against us by an average of around 30 points.

As strange as it may sound I'm going to say Penrith, at least we know we can beat them.

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
53 missed tackles by Cronulla according to channel 9. That really is unacceptable particularly for a team that finished 2nd at the end of the regular season.

Yeah.... Roosters, Penrith, Storm, Parra, Souths and Cows all better than the Sharks. Bizarre how they finished 2nd.

Souths v Penrith prelim is the real GF

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Speaking of that, Souths arguably look the 2nd best team in it from 7th right now.

agree... it was always them and roosters behind penrith yet they both finished outside top 4.

I swear the origin period *s teams and helps other teams during the regular season.

Speaking of that, Souths arguably look the 2nd best team in it from 7th right now.

Did say that I was topping Souths the other semi I wasn’t shocked it was a
Flogging Canberra only beat Melbourne

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
If we get past North Queensland on Friday night, who do we want to play in the Grand Final?

Penrith who've gone 65 and 10 in the last three seasons and going for back-to-back premierships or,

Souths who have the last six against us by an average of around 30 points.

As strange as it may sound I'm going to say Penrith, at least we know we can beat them.
It might be my Penrith bias shining through but i think it would be crazy to want to vs Penrith over anyone left in the comp.

The gap between Penrith and the rest when fit this year has been crazy, they have lost 1 game all year with anything remotely close to a full roster.

Now that is not to say they can't be upset, but i would not want to face them.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rabbitohs-Panthers is a marquee matchup, a "grand final" caliber game....but why wouldn't/couldn't Eels vs Panthers also be a "grand final" either?

Regional rivals, a physical war, and Eels have beaten Panthers this year. Plus the controversial finals game last year.

I wouldn't even rule out a Cowboys-Panthers or Cowboys-Rabbitohs as potentially close and exciting grand finals.

Not as confident an Eels-Rabbitohs would be.

It might be my Penrith bias shining through but i think it would be crazy to want to vs Penrith over anyone left in the comp.

The gap between Penrith and the rest when fit this year has been crazy, they have lost 1 game all year with anything remotely close to a full roster.

Now that is not to say they can't be upset, but i would not want to face them.
As stated we can beat Penrith, even when we aren't at full strength, we have no chance against the Bunnies.:)

Last edited:
Back