Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I’d much prefer him in the side over the other crabs we roll through his position at times and he has some really solid attributes at his best but geez he is just a ball movement killer on the wing - he can actually be really creative with his short kicks & especially his hands but he has absolutely zero confidence in his ball use for the most part and is just so bloody slow to make a decision.

I think the games moving away from wingers like him and our lack of damage through our wings is a big part of our struggles, I agree maybe a high half forward role who can push up into the contest where he’s really handy and then hopefully work his opponent over back towards goal. That would be my aim for him.

I was honestly excited about the potential of getting different sorts onto our wings when he had some time off this year - but in the end we ended up going with a mix of the likes of McComb, McNeil, Scott etc who all have all the same weaknesses as Hunter but none of the strengths. We need a combination of height, speed & long, accurate disposal. Praying Bedendo has a big preseason if we don’t address this need at the trade table.
Agree. You need absolute pace on the wings these days. It's almost going back to the 70s and 80s with running beast pacy wingers.
Flower, Barham, Greig, Turner, Shimma, Ablett, Wood. Every team had a fast winger

The most shocking thing about this is Dunkley actually doing or saying anything interesting.

There's always the videos about making beef tacos or whatever with Treloar (cooking, that's not a metaphor), giggling about visiting each others houses (also with Treloar) or discussing how much of a hard trainer he is with the home sauna...

Read all the comments on Dunkley., Looks like he is somewhere between an opinionated arsehole that dumps on his club that gave in the opportunity to be a premiership player and someone who is generally leaving to be close to his girlfriend or sister. The latter is hard to believe given he was chasing the dollars two years earlier at the bombers. He is a good player and his hardness will be missed but a player with his limited kicking skills is player short on being a topliner and is replaceable,

Just got to get the best deal we can. Question if the club knows he going why do we have to wait for him to nominate where he is going, Call his bluff and make it public by saying he has told the club he wants out next season and we aim to get the best deal possible.

Last edited:
Moore doesn't shut down an opponent though.
Incredible player in the right system, but I don't think the way we play helps him

But does anyone in that side?

Collingwood have an amazing game plan/style in many ways. They take high risk kicks constantly and often into the middle.
Largely because of this they are only 12th best at allowing I50's to their opp.

Yet 8th in scoring against and (you could argue a soft run of games but...) today was the first time they'd given up over 90 since rd. 9.

Their ability to intercept and then go quickly with smart (and skilful) kicks is amazing.

Boy, the anti - Dunks pile-on is going to age well if he happens to stay...

I won't change a thing I've said. The fact the whole circus has been drawn out and he's seemingly playing three clubs off against one another two years after saying he wanted to go to Essendon, has set my opinions in stone.

Do it once and your mates would think 'OK he wanted a better deal/fresh start, don't like it but fair enough. He's now back and going to give it his all apparently, that's good.'

Then two years later the same player tests the water again.

Trust completely gone. Playing group well within their rights to tell the player to get stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunks also said that everyone who posts on bigfooty is fat and bald/balding

This is the final straw! See ya later Josh. I'll have you know I have a full head of hair, it might be going grey at an accelerated rate due to this team but it's gloriously thick.

I am a fat bastard though, got me cold there

Read all the comments on Dunkley., Looks like he is somewhere between an opinionated arsehole that dumps on his club that gave in the opportunity to be a premiership player and someone who is generally leaving to be close to his girlfriend or sister. The latter is hard to believe given he was chasing the dollars two years earlier at the bombers. He is a good player and his hardness will be missed but a player with his limited kicking skills is player short on being a topliner and is replaceable,

Just got to get the best deal we can. Question if the club knows he going why do we have to wait for him to nominate where he is going, Call his bluff and make it public by saying he has told the club he wants out next season and we aim to get the best deal possible.
Would anyone genuinely want to move interstate to be near their sister???

I normally agree with your posts but cannot see how he stays after all this time just does not make sense.
I didn't say he's going to stay.

I just don't think it's good form to dump on the bloke until we know what's really going on.

The lynch mob is out a bit early for mine.

I didn't say he's going to stay.

I just don't think it's good form to dump on the bloke until we know what's really going on.

The lynch mob is out a bit early for mine.

I think somebody who requests a trade to another club, it doesn't happen then comes back and two years on is 'exploring options' (and let's be honest he is), I'm not sure that player should be held in the highest of regard.

I think somebody who requests a trade to another club, it doesn't happen then comes back and two years on is 'exploring options' (and let's be honest he is), I'm not sure that player should be held in the highest of regard.
Dunks is the one that's out in the public domain.

You think there's not plenty going on beneath the surface?

Last edited:
We'll be back here in 2 years for bailey Smith

Everyone should know by now that Dunkley is leaving, so hopefully that means we never need to hear anything from Andrew Dunkley (* you, irrelevant old man) again either.

I just want to know how big the clubs balls are in turning whatever trade currency we have to be aggressive and address the gaps in our list to load up for another flag tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back