Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should know by now that Dunkley is leaving, so hopefully that means we never need to hear anything from Andrew Dunkley (* you, irrelevant old man) again either.

I just want to know how big the clubs balls are in turning whatever trade currency we have to be aggressive and address the gaps in our list to load up for another flag tilt.

This is what we're dealing with from Dad.
What a spoilt brat. 🤔

For sure big money recruit that doesn't really move the needle that much for them. Port supporters will absolutely turn on him big time if they don't immediately move into the top 4
I understand the sentiment but this is defintely no true. Most Port supporters would love to see us miss finals again next year and plan for 2024. Dunkley is the perfect age to be a factor moving forward post-Hinkley and that’s probably the main factor in our thinking atm

If* he’s slagging the playing group, coaches and club then it would be pretty hypocritical to represent the club at the brownlow event. No doubt he’s got “promoting his brand” heavily on his mind.

If our club is all that bad, maybe he could give paddy Cripps a call to have a chat about going through the hard times. That bloke hasn’t even played in a single final.

I’m generally on the side of the players in these things - their career, it’s short, maximise however you like (money, opportunity) and if personal circumstances are important then fair enough.

But to do this twice, and this time around be out in the media like he has is a bit unedifying. He can’t control the media but he can reduce it slightly by not saying anything and his management the same. Probably a naive take from me but it’s not great imo.

He’s also a good player but not a great one. His kicking has improved but it’s still sub-standard for a supposedly elite midfielder, and while his contest work is very good I’d be interested to see how he goes without Bont/Macrae/Libba around him.

He must be on his way out because I don’t see how it’s tenable for him to walk back into WO after this happening again. So while he is a good player and I’ll be disappointed to lose his contributions to the side, it just needs to get done now so this circus can finish.

If* he’s slagging the playing group, coaches and club then it would be pretty hypocritical to represent the club at the brownlow event. No doubt he’s got “promoting his brand” heavily on his mind.

If our club is all that bad, maybe he could give paddy Cripps a call to have a chat about going through the hard times. That bloke hasn’t even played in a single final.
If is a big word, isn't it?

''If...No doubt...''?

Hmmm.

I’m with Freo on this one provided they didn’t make any promises which I find hard to believe they would have, in fact as a supporter I would be fuming if they did that.

Lobb knew he had a contract with Freo and still has so he should not be assuming anything
Exactly, I get people being biased, and that’s great, but people went off their chops when Dunkley wanted to walk on his contract (fair enough). Now he has seen out the contract, he, and his girlfriend, and family are apparently still fair game for wanting to leave, but Bell is a douche for saying Lobb has a contract.

I still think we’ll get Lobb, probably not for cheap. The deal will probably come down to other factors surrounding other trades etc.

If Power did the same, we’d be calling him a beast.

Exactly, I get people being biased, and that’s great, but people went off their chops when Dunkley wanted to walk on his contract (fair enough). Now he has seen out the contract, he, and his girlfriend, and family are apparently still fair game for wanting to leave, but Bell is a douche for saying Lobb has a contract.

I still think we’ll get Lobb, probably not for cheap. The deal will probably come down to other factors surrounding other trades etc.

If Power did the same, we’d be calling him a beast.
Overpaying for Lobb will be a disaster. I really didn’t like his agents comments that giving up Lobb could help get them Jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to develop Darcy forward and use the draft to shore up our defence. Yes we might not see an immediate impact next year but we will be better placed in a few years time for sustained success.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Happy to develop Darcy forward and use the draft to shore up our defence. Yes we might not see an immediate impact next year but we will be better placed in a few years time for sustained success.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s hard to see where he fits in we get Lobb. If you move Naughton back, a forward line of Lobb, Darcy and Marra would apply very little pressure.

I suspect next year he might play an intercepting 3rd defender role with Jones/ Keath/ Gardner fighting over the other 2 key defender spots

Of course ''we'' are.

And therein lies the problem.

You said a lot of people will look silly if he stays, which he almost certainly won’t. Mike only said there is no chance of him staying. You are now trying to somehow change your story to something only you understand. Take the L and move on.

I look at Dunks and try to compare him in value to the team to the equivalent past players...
He's not at the level of a Tony McGuiness when he left for Adelaide, He's definitely not at the level of a Nathan Brown who left for Richmond - that really hurt, He's probably more at the level of a Callan Ward who left for GWS and that is probably being generous to Dunks...
Take the best pick available in a trade and move on. SP will turn this into a win for us. It's time to spread our talent base to the pointy ends of the ground and this is an opportunity to do that and all the moves the club is making suggest that is the aim. Exciting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back