Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s a sound bite only
There could be pressure via ambulance union for expanded practice to minimise some transfers (is more relevant in country areas due to distance and often burden of arranging discharge transport when there’s no family/ non ambulant patient) And it’s now rare to find a GP who home visits (non existent in northern and northwest suburbs).
However the AV (regular paramedics) can currently contact the statewide virtual ED to discuss the patient with a doctor and the doctor can observe patient via video call, so I’m not clear as to the added benefit of expanded practice. GreyWind can you comment
There's nothing set in stone yet as we'll need to go through APHRA to see what our scope of practice will be but the idea is to ease transfers from UCCs and homes in rural locations. Hopefully there will be an expansion of medications to be administered by the PP, prescription rights, wound care, catheter care, sutures, hell if they could take xrays that would be great as well.

Having worked rural for 2.5 years it's a great initiative as I've had to take people into Melbourne for treatment that the UCC should have been able to provide but can't for whatever reason. This then creates a 6 hour turnaround until we could return to the area, the next closest ambulance is 20 minutes away and after that it's an hour. From what I know I don't expect this to really have a massive impact on metro work.

It's a bit silly to throw money at things where money wont fix things. Free HECS for nursing - what's the catch? You'll be severely overworked and underappreciated because we've let it rip due to it being an election year. Why not spend some of that money for existing staff to keep them in the job? There have been so many calls on talkback about HCW's hating conditions and leaving the job they love. The HECS thing is stupid because they wont be able to work until a few years time once they're educated and trained up.

It'd be easier to work as a dish pig, my friend owns a restaurant who is having staffing issues like everyone else and says that dish pigs are getting paid $40 an hr.

Would voting Dan make any difference to how the party works though.

Most people know my opinions on politicians and my general dislike for all of them, and i keep hearing how Guy would be no better, how do we know he won't based on a mistake he made many years ago, Dan has made plenty, if you treat him to the same standards people are expecting Guy to uphold, then why aren't those who follow Labor pushing for Dan to go.

As it stands it doesn't really matter who gets in, they all treat their constituents with contempt and only really care what they can get out of it, more independents are the go for me to at least try and keep them honest when it comes to passing laws.

matthewguy@hotmail.com saga was only a few months ago and he doubled down on that with horrific interviews. And last week he referenced King Arthur when paying tribute to the Queen. He, along with the other Lib degenerates are career grifters.

If Labor had the same polling numbers as the Libs I think Dan would've been pushed out by now.

You are right that independents are the only way to go in keeping the 2 main cult parties as accountable as possible.

There's nothing set in stone yet as we'll need to go through APHRA to see what our scope of practice will be but the idea is to ease transfers from UCCs and homes in rural locations. Hopefully there will be an expansion of medications to be administered by the PP, prescription rights, wound care, catheter care, sutures, hell if they could take xrays that would be great as well.

Having worked rural for 2.5 years it's a great initiative as I've had to take people into Melbourne for treatment that the UCC should have been able to provide but can't for whatever reason. This then creates a 6 hour turnaround until we could return to the area, the next closest ambulance is 20 minutes away and after that it's an hour. From what I know I don't expect this to really have a massive impact on metro work.
So could be impact (positively) on the outer metro hospital which would otherwise receive the same patient

It's a bit silly to throw money at things where money wont fix things. Free HECS for nursing - what's the catch? You'll be severely overworked and underappreciated because we've let it rip due to it being an election year. Why not spend some of that money for existing staff to keep them in the job? There have been so many calls on talkback about HCW's hating conditions and leaving the job they love. The HECS thing is stupid because they wont be able to work until a few years time once they're educated and trained up.

It'd be easier to work as a dish pig, my friend owns a restaurant who is having staffing issues like everyone else and says that dish pigs are getting paid $40 an hr.

We’re still going with “let it rip”?

Wowser.

So could be impact (positively) on the outer metro hospital which would otherwise receive the same patient
I could see some positive impact on TNH hopefully not receiving that patient from around Wallan and Kilmore area with potential from Seymour as well.

I could see some positive impact on TNH hopefully not receiving that patient from around Wallan and Kilmore area with potential from Seymour as well.
Seymour does tend to have more NPs who have the extended practice but yes this is lacking in Kilmore (reliant on GP availability- they have the skills just not consistent cover from what I’ve seen)

Seymour does tend to have more NPs who have the extended practice but yes this is lacking in Kilmore (reliant on GP availability- they have the skills just not consistent cover from what I’ve seen)
GP availability seems to be the big one from my experiences, then a lot of the time UCCs are using MyEDDoc and my experiences with this system have mostly been negative.

It might also help with retention and career progression with AV as well. As career progression is quite limited at this stage.

GP availability seems to be the big one from my experiences, then a lot of the time UCCs are using MyEDDoc and my experiences with this system have mostly been negative.

It might also help with retention and career progression with AV as well. As career progression is quite limited at this stage.
I know that Seymour and Kilmore are using the statewide VED service (basically a state run competitor to MyEDDoc but with access to local TNH resources, in particular to patients who are well known to our service)

It's probably easy for me to ignore the so called flaws and hubris of Andrews, cause the opposition party and its leaders have been a rudderless rabble pretty much ever since the vic ALP came to power under Dan The Man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also the politics of changing the Frankston line to go direct to Flinders st
For all the moaning about that it's just a temporary thing.
Day 1 metro the Frankston line goes back to the Caulfield Loop and the Sandringham line takes over the cross city trains

For all the moaning about that it's just a temporary thing.
Day 1 metro the Frankston line goes back to the Caulfield Loop and the Sandringham line takes over the cross city trains
I mean that the Frankston line was meant to have a timetable change years ago, to skip the loop.
Meaning people would have to change at Richmond.
Because the loop was not meant to be used for every single train line.
But Andrew's cancelled the change because it was politically unpopular with the commuters on that line

I mean that the Frankston line was meant to have a timetable change years ago, to skip the loop.
Meaning people would have to change at Richmond.
Because the loop was not meant to be used for every single train line.
But Andrew's cancelled the change because it was politically unpopular with the commuters on that line
Actually he didn't. Every single Frankston train now goes direct to Flinders Street and forms a Werribee/Williamstown/Laverton and vice versa.
That change occurred with the Jan 2021 timetable change.
There was a bunch of other changes as well. Namely no SHM via the loop on weekends and the CFD loop anti clockwise all day and non stopping at some of the MATH stations PKM/CBE.

Some of it driven by the HCMT fleet

Last edited:
Actually he didn't. Every single Frankston train now goes direct to Flinders Street and forms a Werribee/Williamstown/Laverton and vice versa.
That change occurred with the Jan 2021 timetable change.
There was a bunch of other changes as well. Namely no SHM via the loop on weekends and the CFD loop anti clockwise all day and non stopping at some of the MATH stations PKM/CBE.

Some of it driven by the HCMT fleet
It was meant to happen way before covid though

It was meant to happen way before covid though
There was a half arsed job in the timetables before where all but about 28 trains were direct. In peak but kept them in the loop on weekends.

Operationally it's made more sense to keep the Cross City and Caulfield group separate
It's not like they can swap trains these days anyway.
Today alone there's 1 non HCMT running on the PKM/CBE line

So where are the “anti woke anti PC why are you erasing our history” types that the ALP is now proposing to erase our history by renaming this hospital from it’s indigenous Australian name to be named after a foreigner?
Who cares, I'm happy that the 1970's hospital is getting rebuilt with a much bigger emergency dept and 200 extra beds. They can argue about the name later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back