Game Day brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, if you want to differentiate between Christensen as the leader/officiator of the tribunal system, and the tribunal system itself, then ok, I'll take the point. I will argue that in my opinion, Christensen has as the leader of the tribunal has failed to be consistent and reliable with his decision making under that leadership position.

No one is disagreeing Christian and the MRP is incompetent but he originally banned Cripps.

I STILL BLAME WILL BRODIE

Also FYI. Hehe.

The lowest club total since the 3,2,1 system.

WEST COAST EAGLES​

NameVotes
Josh Kennedy6
Tim Kelly*3
Jack Darling2
Jeremy McGovern2
Andrew Gaff1
Willie Rioli1
And their most was a forward. Who retired.

Hahahahahahaha

He's not the boss of anything.

He's in that positron because he's a compliant moron who does as he's told.

The tribunal and the appeal panel do not report to him, they report direct to the AFL. The MRP is just the first step in the process not the entire process.
The MRP is the overarching component of the process.

The MRP has continually proven to be unreliable.

It shouldn't be up to a club and their willingness to risk take with a coinflip, to achieve justice.

The MRP should be consistently accurate with their decisions, or be replaced

Which is why, in my mind, the brownlow medal isn't as prestigious as the MVP. Would Lachie have won a brownlow at Freo? Probably not since there are other mids (i.e. Fyfe) who would take votes away. I know this is sacrilege to say, but part of the reason Fyfe was able to win two was because the lack of any other dominant mids on the team. Don't get me wrong, it's a great honor to win and the players who win are outstanding, but you're chances of winning go down the better your teammates are (in some sense). You need to be a top mid with good, but not great, talent around you. Look how Oliver and Petrraca split votes. I personally think the MVP is the award that should be celebrated.
Exactly.

I mean take Priddis, I liked him and it was nice to see him rewarded for his hard work but let's be real, when he won it he was probably about the 30th best player in the comp. The bloke almost looked slightly embarrassed when accepted the thing.

Hey, pal. He's the boss of the tribunal system. Prove me otherwise, or sit down, please.

Sole MRP officer.

That will do.

For starters, Andrew Dillon's title is Executive General Manager Football Operations, Legal & Integrity. Ultimately, the legal part of his title means he is in charge of the whole process. Also, under the role of the MRO (which is Michael Christian's only named role), there is nothing in the guidelines saying he is in charge of anything other than an initial verdict which is also something Andrew Dillon is a part of. 2.1 B in the Tribunal Guidelines: "Following review of each report or referral, the MRO in conjunction with the AFL Executive General Manager Football Operations will determine whether the Player is to be charged with a Reportable Offence and, if so, the appropriate type of Reportable Offence." That is his only role.

Once it goes past Christian, the only people that have anything to do with any appeal process are lawyers which Michael Christian is not. The tribunal committee are all QCs. Andrew Dillon is in charge of the whole process because he is also a lawyer.

Read official AFL Tribunal Guidelines document, champ, before spouting absolute crap that is clearly wrong.

He's not the boss of anything.

He's in that positron because he's a compliant moron who does as he's told.

The tribunal and the appeal panel do not report to him, they report direct to the AFL. The MRP is just the first step in the process not the entire process.
He's the preeminent decision maker in the process. He first and foremost makes the decisions, nobody else. The subsequent decisions and discussions after the ones he make are of a legal nature surrounding his decision, and the legitimacy of his decisions.

He is the big dog. Any subsequent decisions after his, are ancilliary or otherwise to his original decision.

I appreciate your input and argument, but I'm not interested in arguing semantics.

I hated the idea at the end of the night but kinda warmed towards Neale after he mentioned spending the night with andy, and giving fyfe a phone call at 1am. I always assumed he still hated fyfe tbh.

its time to drop the "fairest" from the brownlow

Need to accept that missing games and voting chances are the punishment, means we won't have any corruption like Cripps getting off, instead he misses the games and is still eligible but isn't able to play and gain the votes he needed to win

Yeah, I reckon keep the ineligibility for behind the play dog acts, but for football incidents just let it go.

Would solve this silly dance that comes up everytime one of the favourites gets in trouble for a slightly mistimed tackle or bump.

For starters, Andrew Dillon's title is Executive General Manager Football Operations, Legal & Integrity. Ultimately, the legal part of his title means he is in charge of the whole process. Also, under the role of the MRO (which is Michael Christian's only named role), there is nothing in the guidelines saying he is in charge of anything other than an initial verdict which is also something Andrew Dillon is a part of. 2.1 B in the Tribunal Guidelines: "Following review of each report or referral, the MRO in conjunction with the AFL Executive General Manager Football Operations will determine whether the Player is to be charged with a Reportable Offence and, if so, the appropriate type of Reportable Offence." That is his only role.

Once it goes past Christian, the only people that have anything to do with any appeal process are lawyers which Michael Christian is not. The tribunal committee are all QCs. Andrew Dillon is in charge of the whole process because he is also a lawyer.

Read official AFL Tribunal Guidelines document, champ, before spouting absolute crap that is clearly wrong.
Which part are you arguing with champ?It appears you're somewhat in agreement

Yeah, I reckon keep the ineligibility for behind the play dog acts, but for football incidents just let it go.

Would solve this silly dance that comes up everytime one of the favourites gets in trouble for a slightly mistimed tackle or bump.
behind the play dog acts should get 6 weeks and effectively rule a player out anyway

time to just implement the rule change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez you come across as argumentative and smug. No wonder you like Cripps.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Got anything to contribute to the discussion, besides nonsense attacks? If you're triggered by my personality pal, it's on you to suck up those tears.I'm not a snowflake apologist.

And just to confirm how inaccurate your calls are, no, I'm not a Crippa fanboy, and have said so in this thread.

Try again, son.

Last edited:
Neale never hated Fyfe
That's what was always said, that they were close, Fyfe was at his wedding etc. But I'll never forget the 2020 brownlow where Fyfe was going on in admiration of Neale, talking about how close they were etc. and Neale never gave him any acknowledgement or even a smile.

Chill out guys Cripps was a chance to win from the start of the night. The league’s not corrupt it’s incompetent, learn the difference they are often confused.
Overruling Cripps suspension was corruption .
Vic overlords wanted Carlton in finals
Carlton were so s**t they couldn’t even let themselves get carried

The MRP is the overarching component of the process.

The MRP has continually proven to be unreliable.

It shouldn't be up to a club and their willingness to risk take with a coinflip, to achieve justice.

The MRP should be consistently accurate with their decisions, or be replaced
He just isn't. He's a minor cog and has zero control over anything

West Coast total votes 12 Lowest in AFL history .
Sorry 15 still lowest , Josh Kennedy highest scorer , They call it a midfielders medal but 10 votes came from KPP's in West Coast's case , And a scathing 5 votes from their midfield , it has to be a record.

This competition has been a farce for a Very LONG time. Those tasked with officiating the game can't do that competently, nor can those selected to compile the rules. Then we have the corrupt MRP, the Grand Final being played solely at the MCG, a farcical goal review system..need I go on?
It's an entertainment business, not a fair and equitable sporting body.

Once you understand that about the AFL, it all makes perfect sense.

He just isn't. He's a minor cog and has zero control over anything
Ok. Happy to agree to disagree.

Not a hugely important argument to me to argue over how biased this guys decision making is, or if he's the overall major decision maker with regards to tribunal decisions.

I'll pick my battles and save some ammo for the fanboys 😁. Murder some chimps later hey.

Thanks for your opinion and your willingness to fight for it. You're mors worthy of respect than the snowflakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back