Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please, balance that out with:

Isaac Heeney
Callum Mills
Nick Blakey
Sam Naismith
Sam Wicks
Braeden Campbell
Errol Gulden
and 2 or 3 others

All through the Sydney academy.

Meanwhile we get one high draft pick through our academy system and the whole thing gets practically scrapped!
Yes the Bulldog victimhood has to shine through somehow. Never mind we get Darcy, Ugle-Hagan and West, along with a few other Father-Son picks over the last 10 years.

The point being clubs can regenerate quickly if they do things correctly. Perhaps the Swans is a bad example but whatever.

How many times does a player nominate a club, and not actually end up there? Dunkley 2 years ago, and...? Very rare.
Lobb last year to GWS, Bobby Hill last year to Essendon.

Lobb last year to GWS, Bobby Hill last year to Essendon.

Hill has nominated Collingwood this year. Annoying as all * as he’s the type of player we are crying out for and we should have been at the front of the queue

We Trade Dunkley + 29 + 37 for 15 + McStay Compo (20ish) + Future 1st (15ish) Essentially Dunkley for 15 and upgrading a 2nd and a 3rd to a 1st
That theory isn’t bad, although I’d be surprised if Power didn’t want something higher immediately, hence why a Lions player comes back.

That theory isn’t bad, although I’d be surprised if Power didn’t want something higher immediately, hence why a Lions player comes back.
Values him at pick 10 which is on the money for mine potentially get a steak knives player added

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Values him at pick 10 which is on the money for mine potentially get a steak knives player added
Yeah, it’s always very speculative valuing a good player leaving (on good coin) to draft capital.

Pick 10 is about minimum I’d suspect, I just think it’ll be much easier to get a player and then work in the rest.

Obviously, it depends on needing someone to come home/want a trade, but I’d be flabbergasted if this wasn’t Power’s first option.

Yeah, it’s always very speculative valuing a good player leaving (on good coin) to draft capital.

Pick 10 is about minimum I’d suspect, I just think it’ll be much easier to get a player and then work in the rest.

Obviously, it depends on needing someone to come home/want a trade, but I’d be flabbergasted if this wasn’t Power’s first option.
We won't get a decent player and are actually in a decent spot with their picks being irrelevant to them. We should end up with 3 top 20ish picks this year and 2 top 18 picks next year which means we have the flexibility to trade up for someone we want or can sit back and get 5 very good level players which can help us plug our KPP holes and small forward hole

When I find myself missing Dunks at least I can always go back and read some of the words of the man himself, and reminisce about the good times. Like from here.. The Dunkley Diaries: New website, homemade sushi, corona testing and footy's coming back!

"We then started cleaning up and disinfected the gym equipment and tidied up everything. When I clean up I like to do it properly"

Me too, Dunks, me too.

"Whilst answering a few JKLD emails I managed to cook dinner. Once dinner was completed and everything was washed up, I then headed upstairs again to play Fortnite with a cup of tea and choc chip cookie, which Lara had made. Lara had been baking"

mmm cookies. It's like I'm sitting right there with him!

We Trade Dunkley + 29 + 37 for 15 + McStay Compo (20ish) + Future 1st (15ish) Essentially Dunkley for 15 and upgrading a 2nd and a 3rd to a 1st
I like this. Before making this trade, surely we trade out 29 and 37 to a 3rd party for more lower picks just to beef up the points pot for Lions.

2 firsts and McStay compo gives 5 picks inside 20 over 2 years ( including the 2 we already have) which would be a great look at higher end talent.

North Melbourne will be granted two additional draft picks as part of their special assistance compensation from the AFL.

The Age is reporting that the Roos will receive a 2023 second round pick and a 2023 third rounder from the AFL – though these picks both must be traded.

The picks seemingly must also be traded for players. If the picks are not traded this year, they will cease to exist. The Kangaroos will also receive an additional two slots on their rookie list, to allow them more resources to target young and mature talent.

Western Bulldogs expected to target two first-round picks for Josh Dunkley, who today requested to be traded to Brisbane. Lions have father-son pair coming and points are a factor but there are ways to do deals.

I like this. Before making this trade, surely we trade out 29 and 37 to a 3rd party for more lower picks just to beef up the points pot for Lions.

2 firsts and McStay compo gives 5 picks inside 20 over 2 years ( including the 2 we already have) which would be a great look at higher end talent.
Spot on gets them points which is all they care about and gets us a nice young crop coming through with Naughts Baz Flea Marra and Darcy

We won't get a decent player and are actually in a decent spot with their picks being irrelevant to them. We should end up with 3 top 20ish picks this year and 2 top 18 picks next year which means we have the flexibility to trade up for someone we want or can sit back and get 5 very good level players which can help us plug our KPP holes and small forward hole
There’s absolutely no way of knowing that yet, but that’s what Power will be working out. I’m positive that’s his first preference.

Again, there’s nothing high in that proposal…we’re not the ones trying to bring in Dunkley.

I think your idea adds up in a lot, but it’ll be the least preferred option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back