Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will help us develop our midfield better imo as we will have to unearth a few different options to rotate through as well as get us some more talent at the top end of the draft
First team meeting of next season....Bevo (has put on a few Kegs over the off season) addressing the group about mid time...Robbie McComb sensing his opportunity....

Just totally unrealistic unfortunately.
I love when people come up with ridiculously over the top trades and then complain when everyone points out that they’ll never happen and they then try and insult you for their stupidity. If we are to get 3 firsts it will have to include our future 2nd and 29 and 37 Gardiner can still be potentially a FA pick up but wouldn’t be included in the trade

I think we should just bank draft picks and look to the future. I can't see this list winning a flag with the current defenders we have but it's well set up to have a crack in the near future when Darcy and Jamarra have matured a bit + English fully developing.
I think we should just bank draft picks and look to the future. I can't see this list winning a flag with the current defenders we have but it's well set up to have a crack in the near future when Darcy and Jamarra have matured a bit + English fully developing.
Naughton Darcy Flea Smith JUH Richards are already or looking like top liners West Garcia Buku all showing promise if we can add in 4/5 top 25 picks over 2 years we will be insanely good with an ageing Bont leading the way

I love when people come up with ridiculously over the top trades and then complain when everyone points out that they’ll never happen and they then try and insult you for their stupidity. If we are to get 3 firsts it will have to include our future 2nd and 29 and 37 Gardiner can still be potentially a FA pick up but wouldn’t be included in the trade
Do you think asking for Brisbanes 1st this year & next is ridiculously over the top? My proposal is more in their favour than that…

Using this years ladder as a reference, your proposal values him at pick 12, glad ya not list manager.

When did I ever include Gardiner in the trade 🤦‍♂️ We’d be overpaying him to generate a better asset for Brisbane to get Dunkley over the line, it’s really not that hard to understand my man

Why would Brisbane want a future 2nd? They need points for this year.

3 first rounders for Dunkley won't happen.

Some people have a limited understanding of selfishness.
He's a defensive midfielder. He does the defensive stuff because that's how he plays. This does not preclude him playing selfishly.

Elaborate on this a bit. From my viewpoint Dunkley never pulled out of a contest, often smothered the ball and was the clubs best tackler.

In what way was he playing selfishly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent article on the Herald Sun going with us likely having to cop Brisbane’s 2023 1st round and their 2022 2nd round (mid in 30s.

That’s not ideal but I agree that we’ll prob need to accept that.

Also going with pick 29 for Lobb.
Can someone plz copy and paste.

I need something to cry myself to sleep too.

Gardeners a FA, and in my proposal we’d be paying massive overs for him (700k/2, then extend for a further 2 at 300k = 500k/4) to generate the end of first round which otherwise doesn’t exist for them.

Then getting that pick (say ~20) + 15 & ‘23 first rounder, for 29 & 37 = a points differential of 1900 which values him at around pick 5, but when you take into account that pick 20 doesn’t exist without us overpaying Gardiner, + one picks a future first rounder of a flag contender (is worth less than the equivalent this year) it’s pretty close to spot on in value.

It’s literally less than just 15 + 15 (ie first this year & next)

Can find them a few more points if need be (ie future 3rd etc)
Ah I thought the 19 was McStay compo. I thought the afl shut those kind of deals down.

A fairly pessimistic friend of mine has just messaged to tell me this is 2014 all over again!

Says Dunkley, Hunter and JJ are Griffen, Cooney and Higgins, and he's waiting for Bevo to announce his resignation.
On the plus side, he thinks that means McCluggage will then ask to be traded to us. o_O

On that basis, we will win a flag in 2024 - but will it be McLean or Richards who jumps on JUH's back after the "stadium holds its breath"(again)?!
Doe that mean we should get a new coach as well?

Naughton Darcy Flea Smith JUH Richards are already or looking like top liners West Garcia Buku all showing promise if we can add in 4/5 top 25 picks over 2 years we will be insanely good with an ageing Bont leading the way

I'd rather we maximised the prime of Bont and Macrae while Libba still has good footy in him, but I take your point.

Add Macrae (who'll play until he's mid-late 30s, and my guess is doesn't drop off too much in the coming 3-5 years), plus Dale and there's the core of a potentially very good team there in the medium-term. Haven't included English because I don't think he'll be here anyway, but we'll get something back for him that might be useful too.

I think dunks was patchy but solid in the first half of the year. Numbers good but impact meh. But he did conveniently come home with a wet sail.

He has been a frustrating guy to support. Injuries, sometimes was just there and not physically imposing enough on the match, pretty limited player with the ball. And asked out twice. No charisma either.

Can’t begrudge a good contract.

If we make the best of this it could work out very well.

Bont will be a good Brownlow tip next year

They can still turn a future 2nd into points for this year, why is everyone expecting us to do the ground work
They can still turn a future 2nd into points for this year, why is everyone expecting us to do the ground work

It makes far greater sense for Brisbane to part with two first rounders for Dunkley and trade the 3rd 1st rounder for a bunch of picks from the Gold Coast for points.

Decent article on the Herald Sun going with us likely having to cop Brisbane’s 2023 1st round and their 2022 2nd round (mid in 30s.

That’s not ideal but I agree that we’ll prob need to accept that.

Also going with pick 29 for Lobb.
This would be a disaster. What are they doing with this years first in this scenario?

Bevo: This is ok. We can cover the loss of Dunkley with McComb, Scott and McNeil.

I hope Sammy Power has that trio tied to long term contracts . Now that Dunks has left Essendon are bound to smell the blood in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back