Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if there's no competition. As bad as Dan's government has been over the past few years, the opposition is probably worse.

You could argue that a reduced primary vote for the ALP would be evidence for my position. That's what I'm expecting.

You COULD argue that, but that would be in bad faith to suggest you can use it as “evidence” for backlash against Andrews when he was so dominant in 2018. Andrews could’ve had the best 4 years in the history of Victoria and still see a decrease the Labor first preference vote in 2022

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
You COULD argue that, but that would be in bad faith to suggest you can use it as “evidence” for backlash against Andrews when he was so dominant in 2018. Andrews could’ve had the best 4 years in the history of Victoria and still see a decrease the Labor first preference vote in 2022
I'd bet good money there'll be a decrease on first preference votes for the ALP. They got 42% 1st Pref last election, the ALP/LNP Haven't scored that high since 99, when they both got ~42%. Since then, it's mostly been sub 40% first pref for the major parties.

I think Andrews has probably peaked. But I think the LNP have also got worse (and their polling reflects this for 2 decades). So maybe a third party will pick up a few of the ALP 1st prefs, but it won't change the outcome.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
No they don’t actually
Please expand, as far as I can see there is a recruitment program going on as well as free tafe and uni for nurses
Here is one example

Please expand, as far as I can see there is a recruitment program going on as well as free tafe and uni for nurses
Here is one example
Sure there are programs to try and get people to pick nursing as a profession. What are they doing to keep existing ones there or stop them going to hospitals of less need

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sure there are programs to try and get people to pick nursing as a profession. What are they doing to keep existing ones there or stop them going to hospitals of less need
I would have thought that upgrading facilities would help, I remember the staff at Box Hill hospital were rapt with the new working conditions in comparison to the old hospital
Anyway i hope more help is coming

I would have thought that upgrading facilities would help, I remember the staff at Box Hill hospital were rapt with the new working conditions in comparison to the old hospital
Anyway i hope more help is coming
Have heard that the announcement today re northern expansion is still really thought bubble stage. The proposed area currently has existing staff that need relocation first

That is support staff (important ones like IT and interpreter services)

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So where are the “anti woke anti PC why are you erasing our history” types that the ALP is now proposing to erase our history by renaming this hospital from it’s indigenous Australian name to be named after a foreigner?

Yeah, not a fan of this renaming malarkey from Dan to be honest. If Dan gotta rename something why not rename

(joke answer) newly-landscaped hospital gardens after her?

or

(serious answer) the block of public toilets at Croydon Station after her? Dan could even ask The Majesty's official Groom of the Stool (wiper by Royal Appointment to the Regal Arse) to officiate at such a joyous occasion.

Seriously Dan. For f*ck's sake. Just pull your head in and yes, dare I say it. Get on the beers. Don't make me start waving a red ensign about the place.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Have heard that the announcement today re northern expansion is still really thought bubble stage. The proposed area currently has existing staff that need relocation first

That is support staff (important ones like IT and interpreter services)
At least its relocation and not termination

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
don't think the average joe or jill gives a rats tossbag about the name. it's the facility that resonates.
its a classic example of virtue signalling that conservatives (and the far right) bang on about when criticising their opponents

given the good he's done advancing work on treaty and truth telling, it just beggars belief he would do this .... that said, youre probably right, this likely wont register on most peoples minds .... even tho it should

Last edited:

tommyginger

Rookie
Aug 24, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
don't think the average joe or jill gives a rats tossbag about the name. it's the facility that resonates.
so true ,no one gives a rats what a hospital is called , as long as they can attend for treatment , only those few special people would arc up, its plain weird

Dan has not covered himself in glory with the Maroondah hospital renaming but he has shown how he acts when questioned is the same regardless of the question or who is asking it

s**t effort

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
so true ,no one gives a rats what a hospital is called , as long as they can attend for treatment , only those few special people would arc up, its plain weird

I did see someone the other day say they and other First Nations people will no longer feel safe going to hospital there under the new name…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back