Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
steve buscemi film GIF

Oh * I think I need to watch that movie again, must have been five years

I wasn't even slightly interested in the funeral but seeing bits of the old English ceremonial stuff I got kind of sentimental for it. The quaintness of it and the history are nice. You don't want to lose that identity either. As a country without much modern history it's kind of attractive. Perhaps you could have the monarchy as a figurehead and keep the traditions. The Danish don't seem to be held back by their monarchy.

We don't get anything out of being part of it though. We should be a republic.
Check this bloke out Dard Ball Get...quaintness he reckons

I wasn't even slightly interested in the funeral but seeing bits of the old English ceremonial stuff I got kind of sentimental for it. The quaintness of it and the history are nice. You don't want to lose that identity either. As a country without much modern history it's kind of attractive. Perhaps you could have the monarchy as a figurehead and keep the traditions. The Danish don't seem to be held back by their monarchy.

We don't get anything out of being part of it though. We should be a republic.
It's pretty interesting when they say the last time a King/Queen had their funeral in Westminster Abbey was in 1760. 10 years before Captain Cook landed on this continent. And then you have Oxford University which is apparently 926 years old.
I'm really jealous of the countries that have that kind of written history.

It's pretty interesting when they say the last time a King/Queen had their funeral in Westminster Abbey was in 1760. 10 years before Captain Cook landed on this continent. And then you have Oxford University which is apparently 926 years old.
I'm really jealous of the countries that have that kind of written history.
It’s a love/hate thing for me.
I love the grandeur and history as you say, around places like Oxford.
And then I also detest what goes on in a lot of those institutions and the little cretins they can produce.

A mate of mine just received his Doctorate (alongside Kevin Rudd) from Oxford, that’s pretty cool.

I could beat him up though 😎

It’s a love/hate thing for me.
I love the grandeur and history as you say, around places like Oxford.
And then I also detest what goes on in a lot of those institutions and the little cretins they can produce.

A mate of mine just received his Doctorate (alongside Kevin Rudd) from Oxford, that’s pretty cool.

I could beat him up though 😎
You would struggle to beat an egg lady hands

Never watched entourage,

Everytime I saw the shorts I thought my time was just too valuable and spent more time on bigfooty
🤔
I enjoyed it more than I should have. It's like Harry Potter, but for men. It's the escape fantasy. Instead of going to Hogwarts and doing your homework and getting straight A's, you go to Hollywood and sleep with hot babes and do cool deals with your buds.

Tbh the amount of tv I watch nowadays is exceptional low

Watch the saints guys and girls and not much else anymore
So far behind on older series i used to watch i would have to watch series recaps to catch up before jumping back in

Not enough hrs in the day imo
Should be a 37 HR day
7 hours for sleeping 8 to 10 for work that leaves 20 hrs which could nicely be spread over all other interests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh the amount of tv I watch nowadays is exceptional low

Watch the saints guys and girls and not much else anymore
So far behind on older series i used to watch i would have to watch series recaps to catch up before jumping back in

Not enough hrs in the day imo
Should be a 37 HR day
7 hours for sleeping 8 to 10 for work that leaves 20 hrs which could nicely be spread over all other interests.
8 to 10 hours for work? F&&k that 5 to 6 hours four days a week is plenty

8 to 10 hours for work? F&&k that 5 to 6 hours four days a week is plenty

Yeah, I hate working, I'd rather be poor than spend my life working hard. Heaps of mates work 12 hours days these days, I couldn't be ****ed.

Just caught up with a guy I used to be in a band with many years ago. What a trip. He insisted we meet at maccas. He's 45... retired... owns 7 houses... and the biggest tight ar*e i've ever met. Complaining about the price of hash browns lmao. All he does is travel around the country with his hot Korean wife towing a caravan and living in it, or house sitting. Never had a job that earned more than 50k a year. Just smart with his money, but f*ck me, he's obsessed with how much things cost. Told me his Dad died and he had to drive to Goulburn for the funeral and petrol was $2.30 something!!! He said timing couldn't have been worse. I was losing it :tearsofjoy:

Hellova musician though.. or at least he used to be.

I love eccentric people. They make life interesting.

Apparently, there was a minute's silence at 11am today for the queen.

Pretty sure I was singing along to talking heads 20 minutes ago, should I expect to be smited from above as punishment this afternoon?
I was watching severed heads so I think we're both destined to burn in hell for eternity

Just caught up with a guy I used to be in a band with many years ago. What a trip. He insisted we meet at maccas. He's 45... retired... owns 7 houses... and the biggest tight ar*e i've ever met. Complaining about the price of hash browns lmao. All he does is travel around the country with his hot Korean wife towing a caravan and living in it, or house sitting. Never had a job that earned more than 50k a year. Just smart with his money, but f*ck me, he's obsessed with how much things cost. Told me his Dad died and he had to drive to Goulburn for the funeral and petrol was $2.30 something!!! He said timing couldn't have been worse. I was losing it :tearsofjoy:

Hellova musician though.. or at least he used to be.

I love eccentric people. They make life interesting.
Being in a band and owning 7 houses? Somethings not adding up !! 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back