Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just do what needs to be done for Ben King 2024!

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Why?

If we got Norths next years draft concessions for Clark I'd be rapt. You'd assume North will finish last next year and their draft concessions are for the Pick immediately following their normal draft pick so that's Pick 20 & 40 which equates to Pick 11 for Clark.

Where do I sign!!!!
Points are a poor way to judge a trade unless the points are required for F/S or Academy.
Even best case scenario pick 11 points is 4 places worse than his original pick 7 five years ago.

And that's assuming they come last. What happens if they come say 12th?
A disastrous trade.
How's about we keep Clark, we keep Hill, and we trade
Long and 27 for
Bowes and 7.
This talk about this junk picks for a contracted Clark is possibly the worst trade I could remember. Others can be justified, this is just throwing away quality and for what? Some speculation he isn't the greatest prepared at the club?

What an outfit this club is if they do anything near this stupid embarrassing trade.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why?

If we got Norths next years draft concessions for Clark I'd be rapt. You'd assume North will finish last next year and their draft concessions are for the Pick immediately following their normal draft pick so that's Pick 20 & 40 which equates to Pick 11 for Clark.

Where do I sign!!!!
Draft points mean nothing unless we are picking a father son.

Points may say it values him at 11 but I doubt anyone will be willing to let us trade up that high using those picks.

And that is IF North finish last. They'll be trading mature players in and have kids ready to improve

And with academy selections looking like going early next year those picks will probably end up going down even further.

It may well be the best we can get but it's a pretty average trade.

North will be rapt with it that's for sure

Why?

Where do I sign!!!!

Pick 20 and 40 is pick 11? I didn't know that. We should see if we can swap our first round picks out every year if it's the same. Clark was pick 7. I obviously have different standards.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Pick 20 and 40 is pick 11? I didn't know that. We should see if we can swap our first round picks out every year if it's the same. Clark was pick 7. I obviously have different standards.
I don't know we might get another Hugh Goddard and Heath Ledger with those two picks.
Will rocket us up the charts. No wonder we can't even make finals let alone win a flag with even considering trading out a quality player for that junk rubbish.
North come 12th next year and we get pick 26 and 47 ( after F/S etc). Yeah what a marvellous trade.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Points are a poor way to judge a trade unless the points are required for F/S or Academy.
Even best case scenario pick 11 points is 4 places worse than his original pick 7 five years ago.

And that's assuming they come last. What happens if they come say 12th?
A disastrous trade.
How's about we keep Clark, we keep Hill, and we trade
Long and 27 for
Bowes and 7.
This talk about this junk picks for a contracted Clark is possibly the worst trade I could remember. Others can be justified, this is just throwing away quality and for what? Some speculation he isn't the greatest prepared at the club?

What an outfit this club is if they do anything near this stupid embarrassing trade.
Points are a better way to view a trade than a supporters emotions.

Here's a question for everyone - disregard his salary - what Pick would people trade to get Bowes to St Kilda?

10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 45?

In my view, whatever you pick is also Clarks trade value and I wouldn't be offering anything more than pick 20.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

Here's a question for everyone - disregard his salary - what Pick would people trade to get Bowes to St Kilda?

10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 45?
Most neutrals seem to be valuing Clark a lot higher than Bowes who played most of the year in the VFL so i dont think its just being one eyed.

Points are a crap way to value a trade. Not sure trading him out for average picks is going to help us in any way.

It's just very hard to draft elite talent that far down the order.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 45?

In my view whatever you pick is Clarks trade value and I wouldn't be offering anything more than pick 20.
What has Bowes have to do with this conversation?
And how could his salary being disregarded anyway.
Bowes is a SC dump. You saying Clark is a SC dump?
Well he is not, and s**t picks is a joke for a contracted player that doesn't need to be traded.
Absolutely insane trading.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda

10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 45?

In my view, whatever you pick is also Clarks trade value and I wouldn't be offering anything more than pick 20.
I'd say 35 and 45 which is equivalent to 10 with a discount. Maybe something back too. Whatever is equivalent to 47 in 4th round picks.

10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 45?

Don't care, he's only available because of a set of circumstances. They have a stockpile of talented kids, they've overpaid a generation of lesser talent and need to unload him because of his excessive wage and he's only been an okay player.

Hunter Clark looks a talent that has been unlucky to not be further ahead in his career due to freak incidents. I'd take Bowes and 7 for HC compo because you get something back in the form of the original pick and Bowes might still be a good player but with potentially a lower ceiling than HC.

gubby88

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looks worse when he inevitable wakes up in lock up and we have to have an exhaustive investigation only to let him play the next week if we've ignored our own set of rules. If we are giving him 5 years on a high wage we aren't going to want to sack him the first week when he's photographed in a strip club.
Didn't realise it was illegal to visit strip clubs....

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do they run towards something or from something in GF sprint?

Always better to be chasing

StUBJn0.jpg

SaintyMcSaintface

Senior List
Aug 2, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think if anyone here thinks we are trading out Long for Bowes and 7 and we hang onto 9 isdelusional. The only possibility would be Long and 9 for Bowes and 7. Even then we don’t know that Bowes wants to come to us.

Far more likely is Long for a second round pick
No club is taking on Bowes salary if that's the case then. It's a salary dump. It would be delusional to swap first round picks. Gold coast are paying another team to take him

The Boar

Premium Gold
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think if anyone here thinks we are trading out Long for Bowes and 7 and we hang onto 9 isdelusional. The only possibility would be Long and 9 for Bowes and 7. Even then we don’t know that Bowes wants to come to us.

Far more likely is Long for a second round pick
It can happen, GCS want future picks.

Trade 1 with NM (also pre-confirmed Trade 2 prior)
Out: Clark
In: F2RP, F3RP (points equiv P11ish)

Trade 2:
Out: Long, F2RP, F3RP
In: Bowes, P9

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
What has Bowes have to do with this conversation?
And how could his salary being disregarded anyway.
Bowes is a SC dump. You saying Clark is a SC dump?
Well he is not, and s**t picks is a joke for a contracted player that doesn't need to be traded.
Absolutely insane trading.
I mentioned Bowes because he and Clark are equivalents. Both Top 10 picks who were expected to become midfielders but after 5 years are still hbf's.

I did say disregard his salary but clearly you missed that - so I'll ask again. If Bowes was available for trade (not a salary dump) what would you give up for him?

Once you answer that question you then Clarks starting value - Pick 20 if we're lucky.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I mentioned Bowes because he and Clark are equivalents. Both Top 10 picks who were expected to become midfielders but after 5 years are still hbf's.

I did say disregard his salary but clearly you missed that - so I'll ask again. If Bowes was available for trade (not a salary dump) what would you give up for him?

Once you answer that question you then Clarks starting value - Pick 20 if we're lucky.
Not a chance anyone sees Clark and Bowes as a push. One guy would probably be a late junk pick without a first rounder around his neck.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

So if he is worth pick 20 why trade him for Hugh Goddard or Luke Dunstan?

Insane

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Yes I did...and proper pints are called imperial pints in SA and ponies are called Butchers.
Unless you’re a sprinter and like to smash back a beer then all you get buying pints in Australia is half a pint of warm beer. A lot of our beers have been made to drink ice cold, go with a small glass and enjoy your beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back