Which way for the pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Red flags for me this week seeing Holmes and Reid named.

Can see it biting one of these teams on the arse.
Reid’s twin cost us in 2011 going in injured. That's a massive risk. Surely he doesn't play.

Got no idea how the lightning fast Holmes can play a week after doing a hammy.

I'd guess McDonald and Parfitt will be late ins for those two.

I think itll be a baptism of fire if you reach finals , wont be able to keep up with the pressure of finals football. We saw that in your last 3 to 4 rounds and that was home and away. Concerning
Winning games by under a goal was your one wood this year… your game plan failed twice in finals… concerning.

Winning games by under a goal was your one wood this year… your game plan failed twice in finals… concerning.
Percentage means nothing come finals, apparently that was going to be our down fall, clearly wasnt.

Cant see you making finals next year if you had such a good year this year , no improvement left in the top end of your players

I think we'll finish anywhere from 2-10 to be honest.

There's no doubt that if we have as many close results next year it probably won't be in our favor as much as this year, as it was quite a statistical anomaly. But on that token, who says we'll have as many close games?

A lot went right for us this year, and if we remain where we are right this minute: next year we will probably slide. On that note though I don't see the group stagnating. We are clearly heavily trading to fill some of those gaps that killed us in the crucial moments. And it's looking like the current coaching group has an emphasis on role players rather than stars.

It will be interesting to see another preseason into Naicos. Ignoring the mouth breathers who call his possessions cheap etc. I don't see how anyone would be able to not respect the first season he put out there. In the team Rd.1, never once was close to being dropped, polls 11 in the Brownlow and is one of our best leaders on field in his first year, crazy. He will be looked at more next year, I assume he's going to be tagged quite often.

I can see a lot of improvement; we were smashed most the year in center clearances and we gave up plenty of big leads throughout the year. With some help inside mid - De Goey would be at his most dangerous since he's had to carry a decent load this season with our inside mid stocks not yet ready for the big league. McStay while not respected on here; can offer us something we don't have - A big bastard who can bring the ball to ground to guys like Ginnivan, McReery, Elliot and hopefully Hill. McStay in that front 6 also frees up Mihocek and Johnson (hopefully Henry still,) to play on a 2nd and 3rd forward rather than the 1st and 2nd.

The improvement needs to come soon though as Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe and perhaps even Adams given his injury history and age, won't be around for long - and that will be felt, it always is.

Anyone thinking we'll automatically stay up the top are going full nuff, anyone thinking we'll automatically slide because of "close games - won't be so lucky next year derp," are also going full nuff.

Last edited:
Winning games is now a bad thing
Where did I say that?
Percentage means nothing come finals, apparently that was going to be our down fall, clearly wasnt.

Cant see you making finals next year if you had such a good year this year , no improvement left in the top end of your players
Ha ha, you had the luckiest run of all time. I’d be surprised if you make finals next year with a harder draw.

You didn’t beat us last around, we lost it with bad kicking. We absolutely smashed you in all facets of the game. The game would have been over if it wasn’t for a moronic decision to pay a free kick against Cripps 10m out from goal in the last quarter.

You lost to WCE this year, Kangaroos we’re 5 goals up lol… You lucked so many games this year it’s not funny.

How many teams did you beat in the 8? How was your injury list?

You played only played one team in the 8 twice. Your getting rid of Grundy to get McStay lol

Your geriatrics over 30 are you best players, I honestly can’t see how you improve or make finals next year and I’m still baffled how you did this year.

LOL I think Melbourne's beaten Collingwood 1 out of the last 10 meetings? We love getting thrashed by Collingwood in any case.
Guess I should be happy we kept those two games relatively close :)
The Dees are Collingwood's QB bitches.
The Swans used to be but we have not played them in Melbourne for over a decade and they supply their own umpires in Sydney.

That said, the Pies are on the way.

Where did I say that?

Ha ha, you had the luckiest run of all time. I’d be surprised if you make finals next year with a harder draw.

You didn’t beat us last around, we lost it with bad kicking. We absolutely smashed you in all facets of the game. The game would have been over if it wasn’t for a moronic decision to pay a free kick against Cripps 10m out from goal in the last quarter.

You lost to WCE this year, Kangaroos we’re 5 goals up lol… You lucked so many games this year it’s not funny.

You played only played one team in the 8 twice. Your getting rid of Grundy to get McStay lol

Your geriatrics over 30 are you best players, I honestly can’t see how you improve or make finals next year and I’m still baffled how you did this year.
Hur dur lucky! Won't be able to replicate it!

We had one down year, that was the exception. One player over 30 is in our best 5, them being Moore, De Goey, Crisp, Daicos & Pendlebury (soon to be replaced by the other Daicos). Sidebottom and Howe are not near our best anymore, you're living in the past.

We beat Melbourne 2x, Freo 2x, and went within a kick of the premier. Please stop embarrassing yourself

Hur dur lucky! Won't be able to replicate it!

We had one down year, that was the exception. One player over 30 is in our best 5, them being Moore, De Goey, Crisp, Daicos & Pendlebury (soon to be replaced by the other Daicos). Sidebottom and Howe are not near our best anymore, you're living in the past.

We beat Melbourne 2x, Freo 2x, and went within a kick of the premier. Please stop embarrassing yourself
Why am I embarrassing myself, because I don’t rate you?

I don’t, your list is bog average. You were extremely lucky this year… plenty of people have this opinion.

Why am I embarrassing myself, because I don’t rate you?

I don’t, your list is bog average. You were extremely lucky this year… plenty of people have this opinion.
No, the embarrassment stems from your frighteningly illogical jumps. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck making finals next year :)

Where did I say that?

Nice excuses , cant wait to hear next years. All weeks leading to that last round you were going to belt us and lost in the most chokey mchokerson circumstances, then blame bad kicking lol

Just like Judd , you are wasting Cripps prime years , so embarassing

giphy.gif

No, the embarrassment stems from your frighteningly illogical jumps. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck making finals next year :)
Won’t need any luck
Nice excuses , cant wait to hear next years. All weeks leading to that last round you were going to belt us and lost in the most chokey mchokerson circumstances, then blame bad kicking lol

Just like Judd , you are wasting Cripps prime years , so embarassing

giphy.gif
Fair enough. Good luck tomorrow… oh wait?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies had me rootin for em by end of finals. Exhilirating footy, and the crowd noise was unbelievable. From most hated to most liked team in a pretty short time, hats off to Mcrae and the attacking players for this miracle.

Next year will be tougher, everyone's watching, they'll need to get another wrinkle or two over the summer. The coach is so optimistic and fresh, you wouldn't put it past them.

Most thought Collingwood would be out in straight sets. Nobody for a moment thought it’d be Melbourne. Losing to the Swans and Cats by 7 points combined wasn’t a game plan failure at all. Cats and Swans have been the best two sides for the last two months. Collingwood’s official finish was third. That feels bout right. No fluke, no surprise.

Most thought Collingwood would be out in straight sets. Nobody for a moment thought it’d be Melbourne. Losing to the Swans and Cats by 7 points combined wasn’t a game plan failure at all. Cats and Swans have been the best two sides for the last two months. Collingwood’s official finish was third. That feels bout right. No fluke, no surprise.

Beating Freo at the G is basically a gimme.

We’re not claiming our year as a success. We also don’t have a core of 30 year olds going into next season.
Except that May is 30, Gawn is about to turn 31, Brown is about to turn 30, Tom McDonald is 30. So the majority of your KPP stocks, and your two most important players, are 30 or older.

Pendlebury is the only 30+ year-old we rely on heavily, so nice try, but you have NFI.

Except that May is 30, Gawn is about to turn 31, Brown is about to turn 30, Tom McDonald is 30. So the majority of your KPP stocks, and your two most important players, are 30 or older.

Pendlebury is the only 30+ year-old we rely on heavily, so nice try, but you have NFI.

Oliver Pettracca Brayshaw

Pendlebury Sidebottom Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back