Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
QUALIFYING AND ELIMINATION FINALS

Thursday, September 1

EF2 - Brisbane Lions v Richmond (G) (N)

Friday, September 2
QF2 - Melbourne v Sydney (MCG) (N)

Saturday, Setember 3
QF1 - Geelong v Collingwood (MCG) (T)
EF1 - Fremantle v Western Bulldogs (OS) (N)

SEMI FINALS

Friday, September 9

SF2 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 10
SF1 - Collingwood v Fremantle (MCG) (N)

PRELIMINARY FINALS

Friday, September 16

PF1 - Geelong v Brisbane Lions (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 17
PF2 - Sydney v Collingwood (SCG) (T)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 24

Geelong v Sydney (MCG)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wondering who wears what in the Grand Final? Check out the Grand Final Policy thread!

Last edited:

It mildly annoys me that it is Sydney painted on the left and Geelong on the right. As the nominal home team Geelong should be listed first as they are everywhere else.
It also annoyed me that the clubs logos/colours weren't a part of the 50m arcs.

Is this due to the 6-6-6 rule? i.e. the 50m arcs are an actual defined boundary under the rules rather than just being there for aesthetics like they used to be?
I'd say it's more to do with Telstra

Thick outline for Sydney GF patch

I noticed this too. Sydney never posted (AFAIK) any content showing the patches being heat pressed like clubs often do. I’d really like to see a proper close up because I reckon they might be different to the ones used by Geelong.

Noticed quite a few Geelong grand final patches peeled/came off.
Saw one coming off before half time (might have been Dangerfield). Not much point giving those jumpers that special something if it won't be there at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the ultra wide gap between the AFL and Ford logo has always irritated me...
1664192581586.png
Now I think Cotton On were playing 4D Chess and planned this all along because the gap looks like it was made for the premiership medal to fit in perfectly ffs lol
1664192669109.png

It mildly annoys me that it is Sydney painted on the left and Geelong on the right. As the nominal home team Geelong should be listed first as they are everywhere else.

It was to match which end the cheer squads had.

Noticed quite a few Geelong grand final patches peeled/came off.
Can not work out how in this day and age they cant either get a set of jumpers printed on Sunday/Monday for the game and/or actually embryoid them on with a sewing machine if that's not available.

HEAT PRESS DOESN'T WORK IN CONTACT SPORT

Pay all the money for Robbie Williams (Well Spent), but cant afford proper jumper manufacture for the game.

Can not work out how in this day and age they cant either get a set of jumpers printed on Sunday/Monday for the game and/or actually embryoid them on with a sewing machine if that's not available.

HEAT PRESS DOESN'T WORK IN CONTACT SPORT

Pay all the money for Robbie Williams (Well Spent), but cant afford proper jumper manufacture for the game.
I recall Sydney and hawthorn doing it in 2012 and maybe Collingwood in 2010 can’t think of any other times it’s happened

I recall Sydney and hawthorn doing it in 2012 and maybe Collingwood in 2010 can’t think of any other times it’s happened
Brisbane 2002 got new jumpers made up with the formal re branding of Cellular One and AAPT, that had the GF Logo actually on the jumper.

I think Russell Athletic had the logos sew on in 2001.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back