Women's Footy Round 5, 2022 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

rwan566

Team Captain
Mar 15, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
without wardlaw we are getting the inside 50s but not getting shots no one looking like winning a 1 on 1

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
frustrating game to watch.

we go in for the tackle and execute it well, the ball gets out and they are getting to it. We are kicking it to their spare a lot too.

I muted the commentators early, but I think they mentioned early theres a breeze? so we had it q1 and q3? hope we can turn this around

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
A valuable lesson learned here. Need to play those situations very differently. We used space very poorly. Defence was great and kept us in it, midfield and forwards had their worst game if the season. Hickie fantastic, Dawes worked hard. They will be disappointed with this effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Credit to Richmond's defence for refusing to break and using the conditions to their advantage.

Can't help but feel that if Wardlaw plays that we win that one.

Ah well.

We've got players who can kick goals. We shouldn't need to be so dependent on one player. Bodey tried but just kept missing.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Let’s never speak of that game ever again Wardlaw out definitely out our forwards structure

That's not what lost us the game though......Dax should NEVER have played on. She tried to be spectacular and failed. Should've been workman like and gone back for the set shot.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
A valuable lesson learned here. Need to play those situations very differently. We used space very poorly. Defence was great and kept us in it, midfield and forwards had their worst game if the season. Hickie fantastic, Dawes worked hard. They will be disappointed with this effort.

I don't want to learn "valuable lessons". I want to win.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Well, bleh.

Back in the mid 90's, I liked the Tiges....mainly due to RIcho it must be said.

I have grown to loathe the men's team over the past 6-7 years and then today....bleh bleh bleh.

What a deflating 7 days for our footy club lol.

Still, always next week - and we are still at or near the top.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Well, bleh.

Back in the mid 90's, I liked the Tiges....mainly due to RIcho it must be said.

I have grown to loathe the men's team over the past 6-7 years and then today....bleh bleh bleh.

What a deflating 7 days for our footy club lol.

Still, always next week - and we are still at or near the top.

Richmond's defensive work was good but our poor skills today made them look better than they are.

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dakota with absolute worst on ground performance. Gives away a stupid 50 when we had the wind advantage letting them get up the ground and then subsequently kick the winning goal late in the third just 2 kicks later. Then she doubles down on that error by lacking any sense of composure by running off the mark from the edge of the goal square and getting smothered with only 2 minutes to go in the 4th. She needs to focus on doing the basics with running and presenting for lead up kicks rather than act all cute and play like a small pressure forward.

Better to have such a terrible stinging game now rather than in a finals series.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Davidson also gave us some bail-out marks coming out of our d50 a few times. That 50 call was a bit iffy but was there, and that last goal was whatever. Seems she works well in tandem with Wardlaw, but I didn't mind her game today. I think it was more our midfield where it got murky, couldn't get the run going and just dumped kicks to their spare all day.

Back