List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching today its clear to see we need a much better defence to go anywhere

yes rankine is great but some great intercept defenders is critical
Yes agree

Worrell’s a start, but we need more. Murray and Butts could end up being quite good KPDs in isolation, but eventually our taller defensive setup needs to be more dynamic (plus we need to find a bonafide primary rebounding defender to replace Smith - no, not Dawson)

FdZp1IuVEAAsFkv

For those playing at home we are

8 wins
14th for defense
13th for intercept differential
13th for marks inside 50

Listening to the Geelong players talk about their club and recognising that many of them are old Geelong boys, really makes me hope we continue to lean into the whole South Australian club thing. SA has started to produce consistently good footballers in the last decade and we need to continue to target SA kids and foster a sense of club and community… as such who out there could we target?

Parfitt, Graham, Stephens…

Listening to the Geelong players talk about their club and recognising that many of them are old Geelong boys, really makes me hope we continue to lean into the whole South Australian club thing. SA has started to produce consistently good footballers in the last decade and we need to continue to target SA kids and foster a sense of club and community… as such who out there could we target?

We are trending that way..and if we get rankine, phillipou, michalanney and poulter, thats 4 more SA lads in

Ah… the old Disposal effficiency stat strikes again..

The most useless stat in football.. and still no one can explain exactly how it is measured..

This is the stat that was used by some in here this year to say Ben Keays was as good as Christian Petracca when it comes to disposing the football!.

Wow - I am amazed that a discussion regarding Caleb Poulter somehow had a Ben Keays jab bought into. Who would have thought

Funnily enough I didn’t even see who the post was from on my phone - and yet I knew anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1517088

It was actually on one of the Trade Speculation threads ;)
In any event, the Stats are sterile. They’re nonsense if you get wins with those parameters.
Id imagine or even guarantee Geelong won today and won parameter they usually don’t.x

Pretty happy with Dawson and Rankine.
Not sure of Parfitt, never watched Graham carefully so can't comment.

Keep targeting the ones that are basically crows supporters and go quality
over quantity.

Was Stephens ever a crows supporter?
Hollands was wasn't he?
If his brother landed un picked in the spot where we rated him and we had a pick would we do it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Australia needs to first start producing elite talent instead of players that immediately devalue upon entering the AFL system

South Australia needs to first start producing elite talent instead of players that immediately devalue upon entering the AFL system
I think that this was true for a long time, but the last decade has seen a lot of very solid SA talent come through the system. Draft who you think are the best talents, sure, but as we seem to be doing now, trying to target SA talent to bring back home. Just try and build a club with a truly SA identity. I’m all for trading for the Grahams and Parfitts of the world. The reality is that they would be best 22 for us and probably better than most players you’d be selecting with the draft picks required to bring them home.

I think that this was true for a long time, but the last decade has seen a lot of very solid SA talent come through the system. Draft who you think are the best talents, sure, but as we seem to be doing now, trying to target SA talent to bring back home. Just try and build a club with a truly SA identity. I’m all for trading for the Grahams and Parfitts of the world. The reality is that they would be best 22 for us and probably better than most players you’d be selecting with the draft picks required to bring them home.
Brandan Parfitt is a born and bred Northern Territorian (Nightcliff FC) but. Spent a couple of years schooling and footballing in SA only so I don't see the call of "home" beckoning in his case.

Footy fans from across the Top End turned out in force to watch Geelong take on Sydney in the 2022 AFL Grand Final​

Thousands of punters celebrated while even more cried into their brews after the 2022 AFL Grand Final. Few cheered louder than NT lad Brandan Parfitt’s family at Silks. Check out all the photos.

The mother of Darwin football export and Geelong premiership player Brandan Parfitt has spoken of her pride seeing her son achieve a footballing dream, 26 years in the making.
Parfitt’s mother, Jody Peris, cousin of Olympian Nova, and plenty of other family members, cheered on the Cats at Silks as they won their 10th AFL premiership, easily beating Sydney.

Parfitt came onto the ground late in the game to kick a goal in the final quarter, the icing on a delicious September cake.

Jody said her 24-year-old son, who won several junior premiership medals with Nightcliff, got the call up as a medical sub late on Friday afternoon.

So if GC are doing a salary dump for pick 7 and Bowes, where the club taking the contract on get pick 7?

So lets do that deal first, get pick 7 and then give GC pick 7 for Rankine. It then allows GC to get a top 10 pick for Rankine and salary dump a player they can't afford...which is basically the reason they can't keep Rankine.

Easy, straightforward, no need for steak knives

If we can somehow gain Rankine and Poulter while retaining and using pick one in the draft and then tweaking the list a bit more through trading out, delisting and some further drafting we would have done very well I believe. The question I have is whether this is possible? I know we do not have many uncontracted players. It will be very interesting to see how creative Justin Reid and co are and what rabbits they can pull out of their hats over the coming few weeks.

Proposal - Trade out Keays and trade in Jack Graham. He is a far superior player and a future captain. Keays in coming years will be more of what he was at the Lions. A list filler. Thoughts?

I think we should be in the trade for Bowes and Salary Dump and have two scenarios

1. Use 2023 1st - Adelaide receive Rankine, Bowes Pick 7 and Pick 25 while Gold Coast receive Pick 5 and 23 and future 1st Round pick. (Gold Coast gain 293 points)

2. Use this year's 1st Round Pick - Adelaide receive Rankine, Bowes Pick 34 (GC's worst 2nd Rnd Pies) and Pick 25 while Gold Coast Receive Pick 5 and Pick 23. This would leave us with 1298 points and we could match a bid to Pick 8 and Max M won't go that high.

If these scenarios suite Gold Coast then an early conclusion could be done however as Bowes remains contracted he can stop the deal. Like McPherson did last year. He wants Midfield minutes and we can provide that. We may have to get our Brisbane Lions connections to sell Adelaide. Especially Keays.

I think we should be in the trade for Bowes and Salary Dump and have two scenarios

1. Use 2023 1st - Adelaide receive Rankine, Bowes Pick 7 and Pick 25 while Gold Coast receive Pick 5 and 23 and future 1st Round pick. (Gold Coast gain 293 points)

2. Use this year's 1st Round Pick - Adelaide receive Rankine, Bowes Pick 34 (GC's worst 2nd Rnd Pies) and Pick 25 while Gold Coast Receive Pick 5 and Pick 23. This would leave us with 1298 points and we could match a bid to Pick 8 and Max M won't go that high.

If these scenarios suite Gold Coast then an early conclusion could be done however as Bowes remains contracted he can stop the deal. Like McPherson did last year. He wants Midfield minutes and we can provide that. We may have to get our Brisbane Lions connections to sell Adelaide. Especially Keays.
Heavily weighted in GC favour both scenarios why would we?
rankine OOC and bowes they want out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back