Unsolved Madeleine McCann - New Leads Being Reported

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
It seems JW does remember seeing JT (lady in purple) he is just not sure of exactly when. Hmmm that "exactly when" is a common theme through all of this, not uncommon when under stress.

Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner;
Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple.

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
GM's version in regards to seeing JT.

---- After going through the side gate, and while on his way to the secondary reception entrance, less than 10 metres from the gate, he saw JEZ coming up the street on the opposite pavement bring with him a baby carriage with his youngest child. He crossed the road in JEZ's direction who would come up on the right-hand side [when viewed] from the ascending direction, both having chatted for 3 to 4 minutes, about tennis, holidays and children. While he maintained the conversation with JEZ he saw no-one from the group, nor detected any suspicious individual or vehicle. Because he had been specifically asked, he relates that during this period of time he did not see with certainty JANE pass that location, although it is clear that he was speaking when in front of JEZ, his back to the other pathway on which his apartment is situated. He relates also that JEZ never said to him that he had seen any person given that he was in front.

JW's version

I do not know if we were face to face or side to side when this conversation occurred. As I had the pram with me I was rocking it so my son could sleep, it seems to me that I was in the downward direction, but it is possible that I was in the opposite direction.
I do not remember having seen anyone else at this time besides Gerry.
----------------------------
That tells me being that JT was on the opposite side of the road (the apartments side) that she could well have passed them without them noticing.

Last edited:

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
This in Jeremy Wilkins statement is real interesting. Did they ever find the blonde haired 'rasta' man and the woman or the lookout, he was with?

Q. Relative to the exact location you met Gerry'
I left my apartment pushing my son's pram so that he could sleep. I did not have a particular direction to follow nor did I have a specific time to do this. I left the apartment and turned right. I walked via the lower street, looked to the building block where the McCann apartment was situated and saw a woman dressed in purple clothing. I referred to this woman in relation to the questions asked by Jane Tanner. At the next crossing, I turned right and continued on down the hill. At this point, I saw a man that was coming from the road and was headed to the reception. I believe that he was with a woman but I cannot be precise of any detail about her. It was a tall Caucasian man, with blonde hair in 'rasta style' tied with a band instead of free flowing. When I arrived, I headed to the WC near the pool area. He also was in the WC but appeared to be a taking a long time. I do not remember if he was still in that place when I left. I did not see a woman in that zone.

In their interviews
the resort staff were all asked about rasta man. I dont think any of them had seen him

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Pdlchurchshore-1.jpg

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The above picture shows apartment 5a location, the location of meeting and sighting with Smith and the location of important landmarks including the beach and church. I'm thinking that the possible destination was the church. At the point of meeting it was app 150 metres from beach

To get to that point the abductor would need to leave from back gate of 5a, go left up to main road. Turn left skirting the perimeter of the ocean resort apartments turn left and follow that zig zag near the vacant allotment down to street to encounter Smith. There is more direct route away from the allotment but that allotment would be less populated and probably preferred. As you can see the abductor was at the point of sighting probably 150 metres away from church

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
On the night of the disappearance a manager ELK visited McCann apartment at 22.55 to 23. Mrs McCann was on the balcony unable to speak through grief. The purpose was to obtain a description of MM INCLUDING what she was wearing at time of disappearance. KM was unable to give the information. Fiona Payne instead gave that information. Fiona of course would know what Maddie looked like. She MAY know her pyjamas. But what if there were more than one pair of different styles. What if they were being washed. No one I mean no one was supposed to have seen Maddie wearing the clothes she disappeared in yet Fiona Payne gave that crucial information absent KM input. How could she possibly? Did they speak shortly after disappearance and she told her that detail? Perhaps. There is another explanation of course. They all raced back to unit from Tapas bar we now know to be around 9.30pm- 9.35pm. GM raced out to pool and play area worried she had wandered and drown. The group would have checked the unit entirely including behind the lounge.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The recent ECHR deliberations (the libel case against Goncalo) has changed the Goal Posts slightly.

It allowed the introduction of some key police evidence, that was traditionally suppressed by the British tabloids.

The recent ECHR deliberations (the libel case against Goncalo) has changed the Goal Posts slightly.

It allowed the introduction of some key police evidence, that was traditionally suppressed by the British tabloids.

Is it what Amaral calls 'evidence' in his book? What is it?

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
What transpired after the disappearance that night that might be construed as informative:

1) GM told the PJ that it was he who closed the shutters in MM and twins room and closed window. They were open at time MM was missing.

Problem: The shutters mechanism can only be operated from the inside and the only finger prints ever found on that mechanism was KMs. Later when it was clear there was no evidence that the abductor had gained access by the window the McCann's mentioned that the sliding door was closed but not locked

Question: If your daughter has been abducted, without any of your involvement then telling the truth from the start would be critically important factor. Suggesting it happened via the window implies a different sort of offender and profile. They had by that stage started the habit of returning via sliding door. Indeed if Tapas 9 testimony is to be believed Oldfield gained access to their unit that way too. They lied and it misled the investigation for a while

2) One woman of the Tapas 9 we now believe was JT recited the first account of the abductor hurrying with MM carried across his arms legs dangling over.

Problem: When pressed further about HIS appearance the only response was that it was very dark hard to see. BUT she did say that she saw the pyjamas very clearly and believed them to be MMs. Once again how does she know what she was wearing when she disappeared. The PJ made note that it wasnt credible because from that vantage she would be side on and at an angle of 45 degrees too. It's interesting that the sighting is entirely consistent with a abductor escaping the window or front door. Also interesting is that the sighting pictures the abductor in the entirely opposite direction that an abductor being the person seen by Smith's would have travelled to get where he (the GM lookalike) was. Later it came out at a press conference that her sister wore identical pyjamas of a certain brand and style. Those pyjamas were short sleeve and short leg just over knee. In carrying the child in the manner put forward there would have been perhaps and inch of Pyjamas material visible at the knee bend if at all with toes pointing toward her. So to establish certainty they were MMs is very brave especially when there was nothing remarkable ro say about the abductor

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
What transpired after the disappearance that night that might be construed as informative:

1) GM told the PJ that it was he who closed the shutters in MM and twins room and closed window. They were open at time MM was missing.

Problem: The shutters mechanism can only be operated from the inside and the only finger prints ever found on that mechanism was KMs. Later when it was clear there was no evidence that the abductor had gained access by the window the McCann's mentioned that the sliding door was closed but not locked

Question: If your daughter has been abducted, without any of your involvement then telling the truth from the start would be critically important factor. Suggesting it happened via the window implies a different sort of offender and profile. They had by that stage started the habit of returning via sliding door. Indeed if Tapas 9 testimony is to be believed Oldfield gained access to their unit that way too. They lied and it misled the investigation for a while

2) One woman of the Tapas 9 we now believe was JT recited the first account of the abductor hurrying with MM carried across his arms legs dangling over.

Problem: When pressed further about HIS appearance the only response was that it was very dark hard to see. BUT she did say that she saw the pyjamas very clearly and believed them to be MMs. Once again how does she know what she was wearing when she disappeared. The PJ made note that it wasnt credible because from that vantage she would be side on and at an angle of 45 degrees too. It's interesting that the sighting is entirely consistent with a abductor escaping the window or front door. Also interesting is that the sighting pictures the abductor in the entirely opposite direction that an abductor being the person seen by Smith's would have travelled to get where he (the GM lookalike) was. Later it came out at a press conference that her sister wore identical pyjamas of a certain brand and style. Those pyjamas were short sleeve and short leg just over knee. In carrying the child in the manner put forward there would have been perhaps and inch of Pyjamas material visible at the knee bend if at all with toes pointing toward her. So to establish certainty they were MMs is very brave especially when there was nothing remarkable ro say about the abductor

Does that mean entry was through the door and exit through the window?

Once again how does she know what she was wearing when she disappeared.
I would hazard a guess that pyjamas were what she was wearing when in bed asleep. Do think maybe she changed clothes before being abducted?

Meanwhile a man appeared ( * ) carrying a child (**), with a hurried walk, it being this detail together with the fact that the child dressed in pyjamas, without being wrapped up in a blanket, that caught her attention. She only managed to see him from the side, with the child in his arms. She noticed the individual's presence exactly when she had just passed by Gerry and Jez who were talking, having seen this person step off the pavement that borders on the apartment block where they were staying and rapidly cross the road.

( * ) Dark skinned individual, male sex, aged between 35-40, slim physical appearance, about 1.70m tall. Very dark, thick hair, longer at the back (she could only see him from behind). He was wearing linen type cloth trousers, beige to golden in colour, a "duffy" sic type jacket (but not that thick). His shoes were dark in colour, classic type. He had a hurried walk. He was carrying a child, who was lying on both his arms, in front of his chest. By the way he was dressed, he gave her the impression that he was not a tourist, because he was very "warmly dressed". (Warmly dressed - carrying a child without a blanket or warm clothing would be bit a odd)

(**) About the child whom appeared to be sleeping, she only saw her legs. The child appeared to be older than a baby. She was barefoot and was wearing what appeared to be cotton pyjamas of a light colour (possibly white or light pink). She is not certain, but has the impression a design on the pyjamas, possibly a floral pattern, but she is not certain.

The entrance to the apartment building (1) is exactly at the place (street) where the individual appeared from.

What side of the road was JT on? Apartment side? So she saw him side on at first. as he moved away then the angle changed.

Later it came out at a press conference that her sister wore identical pyjamas of a certain brand and style.
(from your earlier post)
No one I mean no one was supposed to have seen Maddie wearing the clothes she disappeared in yet Fiona Payne gave that crucial information absent KM input.
Even though we don't know the exact details Emma got from Fiona perhaps KM and Fiona had spoken about these things before Emma arrived?

I'd have closed the window and the shutter as well if my two remaining kids were in that room and in the first few minutes of seeing it open with my daughter gone, under a lot of stress might look at the most obvious sign of something not being the way I left it, assuming the offender used the window and which he obviously did open. No prints? Not everybody leaves prints and that applies to bare hands and gloved.

Savvy cops would have known pretty quickly why the offender opened that window but didn't exit it holding Madeleine. The offender either had a lookout within view to give him the all-clear/signal to abort and/or was to be used to get out of if someone from Tapas came back unexpectedly, thereby avoiding confrontation and identification.

The person who took Madeleine may have had an accomplice imo and was a very experienced burglar who had probably been in there before. He timed going in and was watching the movements of the Tapas crowd. It's my view, that child was targeted and she was gone one way or another, two minutes out of their view is all he needed but the way that apartment was set up made it easier.

The McCanns weren't lying imo to where it misled the investigation.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Does that mean entry was through the door and exit through the window?

Once again how does she know what she was wearing when she disappeared.
I would hazard a guess that pyjamas were what she was wearing when in bed asleep. Do think maybe she changed clothes before being abducted?

Meanwhile a man appeared ( * ) carrying a child (**), with a hurried walk, it being this detail together with the fact that the child dressed in pyjamas, without being wrapped up in a blanket, that caught her attention. She only managed to see him from the side, with the child in his arms. She noticed the individual's presence exactly when she had just passed by Gerry and Jez who were talking, having seen this person step off the pavement that borders on the apartment block where they were staying and rapidly cross the road.

( * ) Dark skinned individual, male sex, aged between 35-40, slim physical appearance, about 1.70m tall. Very dark, thick hair, longer at the back (she could only see him from behind). He was wearing linen type cloth trousers, beige to golden in colour, a "duffy" sic type jacket (but not that thick). His shoes were dark in colour, classic type. He had a hurried walk. He was carrying a child, who was lying on both his arms, in front of his chest. By the way he was dressed, he gave her the impression that he was not a tourist, because he was very "warmly dressed". (Warmly dressed - carrying a child without a blanket or warm clothing would be bit a odd)

(**) About the child whom appeared to be sleeping, she only saw her legs. The child appeared to be older than a baby. She was barefoot and was wearing what appeared to be cotton pyjamas of a light colour (possibly white or light pink). She is not certain, but has the impression a design on the pyjamas, possibly a floral pattern, but she is not certain.

The entrance to the apartment building (1) is exactly at the place (street) where the individual appeared from.

What side of the road was JT on? Apartment side? So she saw him side on at first. as he moved away then the angle changed.

Later it came out at a press conference that her sister wore identical pyjamas of a certain brand and style.
(from your earlier post)
No one I mean no one was supposed to have seen Maddie wearing the clothes she disappeared in yet Fiona Payne gave that crucial information absent KM input.
Even though we don't know the exact details Emma got from Fiona perhaps KM and Fiona had spoken about these things before Emma arrived?

She was close to footpath near back entrance walking up past JW and GM. By the time she looked up he was perhaps 4 metres further on so side on AND at 45° angle my guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
She was close to footpath near back entrance walking up past JW and GM. By the time she looked up he would and noticed he was perhaps 4 metres further on so side on AND at 45° angle my guess
(4) is where she was (5) is where she first noticed him (8) is where he was when she reached the end of the road.

Attachments

• 01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_50.jpg
    01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_50.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it what Amaral calls 'evidence' in his book? What is it?
It went to highest court in Europe. If there were faults in Amaral's evidence. I think they would have discovered it and outed him.

The evidence collected, was done professionally, in some cases by British officers. Somewhere along the line, its been deliberately ignored.

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
It went to highest court in Europe. If there were faults in Amaral's evidence. I think they would have discovered it and outed him.

The evidence collected, was done professionally, in some cases by British officers. Somewhere along the line, its been deliberately ignored.

The case in Europe wasn't to examine evidence against the McCanns as presented by Amaral in a book he wrote after he left the force.

The McCanns case was that Amaral's book damaged their reputation and their right to be presumed innocent. The court ruled that it was on the Portuguese Police for naming them arguido in the first place, it was that which damaged their reputations.

The ECHR documented in their summary, that they considered the prior Supreme Court Judgement noting that nowhere was there any comments made regards guilt or innocence. If the Supreme Court judgement had considered the content of Amaral's book on guilt, the McCann's would probably have won their case.

mccannjud.png

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Honestly, how good at being criminals do you think the McCann’s are?

They manage to;
Murder Maddie
I don't think it was homicide

There is a greater indication of an accident taking place.
frankly we will never know

Current state of play -
Portuguese Police: ongoing investigation, no specified suspects,
British Police: holding their cards close to their chest, sill following an abduction theory, unknown offender
German Police: following an abduction theory, their suspect is CB

Current state of play -
British Police: holding their cards close to their chest, sill following an abduction theory, unknown offender

Portuguese Police have officially named Brueckner as a suspect through their ongoing investigation after apparently ruling him out years ago. Some commentators may like to frame that as some sort of technicality but there it is.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The Tanner sighting is quite frankly all over the place

Height:. 6 attempts at different times selecting every height from 5'6" to 5'10"

Hair: multiple descriptions
Short on top
Dark
Black
Long at the Back
Long hair to shoulder length

Complexion:
White, Caucasian, southern European
A local Portugese

Her sketch had no facial features and was drawn as such

Child:. Definitely Maddie's PJs saw them very clearly....to kind of pinkish probably a girls. She even changed carrying position from across the arms to probably against the shoulder

Her witness is totally lacking credibility. Can't really blame her. She saw him for 1-2 seconds side on. And 45° angle. The child she saw a pair of legs with a glimpse of pink that she thought was a girl BUT immediately that night she was CERTAIN it was MMs PJs. Insightful I believe for reasons I'd rather not state

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Portuguese Police have officially named Brueckner as a suspect through their ongoing investigation after apparently ruling him out years ago. Some commentators may like to frame that as some sort of technicality but there it is.

They had to name him before the expiration of 15 year anniversary else the charges couldn't be brought. Poor Christian would be devastated.

Means absolutely nothing

They had to name him before the expiration of 15 year anniversary else the charges couldn't be brought. Poor Christian would be devastated.

Means absolutely nothing

Means nothing? What absolute nonsense. It means they know there's evidence they weren't aware of before that might go towards a charge at a later date.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think it was homicide

There is a greater indication of an accident taking place.
frankly we will never know

Current state of play -

The only certainty is the case will never be solved. Poor Christian will need counselling.

The frustrating thing is the doubt could be entirely eradicated by checking financial records and having Dr Perlin untangle DNA. I find it difficult to believe that someone within UK police hasn't done these already. They certainly won't see light of day if they have. Once UK made it diplomatic to support a British citizen against the portugese there was no chance of it being solved.

Back