List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For various reasons, for me its a no to:
bowes, graham, poulter, grundy or anyone else linked to us so far except

Its a yes to:
rankine, JHF (if a miracle happened)

One of these also needs to be shaken loose and retrieved from salvage: b.cox, c.ballard

And we desperately need a developing ruck that has craft and marks and kicks well

we do not need another 181cm who puts pressure on...

we cant waste on anything we dont need

I'd hazard a guess that the Suns are going to make it a point not to deal Bowes to us. Any scenario that sees that wrapped up in the Rankine deal would be a potential win for us and the Suns will be vindictive enough to make sure it happens. They'll have enough offers from Vic teams for Bowes they won't need to worry.

Well we should be leveraging Pick 5 as part of the deal. Essentially tell GC that, as long as Bowes is open to coming to the Crows, we won’t deal in Pick 5 unless The Bowes/salary dump trade is involved as well. Bowes doesn’t want to come, or GC start trying to get cute with us? Great, Pick 5 still off the table for Rankine then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The thing about targeting Graham is that I wouldn’t even say he’s that bad. He’s a solid enough player, a guy that’ll give you 18 touches and 5 tackles a game at half forward, with some time rotating through the middle if need

The only issue is that we are looking for top-end midfield talent - not 4th or 5th string midfielders. Not worth using capital to get him in when he doesn’t actually fill a need

Number 1 in the competition, 2 years in a row, for highest pressure acts, at a time when the game is continuing to get faster.

Absolute horse sh!t to say Graham isn’t a gun at what he does.

Lots of players across Richmond’s 3 x Premierships that played selfless roles not reflected in multiple stats, and Graham is definitely one of those

For various reasons, for me its a no to:
bowes, graham, poulter, grundy or anyone else linked to us so far except

Its a yes to:
rankine, JHF (if a miracle happened)

One of these also needs to be shaken loose and retrieved from salvage: b.cox, c.ballard

And we desperately need a developing ruck that has craft and marks and kicks well

we do not need another 181cm who puts pressure on...

we cant waste on anything we dont need

Youngest team in the comp, and only getting younger going into next year. We need desperately need experience added to the squad to accelerate our rebuild. We are excellent in terms of pressure around the contest, but once it gets out we’re absolutely woeful for defensive/offensive pressure

Number 1 in the competition, 2 years in a row, for highest pressure acts, at a time when the game is continuing to get faster.

Lots of players across Richmond’s 3 x Premierships that played selfless roles not reflected in multiple stats, and Graham is definitely one of those

You reckon Graham could be the elite midfielder we need if given the chance?

I don’t see it, personally

How does saying he’s a gun at what he does address the question of whether he fills a need?

Can’t believe the s**t canning of Graham on here. Yeah, why would we want the number 1 pressure player in the game and someone who has immense leadership qualities?

So what if he’s not the explosive midfielder we need. Every good midfield needs elite role players. And that’s what he is. Instantly makes us better.

Can’t believe the s**t canning of Graham on here. Yeah, why would we want the number 1 pressure player in the game and someone who has immense leadership qualities?

So what if he’s not the explosive midfielder we need. Every good midfield needs elite role players. And that’s what he is. Instantly makes us better.

Yeah who would want that! Agree with you 100%

He also doesn't suit the vanilla choir boy requirements though.. Only thing he does have is he comes from a good family.

Yeah, why wouldn’t we want to duplicate Sam Berry when we have so many other needs

With respect, because we already have him. Our mid list needs diversification.

C961CBC0-2CA8-4014-B9ED-5C15E3016E3B.jpeg

Edit : Berry had the tackle record as a kid and I can see him holding that mantle for many years now, also superior in
1% ers

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct weight. It’s amazing how many people don’t see how good of a footballer he is.

View attachment 1518470

Edit : Berry had the tackle record as a kid and I can see him holding that mantle for many years now, also superior in
1% ers
Totally agree .....we have our hard men in Berry and Pedlar ....what we need is some height & finishing skills in the midfield

Youngest team in the comp, and only getting younger going into next year. We need desperately need experience added to the squad to accelerate our rebuild. We are excellent in terms of pressure around the contest, but once it gets out we’re absolutely woeful for defensive/offensive pressure

Sent from my iPhone using
Yeah who would want that! Agree with you 100%

He also doesn't suit the vanilla choir boy requirements though.. Only thing he does have is he comes from a good family.
Totally agree .....we have our hard men in Berry and Pedlar ....what we need is some height & finishing skills in the midfield
and line breaking pace...

View attachment 1518470

1% ers

Berry attended 66% of CBA’s this year, Graham only 22%, and yet he still finishes with the highest pressure acts in the comp. (The stats you’ve used above includes all mids, you can select mid/fwds of which Graham is certainly top of the bunch)

Warranted this year Graham has apparently spent more time up forward, but even last year his CBA’s were only 26%.

Graham has the type of endurance where he’s able to affect pressure outside the contest (something we are sorely lacking), and link up in defensive/attacking chains.

I know some people have some preconceived ideas about Sam Berry and Jack Graham being similar players, but they are not.

Just head on over to the Richmond board and ask. They’ve described him being able to apply pressure in multiple areas of the ground, and is a crucial supporting link

The only real question IMO is whether we don’t have a crack at Graham because we believe Berry could become that sort of player. Does Berry have that endurance?

Don’t get me wrong I am a MASSIVE Berry fan, but he is purely inside mid at the moment, Graham is not.

Berry attended 66% of CBA’s this year, Graham only 22%, and yet he still finishes with the highest pressure acts in the comp. (The stats you’ve used above includes all mids, you can select mid/fwds of which Graham is certainly top of the bunch)

Warranted this year Graham has apparently spent more time up forward, but even last year his CBA’s were only 26%.

Graham has the type of endurance where he’s able to affect pressure outside the contest (something we are sorely lacking), and link up in defensive/attacking chains.

I know some people have some preconceived ideas about Sam Berry and Jack Graham being similar players, but they are not.

Just head on over to the Richmond board and ask. They’ve described him being able to apply pressure in multiple areas of the ground, and is a crucial supporting link

The only real question IMO is whether we don’t have a crack at Graham because we believe Berry could become that sort of player. Does Berry have that endurance?

Don’t get me wrong I am a MASSIVE Berry fan, but he is purely inside mid at the moment, Graham is not.

I think Graham's a good player but if we put him in the midfield, we have Graham, Berry, Laird, Keays, hopefully Pedlar. They're all too similar, we need some elite kicks in there and players with pace. Graham doesn't have either.

He's a better fit for Port, so if we pretend we are interested, get Port to pay as much as possible, and then focus on elite kicks, I think that's the best play here.

Yes he does!

Ranked 5th over all in the 2020 Draft Combine's 2km time trial....a 3.02 20m sprint and a running vertical jump of R/L 81/94cm which is top end also.

Far more athletic profile than Jack Graham.

Last edited:

Are we going to be younger next year?

Wouldn't have thought so... & doubt will be much in it.

I think Graham's a good player but if we put him in the midfield, we have Graham, Berry, Laird, Keays, hopefully Pedlar. They're all too similar, we need some elite kicks in there and players with pace. Graham doesn't have either.

He's a better fit for Port, so if we pretend we are interested, get Port to pay as much as possible, and then focus on elite kicks, I think that's the best play here.
Exactly - Graham is a decent player, but he is not a priority for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back