Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I made that choice last year. Then got suckered into the last 3 hours thinking there simply wouldn't be time for the VIC BS and relentless adds...

Oh how wrong I was.
Last year I found out they put each segment up on their spotify page, so it is handy to go back later in the day and listen to specific segments if there is something you want to hear. Then you don't have to listen to the same advert 500 times in 1 hour.

B.Scott looks to be Essendon's new coach. Poor choice if true.
You mean fantastic choice, surely? We're overdue for some fresh dummy spit memes and Brad Scott is the one to deliver. Imagine him having to cope with the level of delusion that exists at Essington? He'll be drinking from a flask within a month.

You mean fantastic choice, surely? We're overdue for some fresh dummy spit memes and Brad Scott is the one to deliver. Imagine him having to cope with the level of delusion that exists at Essington? He'll be drinking from a flask within a month.
Essendon has seen Chris Scott win on the weekend and decided they want their own version.

There's just something about Brad Scott.
I don't like Chris. He can be quite smug.
But he's proven that he is a good coach.

Brad seems like the twin who had less nutrients in the womb, and resorts to being an obnoxious p****, biting and scratching for whatever he can get. There's an anger deep inside.

Also, he can't coach

How the hell he landed a job at AFL HQ I am still trying to work out.

Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions
I miss this guy on Billions. Those first few seasons, rocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to be a pessimist but surely the game from Gold Coast is to entice another team to pick up Bowes by allowing them to upgrade their hand in the draft. Gold Coast then offer Rankine $850,000 pa which is strangely more than we are offering.

Could we end up with a very expensive Bowes (plus an improved draft pick) and miss out on Rankine? I am usually a glass half full sort of guy but the Bowes deal smells like a rotting fish head.

Does anyone have any idea what we are offering Rankine? So many numbers are being thrown around.

With the salary dump trade being fully green lighted will the AFL ever go 1 step further- trade draft picks for salary cap space

its basically the same, just without having to have previously stuffed up giving big $ to someone you regret

It would actually be really interesting. A top side trading away 1st rounders for extra salary cap to become better while bottom sides accelerate their rebuild buying picks instead of overpaying average players to get to minimum cap spend

it has great potential for disaster. But also could work amazingly as a new equalization strategy and media frenzy leading to more $ for AFL

But Dillon reports there is currently little interest from rival clubs to secure the 27-year-old midfielder.

“I’m hearing there’s not a lot of confidence he will go to another club,” he said on SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“But a number of powerbrokers within the Adelaide Football Club genuinely want him to stay. This is at odds with how he’s been treated… they want him to battle it out.

B.Scott looks to be Essendon's new coach. Poor choice if true.

A guy that couldn't reach a grand final in 10 seasons at a club that hasn't won a final in nearly 20 years.

The perfect match

But Dillon reports there is currently little interest from rival clubs to secure the 27-year-old midfielder.

“I’m hearing there’s not a lot of confidence he will go to another club,” he said on SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“But a number of powerbrokers within the Adelaide Football Club genuinely want him to stay. This is at odds with how he’s been treated… they want him to battle it out.
The shock

Is the insinuation there we are being unreasonable in how we are treating him (I assume not gifting him best 22) while no one else wants him?

maybe it is that we are being reasonable not rating him that high, but like the guy still and are happy to see him put in and hopefully genuinely earn his spot if he can’t/doesnt get a better opportunity (which if he does we no doubt let him go with our full blessing)

Bowes as per protocol, wants to go to Victoria…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
says who, there's nothing anywhere I've been able to find that says that.

also, a Herald Sun article from an hour ago talks about the ongoing negotiations with Rankine. I'm not giving them a cent, so does anyone know if it says anything worthwhile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back