Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article about how Mighty Albo won the election despite 3 qtrs of our media shilling for that conservative mutt morrison

The ALP shouldn't have promised those tax cuts, but they should keep them given they were taken to an election. Honesty is still a virtue, is it not?
Prior to the election, the left were saying on social media that Labor were making a stupid promise. Several Labor supporters responded, "don't worry, they're just saying that to not scare the horses, so that they get elected. They'll be different in government". They trotted out this standard response for other issues too, like Labor's refusal to even review the rate of Jobseeker. Essentially, they were saying you can trust Labor to lie.

However, I think Albo cares far more about easy, risk-free re-election than he does about any ideology or desire for fairness. I don't see him rocking the boat at all. He'll keep the tax cuts, regardless of how badly it screws the budget and interest rates, because he's deathly afraid of not being seen to keep a promise. Anyone who voted for him expecting a different outcome was being foolish.

This will probably help the Greens somewhat, as they can draw a clear distinction between themselves and Labor on this issue. It probably hurts the Coalition amongst the upper-middle income types though.

Prior to the election, the left were saying on social media that Labor were making a stupid promise. Several Labor supporters responded, "don't worry, they're just saying that to not scare the horses, so that they get elected. They'll be different in government". They trotted out this standard response for other issues too, like Labor's refusal to even review the rate of Jobseeker. Essentially, they were saying you can trust Labor to lie.

However, I think Albo cares far more about easy, risk-free re-election than he does about any ideology or desire for fairness. I don't see him rocking the boat at all. He'll keep the tax cuts, regardless of how badly it screws the budget and interest rates, because he's deathly afraid of not being seen to keep a promise. Anyone who voted for him expecting a different outcome was being foolish.

This will probably help the Greens somewhat, as they can draw a clear distinction between themselves and Labor on this issue. It probably hurts the Coalition amongst the upper-middle income types though.

Go back in this thread and you will see the exact same comments from Albos Ass Kissers, oh don’t worry he’ll do everything different when he’s in power…

The ALP made an error of judgement there. They've been known as the party that supports the working class, and the stage 3 tax cuts aren't in line with their values. If the LNP persist in moving further to the right and away from public wants in respect to climate change and workers rights, I can see them move into irrelevancy. The ALP would do well not to follow them too closely.

It's unfathomable that some people want their political leaders to lie to the public then renege on a promise. I'd much rather we hold our politicians to account for what they promise to the public. Democracy fails if we allow and even encourage our pollies to speak s**t they don't intend to follow through on.

You're right that the Greens come out looking better than both major parties on this issue. Covering dental is another Greens policy I think the ALP should look at.

The ALP made an error of judgement there. They've been known as the party that supports the working class, and the stage 3 tax cuts aren't in line with their values. If the LNP persist in moving further to the right and away from public wants in respect to climate change and workers rights, I can see them move into irrelevancy. The ALP would do well not to follow them too closely.
I think Labor are trying to make a play for the upper middle income demographic, and banking on their existing dominance amongst the working class as a safe vote bank. They have to watch out though, as the adventures of Keneally in Fowler show what happens when you take people for granted.

Labor likely won't go as far on either of those issues. They've already shown they've taken some action on climate change (as inadequate as it may be). And much like the Coalition are seen as better economic managers by the public when all evidence says the opposite, Labor will always be seen as the party of workers rights, even when they sell out workers like they did in the Accord.

It's unfathomable that some people want their political leaders to lie to the public then renege on a promise. I'd much rather we hold our politicians to account for what they promise to the public. Democracy fails if we allow and even encourage our pollies to speak s**t they don't intend to follow through on.
Its what happens when you have a win at all costs mentality, like with a football team.

You're right that the Greens come out looking better than both major parties on this issue. Covering dental is another Greens policy I think the ALP should look at.
They won't. The indigenous voice referendum is the biggest risk they're going to take.

Great article about how Mighty Albo won the election despite 3 qtrs of our media shilling for that conservative mutt morrison

Why is the opening para assuming the actions of some journalists and outlets were mistakes?

Yeah it's pretty obvious it's all about next election, just stroll through this period doing what they said they'd do.

I reckon the Republic debate is a gift wrapped election wedge too.

It's an issue that Labor and the teals can run with the full knowledge that most LNP politicians will be stuck, likely being for it, but many of their potential voters against it.

Really Albo?

Think he’s misreading the room here. The nation isn’t grieving that much. Get back to work and deliver us our ICAC, I want to see the Liberals squirm.

Instead of reading the room he's reading the legislation. The cessation of Parliament is an automatic legislated trigger upon the death of the head of state, he doesn't have a choice.

Albo is smashing it out of the park right now. We respect the conventions and traditions we have in place right now. He's playing this the only way he can, show the country he's a safe pair of hands who respects all Australians, that includes the monarchists right now.

The great thing about Albo's position in this is there is no secret agenda or game plan, it is there for everyone to see, it's not a surprise, Republicans will get their referendum in five or so years, they just need to settle on a game plan and be polite until then.

albanese does he have a speech impediment, why is everyone saying he is elmer fudd reincarnated . Oh well we have had idiot PM's in the past , what's one more . And you get some people slobbering over the guy, what low expectations we have been reduced to with this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

albanese does he have a speech impediment, why is everyone saying he is elmer fudd reincarnated . Oh well we have had idiot PM's in the past , what's one more . And you get some people slobbering over the guy, what low expectations we have been reduced to with this guy.

It'd be nice if bots occasionally came up with some new material.

Hes certainly not the most polished orator but frankly weve not had a good one of those for some time in politics.

Julia had her famous misogyny speech but she was nasal and shrill too.

100% agree here. this is where the teals will b important. hope they scream from high heaven should this b in prospect. have faith that dreyfus won’t cop it.

100% agree here. this is where the teals will b important. hope they scream from high heaven should this b in prospect. have faith that dreyfus won’t cop it.

This reads to me like part of media beat up to make the Libs appear relevant. The government don't need Dutton's input to pass an ICAC, with the Teals and Greens on board they can all just wave at the Libs as they pass it, they had ten years to do this.

The legislation is before parliament. They've only been in power 100 days and only had a handful of sitting days but your issue is the problem isn't fixed yet? See what I mean about the standards to which you hold them?

There are 17,000 people on CDC trials across Australia, they will be given the option to quarantine their income if they choose. This is separate to the Basics card. These people will be better off, can we get an acknowledgement of that?

Fast forward to September:

'The policy of increasingly strict financial controls has had polarising effects on communities often forced to choose between the invidious options of a paternalist whitelist of approved goods and services deemed safe or exploitative industries which thrive on dependency and addiction that have historically targeted marginalised and vulnerable communities.

In a sign of how seriously Labor views CDC as an aberrant solution, four ministers — minister for social services Amanda Rishworth, minister for Indigenous Australians Linda Burney, minister for government services Bill Shorten and assistant minister for social services Justine Elliot — formed an orderly queue to sound the scheme’s legislative death knell.'

Will support it, as long as the hearings are secret.

Shine a ******* big light under the LibNat rock!

See IBAC Operation Sandon.
Local mayor examined in public. Subsequently took her own life.
Premier examination in private. No press, no damage.

See IBAC Operation Sandon.
Local mayor examined in public. Subsequently took her own life.
Premier examination in private. No press, no damage.

People who run for public office should be dealt with publicly.

Not sure why anyone would argue against that.

People who run for public office should be dealt with publicly.

Not sure why anyone would argue against that.
Wants to protect the snowflakes who really need a good dose of concrete.

Fast forward to September:

'The policy of increasingly strict financial controls has had polarising effects on communities often forced to choose between the invidious options of a paternalist whitelist of approved goods and services deemed safe or exploitative industries which thrive on dependency and addiction that have historically targeted marginalised and vulnerable communities.

In a sign of how seriously Labor views CDC as an aberrant solution, four ministers — minister for social services Amanda Rishworth, minister for Indigenous Australians Linda Burney, minister for government services Bill Shorten and assistant minister for social services Justine Elliot — formed an orderly queue to sound the scheme’s legislative death knell.'
Income management isn't being abolished or cashless welfare cards, just the Indue CDC that Morrison brought in.
Also people in the NT and Cape York aren't able to opt out of Income Management like the rest of us with these changs, so anyone put on a CDC pilot will be moved to the BasicsCard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back