List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you thought he couldn't possibly get any more of a dick, he rejects Collingwood's offer because of behavioral clauses... because, he's such an upstanding citizen... 🤮 I mean - is it even possible to reach a higher level of Flog?
To be fair, it sounds like one of the clauses is that Collingwood could effectively terminate his contract for any reason they see fit. No one is accepting that, including the AFLPA.

Thanks, so if I'm not mistaken...

OUT - Willo (senior), Jones (senior), Newnes (senior), Stocker (senior), Hayes (rookie), McDonald (rookie), Parks (rookie)
IN - Owies (senior), S. Durdin (senior)

and that leaves us with 2 senior and 3 rookie spots available?
Sam Durdin is a rookie.
If we go with the same split, we have 3 senior 1 rookie spot available (and 1 Cat B).

Just when you thought he couldn't possibly get any more of a dick, he rejects Collingwood's offer because of behavioral clauses... because, he's such an upstanding citizen... 🤮 I mean - is it even possible to reach a higher level of Flog?
That's a big De Noey.
It is not possible.

That would have been the logical trade, so you have to assume that one of the clubs prefers F3 to be traded, and the other isn't fussed.
Maybe. Or maybe it's a case of "wait and see what the compo pick is", with F3 as the fallback, which is along the lines of what Ash24 alluded to earlier. In any case, I expect we'll know what the compo pick is pretty early on - possibly Friday morning, as I expect Dogs will put in the paperwork straight away.

If so, we'll know what we have in our hand before Trade week starts next Monday. I'd still rather hang on to next year's picks, but won't be a huge shock if it goes the other way.

My only concern is whether Freo want to wait and see on the Jackson deal before giving the ok on Acres. If so, it might drag on a bit.

So, like others have suggested, I think we're in for a pretty quiet trade/draft period.

Add: Acres via trade (F3 or Jones compo)
Draft: Pick 10, 28
Sign (1yr): Setters, Ed C, Fog
Upgrade: Owies (Cat-B) -> Senior (must happen) (This replaces the requirement for the 3rd draft pick)

Senior List: 36
Rookie List: 5
Rookie B: 1

Leaves 1 spot spare (plus one Rookie B, which goes unused unless Byrne comes over). And boringly, I think we leave the one spot spare for SSP/MSD. So only two picks at the ND.

---

But that's no fun, so here's the super-exciting, nobody-expected-that scenario. Cue Darryl Kerrigan "Tell 'im 'e's dreamin'!"

Add: Acres via trade (Jones compo)
Trade: Out: F2, F3, F4 -> GCS In: Pick 7, Bowes, 43, 52. (They're desperate, don't need 43, 52, want picks next year and we find a way to make it happen)
Trade: Out: Pick 7, 43 In: F1 (Norf) (They want picks now, and back themselves for a better year next year)
Trade: Out: Pick 10, 52, Setters In: F1 (WCE) (as above)
Trade: Out: F1, 28, Dow In: F1 (Hawks) (They want a ready-to-go inside mid, and an extra pick this year for a pick swap next year)
Sign (1yr): Ed C, Fog

Leaves us still with 33 on senior list, 5 on rookie after the trade period (inc. Owies), and first pick in draft is 62.

Draft: Pick 62 (speculative pick on a tall - e.g. Foster)
Upgrade: Owies, plus two of LOB, Hayes or Cotts (they've all got 2 year contracts anyway)
Rookie Draft/DFA: 3 mature players for a year to fill some gaps

Rookie List: 6

So, doesn't look all that great, does it:
Out: Jones, Williamson, Stocker, Parks, Newnes, McDonald, Hayes, Dow, Setters
In: Acres, Bowes, Pick 62, 3 x Rookie/DFAs
Acres is an upgrade on Newnes, and maybe Bowes for Setters but that's about it. We've also traded out our entire 2023 draft hand.

But... In return we've picked up 2023 first round picks from Norf, WCE & Hawks. Good chance that all 3 of these will be top 5 picks. So the payout comes in the 2023 draft. Say hello to Harley Reid, Ashton Moir and Nick Watson. Thanks very much.

(just to be clear, this isn't serious!!)

according to this article we only have two players still out of contract…Fogarty must still have one.

Carlton (2)

Ed Curnow (unrestricted free agent), Will Setterfield

The older Curnow will be at Ikon Park next year after knee and hamstring injuries stopped him playing a senior game this year, but details are still being finalised. Setterfield should be playing somewhere in 2023 but may have to wait through the trade period. The 24-year-old hasn’t cemented his spot despite playing 55 games in four seasons, although some big VFL performances caught rivals’ attention.

So, like others have suggested, I think we're in for a pretty quiet trade/draft period.

Add: Acres via trade (F3 or Jones compo)
Draft: Pick 10, 28
Sign (1yr): Setters, Ed C, Fog
Upgrade: Owies (Cat-B) -> Senior (must happen) (This replaces the requirement for the 3rd draft pick)

Rookie List: 5

Leaves 1 spot spare (plus one Rookie B, which goes unused unless Byrne comes over). And boringly, I think we leave the one spot spare for SSP/MSD. So only two picks at the ND.

---

But that's no fun, so here's the super-exciting, nobody-expected-that scenario. Cue Darryl Kerrigan "Tell 'im 'e's dreamin'!"

Add: Acres via trade (Jones compo)
Trade: Out: F2, F3, F4 -> GCS In: Pick 7, Bowes, 43, 52. (They're desperate, don't need 43, 52, want picks next year and we find a way to make it happen)
Trade: Out: Pick 7, 43 In: F1 (Norf) (They want picks now, and back themselves for a better year next year)
Trade: Out: Pick 10, 52, Setters In: F1 (WCE) (as above)
Trade: Out: F1, 28, Dow In: F1 (Hawks) (They want a ready-to-go inside mid, and an extra pick this year for a pick swap next year)
Sign (1yr): Ed C, Fog

Leaves us still with 33 on senior list, 5 on rookie after the trade period (inc. Owies), and first pick in draft is 62.

Draft: Pick 62 (speculative pick on a tall - e.g. Foster)
Upgrade: Owies, plus two of LOB, Hayes or Cotts (they've all got 2 year contracts anyway)
Rookie Draft/DFA: 3 mature players for a year to fill some gaps

Rookie List: 6

So, doesn't look all that great, does it:
Out: Jones, Williamson, Stocker, Parks, Newnes, McDonald, Hayes, Dow, Setters
In: Acres, Bowes, Pick 62, 3 x Rookie/DFAs
Acres is an upgrade on Newnes, and maybe Bowes for Setters but that's about it. We've also traded out our entire 2023 draft hand.

But... In return we've picked up 2023 first round picks from Norf, WCE & Hawks. Good chance that all 3 of these will be top 5 picks. So the payout comes in the 2023 draft. Say hello to Harley Reid, Ashton Moir and Nick Watson. Thanks very much.

(just to be clear, this isn't serious!!)
1664287418772.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Durdin is a rookie.
If we go with the same split, we have 3 senior 1 rookie spot available (and 1 Cat B).
Sorry haha I keep making mistakes.

OUT - Willo (senior), Jones (senior), Newnes (senior), Stocker (senior), Hayes (rookie), McDonald (rookie), Parks (rookie)
IN - Owies (senior), S. Durdin (rookie)

But if I'm counting correctly that still leaves us with 3 senior, 2 Cat A and 1 Cat B spot available?

Wouldn't mind having a look at the Sandover medalist. I hear he's got speed for days.

😉

No, only 4 spots (which can be 3 senior/1 Cat A if we go with the same split which is most likely, or 4 senior) + 1 Cat B.
Thanks, but how would we only have 4 overall list spots left after delisting 7 players? I understand Owies takes one and so does the extra selection from the 2022 MSD, but shouldn't that leave us with 6 list spots remaining?

Thanks, but how would we only have 4 overall list spots left after delisting 7 players? I understand Owies takes one and so does the extra selection from the 2022 MSD, but shouldn't that leave us with 6 list spots remaining?
Not sure of the exact numbers but weren't at least one of our MSD picks (Hayes, Durdin) above our total list number to cover injuries. Ie: we need to cut 1 or 2 just to get back to 42

Talk this guy might be gettable...

That's a hard pass.

To put how injury prone and inconsistent at his best Cockatoo is into perspective:

Charlie Curnow has played 84 games from 2016 (his first year in the system). Cockatoo's first season was 2015 - a full year ahead of Charlie - and he has played 49 games. In the past 5 years Nakia has played 17 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back