List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
(Currently) 195cm Key position (Forward or Back) as stated above.

Have not come on as much as was expected based on projecting from last season and are not in the Top 30 conversation. Lemmey I believe has had some injuries to deal with at the front end of the season. Both are still expected to be drafted however.

Form in WAFL colts does not necessarily translate to interest from an AFL perspective - remember Vanirsen from Subiaco who had that great WAFL colts grand final and also won the Jack Clarke medal?
Clearly knows where goals are. Would be a late pick.

Would rather scully or someone tho

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
is he a midfielder to join andrew bradshaw?
I see what you did there, well played.

That would be great if he could join Andrew Bradshaw at the Freemantle Dockers and be coached by Justin Longmire.

To be fair, I have to admit I keep going to type Jordan Clarke instead of Clark, but I think that's probably because of the great man John Clarke (and to a lesser extent Michael Clarke).

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Clearly knows where goals are. Would be a late pick.

Would rather scully or someone tho
Was reading in the draft board that Scully projects as 5 years away before physically ready which is a massive negative.

I would be happier with Lemmey, and would love our First Captain's lad; the Cabin Boy.

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was reading in the draft board that Scully projects as 5 years away before physically ready which is a massive negative.

I would be happier with Lemmey, and would love our First Captain's lad; the Cabin Boy.
Don’t think freo will have a pick to get lemmey, Isn’t Ben Allen lad a winger?

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Don’t think freo will have a pick to get lemmey, Isn’t Ben Allen lad a winger?
The returning pick from the Logue or maybe Meek trade should be enough; Lemmey is unlikely to go in the Top 30 and probably closer to pick 40.

Also yes Ed Allan (note corrected spelling) is a tall wingman.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We have no idea what picks we will have for now, but I think they are plausible options.

I reckon somehow we will try and manufacture a second round, and two third rounds - whilst we may be currently focused on trading and Free Agency at the moment I don't think we also want to be just taking lottery level picks at the end of the draft either. As a club that invested a bit in trading over the last couple of years it is interesting to look at where Geelong has maintained their picks and to consider where we would need to still be to maintain enough quality in list building:

• 2020 Draft: Geelong took in picks 20 (Max Holmes), 33 (Shannon Neale), 47 (Stevens)
  • 2021 Draft: Pick 24 (Toby Conway) Pick 25 (Mitch Kevitt), Pick 32 (James Willis), Pick 64 (Cooper Whyte - Mature Age)

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon somehow we will try and manufacture a second round, and two third rounds - whilst we may be currently focused on trading and Free Agency at the moment I don't think we also want to be just taking lottery level picks at the end of the draft either. As a club that invested a bit in trading over the last couple of years it is interesting to look at where Geelong has maintained their picks and to consider where we would need to still be to maintain enough quality in list building:

• 2020 Draft: Geelong took in picks 20 (Max Holmes), 33 (Shannon Neale), 47 (Stevens)
  • 2021 Draft: Pick 24 (Toby Conway) Pick 25 (Mitch Kevitt), Pick 32 (James Willis), Pick 64 (Cooper Whyte - Mature Age)
I hope we are looking at Ethan Phillips from the VFL.
Something around pick 40 would probably land him and he could come in straight away and contribute.

Dayts

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope we are looking at Ethan Phillips from the VFL.
Something around pick 40 would probably land him and he could come in straight away and contribute.

Do you think he lasts to 40 odd?
The talk is of lack of KPD a available don’t know if he last that long.

Descent

All Australian
Oct 10, 2019
Ascendant
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yep, I’ve said it before: 2nd round is the sweet spot for sustained success. They don’t demand high pay or regular games early. You need players who just need a little bit of time, but have all the talent.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Not sure this is entirely by design.

In 2019, Geelong received two future first rounders from West Coast and Gold Coast (Mid 1st round compo).

In 2020, they traded those two picks and their first rounder for Jeremy Cameron. They received two future seconds back from GWS. At the draft they traded their future first for Pick 20 and selected Holmes. The trade to secure Holmes was seen as a shock and reach at the time.

In 2021, Picks 24 and 25 came from the Jeremy Cameron trade, whilst pick 32 is their own selection.

If Jeremy Cameron never comes to Geelong they use at least four first rounders (three in 2020 and 2021).

Back