Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

We’ve got 2 tickets for the Sutton Medal night @ Crown on Wed Sept 28 at 7pm

Post if

• you’d like to go in the draw
  • you must be a current 2022 player sponsor

More details later

Last edited:
Full respect to Dunks for fronting up to the group like this. Good on him.

This speech sounds like I'm listening to a high schooler accept an award at assembly. I'll miss Dunks as a player, but goodbye to the most white bread personality our club has seen
Good on him for knowing his limitations and so writing his thanks down, including to back-office staff and no stupid sponsor mentions (he’ll save that for instagram).

Christ some of you lot are hard to please. Yeah it sucks that we are losing a great player, but he is well entitled to leave and has been a great servant of the club. Whatever his reason for leaving is, we have to respect the hard work and passion he put into the club. He’s a premiership player and BNF winner for Christ sake.

Grow up.

As Bevo said, good of him to front up and see the year out in full.
Looks like we will get a Shetland for him. Handy for family day I guess.

Good on him for knowing his limitations and so writing his thanks down, including to back-office staff and no stupid sponsor mentions (he’ll save that for instagram).
Yeah won't criticize writing it down, especially when he made sure to include the back-office staff in his thanks.

Damn though, I finished high school over a decade ago and I still remember multiple graduation speeches that had "wow" literally written on the paper like Dunks did in his. I actually laughed out loud when I heard that bit

Apparently he gave his all for our club. He told us that a few times. What a special little guy.
i would have preferred he only said it once but he’s a young man nervous about his reputation so can cut him some slack.

Most of us on this board would have taken the absolute piss in a resignation notice period when changing jobs, whereas Dunks clearly was still putting in his absolute full effort and putting his body on the line rather than taking care of his own body.

100 games, a BnF, and a premiership is a fair innings. Seven seasons and a whole lot of good footy and he's leaving for greener pastures. Genuinely wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would have preferred he only said it once but he’s a young man nervous about his reputation so can cut him some slack.

Most of us on this board would have taken the absolute piss in a resignation notice period when changing jobs, whereas Dunks clearly was still putting in his absolute full effort and putting his body on the line rather than taking care of his own body.
Nervous lol, he's so far up his own backside he couldn't give a rats. Why don't you go attack the other posters on here who have also said that he's dead to me?

I can’t believe Daniel came 6th. He was pretty average this year imo and in no way had a better year than Richards.
Gardner and Richards both had better years in defence I thought.

Honestly also surprised to see Macrae so high, although I guess his apparent drop in form would've been role-related so they may have viewed his output with a different lens.

Did Bev indicate that $ had to be spread amongst the list and kind of insinuate that was a reason why Dunks moved and then added other reasons ?
Bevo subtly clipped him for chasing the dollars with that comment.

Then not so subtly clipped Andrew Dunkley, saying "Andrew would tell me all he needed was an opportunity in the midfield - but we gave him plenty of opportunity" or something to that effect.

I don’t have any hard feelings against Dunkley, but I also don’t particularly care that he won.

The fact that he is leaving us (and has been fighting to leave ever since that Essendon incident) means that I personally don’t give a sh*t about the fact that he won.

Ed Richards 10th is a piss take.

I was watching the live stream and they went to a break after round 20 and it never started up again.
So bloody Dunkley wins it and pisses off to Brisbane - what a ******* utensil-head.
He will go down as one of the all-time Bulldog traitors - never speak his name again

The same for Dempsey, Quinlan, Round, Templeton, Ward, Harbrow….. is there a need to go on?

Let’s just hope we got to see the best of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back