Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't see why? Cadman wouldn't be picked up by North
I stand by my previous comments, I can't see the Kangas passing up on Cadman. There was massive unrest from Kangas supporters, past players etc when they passed up Thilthorpe, Logan McDonald, Nik Cox, Granger-Barras in 2020 for Will Phillips. The kangas are desperate for a KPF and he's the ideal player for them. Yes they may trade their pick, however, even if they do this my gut feel is they will try and land a KF book end.

The other notable noise that I'm hearing is that this will be the smallest draft in terms of picks ever, that being around 50 picks. With this being the case I reckon KPP are a dime a dozen and will be snapped up.

Funny you say that cos if the dons could get the bowes + 7 deal, id want cadman and clarke at our picks. Got a feeling west coast could look at clarke and North at cadman, dashing both our hopes
I wonder whether Wardlaw could slide a little due to his hammies? You’d think North would be a little gun shy after Phillips and, to some extent, JHF. Surely Cadman is gone before our pick too.

Or maybe I’m just fantasising 🤣

I stand by my previous comments, I can't see the Kangas passing up on Cadman. There was massive unrest from Kangas supporters, past players etc when they passed up Thilthorpe, Logan McDonald, Nik Cox, Granger-Barras in 2020 for Will Phillips. The kangas are desperate for a KPF and he's the ideal player for them. Yes they may trade their pick, however, even if they do this my gut feel is they will try and land a KF book end.

The other notable noise that I'm hearing is that this will be the smallest draft in terms of picks ever, that being around 50 picks. With this being the case I reckon KPP are a dime a dozen and will be snapped up.

What?? Passed on Thilthorpe when the Crows had the number 1 pick?? We can't pass on a player that was taken before our 1st pick.

Cox - come on he was never on our radar and for good reason. A tall wingman is not a need.

McDonald was one I thought we would take but not sure that has turned out to be a howler as yet. With Logue coming in DGB is not a big loss on not picking him.

It will be Cadman, Wardlaw or Sheezel if he keep out pick. None would surprise.

What?? Passed on Thilthorpe when the Crows had the number 1 pick?? We can't pass on a player that was taken before our 1st pick.

Cox - come on he was never on our radar and for good reason. A tall wingman is not a need.

McDonald was one I thought we would take but not sure that has turned out to be a howler as yet. With Logue coming in DGB is not a big loss on not picking him.

geez...you know what I mean. Relax. All I was doing was suggesting there were lots of talls that the kangas passed on.
In Cox's draft year he was considered a tall Def/Fwd even though he has turned into a developing wingman.
Anyway my point being is that the Kangas passed on tall players for a small mid. I just don't think they will take a small with their first pick ahead of a tall this draft. What do you think u need with your first pick?

geez...you know what I mean. Relax. All I was doing was suggesting there were lots of talls that the kangas passed on.
In Cox's draft year he was considered a tall Def/Fwd even though he has turned into a developing wingman.
Anyway my point being is that the Kangas passed on tall players for a small mid. I just don't think they will take a small with their first pick ahead of a tall this draft. What do you think u need with your first pick?
Cadman/Sheezel are a bigger needs but if Wardlaw is the best player I don’t see how we over look him.

I think the issue with the hammies has opened the door for the other 2.

yep, agree.

I think you can make a case for all of them.

I ve said a few times on our board, we will be left with who remains from that 3, and Ill be happy with that. I think my preference in order would be Cadman, Wardlaw (who like bangers, I think is actually the best of them) followed by Sheezel.

Not sure how the clubs would see it, but I suspect similarly.

yep, agree.

I think you can make a case for all of them.

I ve said a few times on our board, we will be left with who remains from that 3, and Ill be happy with that. I think my preference in order would be Cadman, Wardlaw (who like bangers, I think is actually the best of them) followed by Sheezel.

Not sure how the clubs would see it, but I suspect similarly.
I don’t have any issue trading our 1st. We need more picks and with no stand out we can drop back. It’s a massive risk but if we get an early and mid 1st we might be better off. My only hope is we keep our 2023 1st. The talent coming through is way too good to roll the dice.

I don’t have any issue trading our 1st. We need more picks and with no stand out we can drop back. It’s a massive risk but if we get an early and mid 1st we might be better off. My only hope is we keep our 2023 1st. The talent coming through is way too good to roll the dice.
What do you define as early/mid/late first?

Are you saying one pick in the 4-6 range (so missing all of Cadman, Wardlaw, Sheezel) and another before [12]?

PMBangers

who do you think swans should pick up for their first two picks?
It's a lazy answer, buy just best available on their board. I think the list is in a great spot personally, GF result aside its well balanced in the best 22 woth decent depth, perhaps a focus on a clear Rampe replacement is somewhat needed, but even that isn't necessarily something that needs immediate attention. I think Josh Weddle would be a good Rampe replacement long term as someone that can effectively lock down on talls and smalls, and Coby Burgiel is someone in that range that fits Sydney's drafting profile with a solid contested game and work rate

As the draft quickly approaches, Rookie Me Central is working on draft profiles for the Draft Guide, here's my first one on Sheezel who I know has a lot of fans for the early picks xx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do the gurus on here think of Darcy Jones (Swans districts) and Jack Cleaver?

WA boys so probably get a bit less focus on here

Hey PM, big fan!

Can you do one for Twomey’s boy Max Gruzewski? I see he’s rising up the order.
Hey Chris,
Appreciate the support

I think it'd be unfair to do a profile for Gruzewski, guys like Ashcroft, Cadman, Sheezel, etc are only in the Pick 1 conversation because Max was playing mostly in the APS, if we bring more attention to him he'd overtake them all

Hey Chris,
Appreciate the support

I think it'd be unfair to do a profile for Gruzewski, guys like Ashcroft, Cadman, Sheezel, etc are only in the Pick 1 conversation because Max was playing mostly in the APS, if we bring more attention to him he'd overtake them all

He’s not Twomeys boy. He’s my boy. We all know that…right…Bangers.

As the draft quickly approaches, Rookie Me Central is working on draft profiles for the Draft Guide, here's my first one on Sheezel who I know has a lot of fans for the early picks xx

I just cannot understand how highly touted this guy is. Seems a little soft on occassion. Kicked less than 40 goals this year. Isn't overly athletic or tall or quick and has been compared to Mark The Frenchman Lecras. How oh how is this a top 3 or 4 pick. Screams terrible selection at this high a pick. He is like a less athletic Jamie Elliott with no quality aerial presence. Has not shown in any convincing fashion he could transition mid. What is this guys ceiling a less tough Luke Bruest (not as tough or quick as Luke by the way. Please someone explain to me what he is going to become. Outside player who loves space and will get less and better athletes at the next level where his lack of athleticism will hurt. Anyway maybe I am way way off but yet to be convinced and would love to hear counter opinions?

I just cannot understand how highly touted this guy is. Seems a little soft on occassion. Kicked less than 40 goals this year. Isn't overly athletic or tall or quick and has been compared to Mark The Frenchman Lecras. How oh how is this a top 3 or 4 pick. Screams terrible selection at this high a pick. He is like a less athletic Jamie Elliott with no quality aerial presence. Has not shown in any convincing fashion he could transition mid. What is this guys ceiling a less tough Luke Bruest (not as tough or quick as Luke by the way. Please someone explain to me what he is going to become. Outside player who loves space and will get less and better athletes at the next level where his lack of athleticism will hurt. Anyway maybe I am way way off but yet to be convinced and would love to hear counter opinions?
Id love to know where the soft and outside player tag has come from personally, not something I've picked up from watching him the last two years, similarly the aerial game comment, he's one of the better marks inside 50 in the crop. He kicked 44 goals across 19 games this year when you combine NAB League, Champs and the Academy game.

But really when looking at prospects I think if you get yourself stuck on the negatives you'll always be disappointed, sure Sheezel isn't the most athletic forward available this year, but he's probably got the highest footy IQ of them, superb disposal and a well developed game that compliments his strengths and covers his weaknesses for the most part, the only times he's not really performed this year have been against Collingwoods VFL where he was thrown around the ground and very few impressed, when he's had a hard tag or when carrying an injury

But don't listen to me here, read the profile to get a full grasp of what Sheezel brings to the table!

He’s not Twomeys boy. He’s my boy. We all know that…right…Bangers.
He's actually Chris25 boy, after round 1 against Sandy Chris pm'd me and said "this kid has first round quality, I just don't want to be alone in ranking him as such"

He's actually Chris25 boy, after round 1 against Sandy Chris pm'd me and said "this kid has first round quality, I just don't want to be alone in ranking him as such"

I like to stay quiet about some and see how long it takes others to catch up. And then Twomey finally put him in his rankings and the cat was out of the bag.

Id love to know where the soft and outside player tag has come from personally, not something I've picked up from watching him the last two years, similarly the aerial game comment, he's one of the better marks inside 50 in the crop. He kicked 44 goals across 19 games this year when you combine NAB League, Champs and the Academy game.

But really when looking at prospects I think if you get yourself stuck on the negatives you'll always be disappointed, sure Sheezel isn't the most athletic forward available this year, but he's probably got the highest footy IQ of them, superb disposal and a well developed game that compliments his strengths and covers his weaknesses for the most part, the only times he's not really performed this year have been against Collingwoods VFL where he was thrown around the ground and very few impressed, when he's had a hard tag or when carrying an injury

But don't listen to me here, read the profile to get a full grasp of what Sheezel brings to the table!

All really valid points and watching more recently there are some aspects of his game that are certainly special. I just really worry about the hard tag stuff. I am just not convinced that under real heat in a seriously contested game he would be at his best. That has been shown a bit this year from time to time. Great talent just not someone who I am picking in the top few in any draft.

I like to stay quiet about some and see how long it takes others to catch up. And then Twomey finally put him in his rankings and the cat was out of the bag.

I was on him well before Twomey
You may have got me from rnd 1. But I wasn’t far behind u.

I really hope he convinces everyone he doesn't want to leave his home in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
I find it interesting that people note his speed as a weakness, we'll have to see him come combine day but he always seemed fast and agile at ground level. I will say that as a forward he seemed more concerned about positioning and body contact, anchoring himself to an opposition defender and working off them to create opportunities. This would slow him down, but for a smart player, it can be better to stick close and have a bit of agency when it comes to your own coverage. I wouldn't say he's a waterbug, Sandevistan, Flash, type guy, but he has more pace than people give him credit for. Guess you have to nitpick something for the top-end talent.

I really hope he convinces everyone he doesn't want to leave his home in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
I find it interesting that people note his speed as a weakness, we'll have to see him come combine day but he always seemed fast and agile at ground level. I will say that as a forward he seemed more concerned about positioning and body contact, anchoring himself to an opposition defender and working off them to create opportunities. This would slow him down, but for a smart player, it can be better to stick close and have a bit of agency when it comes to your own coverage. I wouldn't say he's a waterbug, Sandevistan, Flash, type guy, but he has more pace than people give him credit for. Guess you have to nitpick something for the top-end talent.
He ran a 3.1 second 20m at the start of the year I'm pretty sure which is certainly on the lower end for non-KPP players, but yes we do have to nitpick something fierce regardless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back