• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How tall is he?
At the start of the season 169cm, likely to have grown some by the draft combine measure in next year..

Been starring right through his junior footy...maybe he joins his former teammate at the Eastern Ranges Jake Soligo next year...;)

Tom steward is 190cm and one of the best interceptors
Did you miss the word TALL in both the original and my post.

Tom Doedee is a quality interceptor too but he's not a TALL interceptor either..

Last edited:

At the start of the season 169cm, likely to have grown some by the draft combine measure in next year..

Been starring right through his junior footy...maybe he joins his former teammate at the Eastern Ranges Jake Soligo next year...;)

I doubt he grows much more if at all but I don’t think it will effect him, he is a special talent

he hasnt grown he is 168

he hasnt grown he is 168
I'll go with the Draft Central guys, Peter Williams and his excellent crew...169cm 66kg

I'll go with the Draft Central guys, Peter Williams and his excellent crew...169cm 66kg

Fair enough. I hope the kid does well. History just not on his side. We shall see next year. Im sure everyone will remind me if I'm wrong on when he goes.

You were the first to really highlight how good harley reid is and on that one totally agree. I cant see anyone else being close in next years draft unless geelong have been keeping wolverine jnr in the you yangs all this time... and pick some kid nobody has ever heard of with pick 18.

I have no idea, but those in the know, on this board, talk up lots of Chaps in the draft for this year.
I would be disappointed if we didn't grab a few.

As I have said before, we've seen enough of a few, so I wouldn't be unhappy to unload the one out two that we could cheaply pay out and move on the youth.

Say bye bye to McPherson, Murphy, etc.

Interesting tracking Keeler's slide down the Twomey draft rankings. Currently at 27.

I suspect being a 198cm ruck prospect might be working against him in recruiter circles.

I wonder if the NGA bid could still be in play. Plenty of SA kids before him have slid down that familiar draft night slope!

Interesting tracking Keeler's slide down the Twomey draft rankings. Currently at 27.

I suspect being a 198cm ruck prospect might be working against him in recruiter circles.

I wonder if the NGA bid could still be in play come draft night. Plenty of SA kids before him have slid down that familiar draft night slope!

I wonder if the NGA bid could still be in play. Plenty of SA kids before him have slid down that familiar draft night slope!
Thing is he looks way better as a forward than he has ever as ruck so I would think recruiters see him more as a forward that can chop out on ruck at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing is he looks way better as a forward than he has ever as ruck so I would think recruiters see him more as a forward that can chop out on ruck at this point.
That definitely seems like the more logical fit. Will certainly be something to keep an eye on though.

If he were to slide past pick 40 it would probably put our draft/list strategy into a bit of an awkward spot. I doubt they will be anticipating that!

I think he lacks aggression and needs to improve big time in that space. If he’s not able to have a run and jump, he doesn’t impact enough. Aggression isn’t something you can easily change, hope we makes it through because he’s so talented

I think he lacks aggression and needs to improve big time in that space. If he’s not able to have a run and jump, he doesn’t impact enough. Aggression isn’t something you can easily change, hope we makes it through because he’s so talented
I honestly can't say I've seen enough, but from the limited vision I have seen, that seems pretty accurate.

I bit of the Fogarty's about him. Biggest/most talented kid I'm every junior team he's played in. Might take him some time to adjust to bigger more talent competition as a result.

I would love to see us take him with 23 though if still there
wild card could be nothing could be anything

What I've taken away from the chat with Justin Reid on Trade Radio.

• Pick 5 in some capacity or another is on the table for Rankine. Whether that is with the expectation of a Pick coming back our way, or whether that is solely being offered up is unknown, but kiss good bye to that pick. Won't be split. Twomey asked Reid if something more than Pick 5 was being offered and Reid telegraphed things with a response of 'well Pick 5 is a very good pick...' Nice work, Reid.
  • Matt Crouch is going nowhere, most likely because no one wants him.
  • Frampton for a future 3rd seems to be done and dusted, if i didn't hear right?
  • Decision on Rowe to be made closer to the draft when pick swaps/trades etc are all done and we have a better idea of list numbers.
  • No draft pick is being put aside for Keeler, sounds like it's a wait and see if he drops below Pick 40 for us to match. Reid described it as 'being out of our hands'
  • Michalanney is probably going to be taken, IMO. That's the feeling i got, said they'll be having a chat with his family closer to the draft.
  • Didn't say much about bringing in additional players, stressed that the club is focusing on getting players currently at the club to that 50-80 games mark.
  • Indicated we'd be interested in working back into this draft, whether that's through bringing in our future 1st again, i'm not sure, but it does seem like if we pass our Pick 5 onto GC for Rankine we'll be looking for opportunities to get back in before draft night.

• Pick 5 in some capacity or another is on the table for Rankine. Whether that is with the expectation of a Pick coming back our way, or whether that is solely being offered up is unknown, but kiss good bye to that pick. Won't be split.
  • Frampton for a future 3rd seems to be done and dusted, if i didn't hear right?
  • Decision on Rowe to be made closer to the draft when pick swaps/trades etc are all done and we have a better idea of list numbers.
  • No draft pick is being put aside for Keeler, sounds like it's a wait and see if he drops below Pick 40 for us to match. Reid described it as 'being out of our hands'
  • Michalanney is probably going to be taken, IMO. That's the feeling i got, said they'll be having a chat with his family closer to the draft.
  • Didn't say much about bringing in additional players, stressed that the club is focusing on getting players currently at the club to that 50-80 games mark.
  • Indicated we'd be interested in working back into this draft, whether that's through bringing in our future 1st again, i'm not sure, but it does seem like if we pass our Pick 5 onto GC for Rankine we'll be looking for opportunities to get back in before draft night.
Thanks, do Trade Radio have interviews available on podcast?

• Pick 5 in some capacity or another is on the table for Rankine. Whether that is with the expectation of a Pick coming back our way, or whether that is solely being offered up is unknown, but kiss good bye to that pick. Won't be split. Twomey asked Reid if something more than Pick 5 was being offered and Reid telegraphed things with a response of 'well Pick 5 is a very good pick...' Nice work, Reid.
Is the club overrating the list thinking we just need to get our current players to 50 games?

I mean there's every chance we do that and end up with more Ned McHenrys

Possibly ! I’d say unlikely but at least a chance

Is the club overrating the list thinking we just need to get our current players to 50 games?

I mean there's every chance we do that and end up with more Ned McHenrys
Maybe but there’s also only so much you can do with the picks you’ve got

Rankine and Michaelanny will chew up some picks , both are big needs in my opinion

Hopefully we get a pick in between Rankine and Michaelanny and I’ll be happy , even happier if it’s a mid like a Ollie Hollands or key back like Lewis Hayes

Back