Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know that Carlton were apparently making a play for McAsey and he was spotted in Melb I think and indicated he might be returning to Melb to an interested club, but no indication who. Is it known for sure if its Carlton?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must admit I am starting to get jealous of the cats. They are always up there win the flag and now are front runners for Bruhn, Henr, Bowes with pick 7 an apparently with plenty of cap space. They must have the most gracious players in history the game or a some financial wizard to manage all this or as they say players take less for the lifestyle.

I must admit I am starting to get jealous of the cats. They are always up there win the flag and now are front runners for Bruhn, Henr, Bowes with pick 7 an apparently with plenty of cap space. They must have the most gracious players in history the game or a some financial wizard to manage all this or as they say players take less for the lifestyle.
Bruhn and Henry is the go home/from Geelong BS though, not much you can do about that.

Culture, well run club, always plying finals, get to live near the beach, what’s not to like?

A bit if creative accounting no doubt. Equalisation is dead.

The 'lifestyle' is crock. They just Cotton On to the vacant land, new developments and farms down Geelong way 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

immortalmike said it a while back and it's resonated with me.. on field leadership needs to be a priority. We are really missing vocal respected veterans that don't cop s**t from younger teammates. Bont and Macrae seem like brilliant pacifists. I think it's why we're so much better with a fit and healthy Bruce. Because he's that mature professional who is willing to knock bodies.

I support the talent side of the Lobb acquisition to support Tim and Aaron until Darcy gets there, but he's got the opposite energy of Bruce.
Wonder if Selwood would like to spend a year on our list as a player/coach?

Could always give Toby and Cody pointers on their arm raise.

There is absolutely no way Selwood will spend a year playing for another club. He has retired on his own accord. He could have played on for another year with the full support of everyone at Geelong if he wanted.

Getting him in the soft cap as a coach, now that's a different talking point. I can see Selwood being open to that (not necessarily with us, but being a coach outside of Geelong in 2023).

The Selwood stuff sounds nice in theory but something tells me he might take a year off. Has a baby on the way, just a gut feel.

The Selwood stuff sounds nice in theory but something tells me he might take a year off. Has a baby on the way, just a gut feel.
Absolutely. I think he would love 12 months to rest, recover and spend time with his new family. In saying that, he might be able to be convinced into a part time 1 or 2 day part-time development role. How much value that actually provides to a club is up for debate.

Completely random, but Ricky Nixon has suggested that Dunkley move was motivated by some players on ice at the club. Been an issue for a while apparently and definitely during pre season.. also happened at Hawthorn a few years ago

Link to where he suggested this ?

One would hope it’s no the start or even middle of a Chinese Whisper.

Hate to see an oxygen thief getting credit for anything. On the other hand if it’s a direct quote then one could assume he might be in the know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back