Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What’s with all the Brad Scott hate? He got us to two prelimims, and if it wasn’t for some horrendous injuries in that season (can’t remember which but the one we won all those opening games), who knows what else.

Essendon could do far worse than him

True. They couldve got Hird

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still in awe at the man managing to fleece a reported 900k a year out of the bombers. He's been out of coaching for 3 years now and had a 50/50 win loss record. I have no idea how they arrived at that figure, but maybe a few hundred thousand of that is courtesy of all the confidential info he's bringing from his role at the AFL.

I didn't like the idea of Ross Lyon returning as coach after years out of the game, but at least his track record was head and shoulders above Scott.

Will be interesting to see how Scott goes. Sadly I think they'll get the win against us next year, and knowing the AFL their double ups will include us and Geelong.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3A9E52F3-C239-47CD-BA6A-8A64287D0EDF.jpeg

If only I could tip horses like this

Initially I thought this would be a problem for the other 17 clubs then I remembered that Bradd Scotts invented the 6-6-6 rule but he couldn't understand how it operated in an actual game of football, even after a full season.
That mother*er was apart of the commitee that orchestrated and came up with the 6-6-6 rule in the summer of 2018-19. Then after having a head start on all other 17 clubs and being able to plan for it, we came out in round 1 and got belted by Ross Lyons Dockers of all teams. Ross Lyon ffs.

Freo kicked 21 goals that day.
McCarthy kicked 5 and was delisted at the end of the year.
Ross didn’t even last the year.

I can’t believe they signed him up lol 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That mother*er was apart of the commitee that orchestrated and came up with the 6-6-6 rule in the summer of 2018-19. Then after having a head start on all other 17 clubs and being able to plan for it, we came out in round 1 and got belted by Ross Lyons Dockers of all teams. Ross Lyon ffs.

Freo licked 21 goals that day.
McCarthy kicked 5 and was delisted at the end of the year.
Ross didn’t even last the year.

I can’t believe they signed him up lol 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
It's safe to pinch yourself. The cooling off period has expired. Hird is still in the wings and Sheedy will continue being a white any. If * sack Scott this year they will be paying out him, Truck and Hird which would be wonderful, but at the same time, a complete disgrace.

I don't think essendon would have sacked Rutten if they knew that Scott was gonna be the best available candidate. Scott achieved good results with what he had to work at North but it's not exactly an overwhelmingly better option that warrants giving Rutten the flick.

Interesting times ahead.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I don't think essendon would have sacked Rutten if they knew that Scott was gonna be the best available candidate. Scott achieved good results with what he had to work at North but it's not exactly an overwhelmingly better option that warrants giving Rutten the flick.

Interesting times ahead.
They sacked Rutten to get Clarko. They missed on Clarko so they've had to settle for the s**t Scott.

Scott achieved good results with what he had to work at North

I don't understand the 'did well with what he had' line of thinking from a lot of people.

From memory, after his appointment - investment in the football department and facilities was brought up to par with the rest of the competition.

He had a decade with us, so the list when he left when he left was undoubtedly his.

He took us from a mid ladder side that occasionally played above its talent and could win from anywhere, to a mid ladder side that occasionally played above its talent and could lose from anywhere.

He isn't a terrible coach, but his ability is where reflect in his record.

I hope Essendon fans have a tonne of patience.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I don't understand the 'did well with what he had' line of thinking from a lot of people.

From memory, after his appointment - investment in the football department and facilities was brought up to par with the rest of the competition.

He had a decade with us, so the list when he left when he left was undoubtedly his.

He took us from a mid ladder side that occasionally played above its talent and could win from anywhere, to a mid ladder side that occasionally played above its talent and could lose from anywhere.

He isn't a terrible coach, but his ability is where reflect in his record.

I hope Essendon fans have a tonne of patience.
Harvey, Swallow, Wells, Dal Santo, Higgins, Waite, Petrie, Thompson, Cunnington, Jacobs, Goldy, Firitto, Tarrant.

Yeah, the ‘did well with what he had’ narrative can go and get royally ****ed.

Revisionist history at its absolute peak.

Harvey, Swallow, Wells, Dal Santo, Higgins, Waite, Petrie, Thompson, Cunnington, Jacobs, Goldy, Firitto, Tarrant.

Yeah, the ‘did well with what he had’ narrative can go and get royally *ed.

Revisionist history at its absolute peak.
I was referring to more than just the playing list.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am enjoying some of these Essendon fans deluding themselves into believing their current list is better than ours circa 2014. Laughable.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our team in 2014 would absolutely monster their current team.

We saw how they played against us this year, there were about 3 million turnovers we would've punished very easily with just Wells and Boomer running around.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
True. They couldve got Hird
The fact that they didn't get Hird will be an ongoing problem for them though, because until they get James Hird and he fails on his own merits, they will never fully accept a coach that isn't him

Back