Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
This sounds ominous:

I can't see how the loss of free-to-air coverage for non-Victorian clubs like GWS would help our development.

It's a pity we don't have someone on the board with corporate expertise who can speak out against this.

Wait a minute...

I can't see how the loss of free-to-air coverage for non-Victorian clubs like GWS would help our development.
It's just speculation, even in that article - "Foxtel may want...".

I think NSW and Qld teams shift the needle so little we may well be explicitly carved out and stay on FTA. Fox wants WA/SA access because the NRL lockups they've already got plays no part over there.

It's just speculation, even in that article - "Foxtel may want...".

I think NSW and Qld teams shift the needle so little we may well be explicitly carved out and stay on FTA. Fox wants WA/SA access because the NRL lockups they've already got plays no part over there.
I think this is on the mark. AFL footy is generally good business but a carve out for NSW, ACT and Qld makes sense for the AFL.

If I understand the media deal correctly, we will have 3 games on delay on 7mate and the other 19 games live and free to air in ACT and NSW? The derby should still be live on channel 7, even though it will most probably be scheduled in the first 8 rounds?

If I understand the media deal correctly, we will have 3 games on delay on 7mate and the other 19 games live and free to air in ACT and NSW? The derby should still be live on channel 7, even though it will most probably be scheduled in the first 8 rounds?
Sorry, where are you greeting that detail from? If so, that's the lesser of evils in that it's only 3 delayed games. FWIW, I have Kayo, so the delays won't be an issue (and I could be at the games anyway), but it is the principle of the issue.

Sorry, where are you greeting that detail from? If so, that's the lesser of evils in that it's only 3 delayed games. FWIW, I have Kayo, so the delays won't be an issue (and I could be at the games anyway), but it is the principle of the issue.
It’s from various articles but Melbourne’s age has this info as below. It seems just 3 game for us and 3 for Swans will be in delay free to air in the nsw (and presumably ACT). AFL broadcast rights: What will the new TV deal mean for viewers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back