Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The slagging off of Treloar is pretty disgusting guys. I think the whole board collectively needs to pull their head in.

The dude has a well-known illness that is known to make a person act in ways that many cannot relate to. Talking about him not looking happy, having poor body language or needing a security blanket is ignorant regressive bullshit.
Yep staggering, he is wholehearted in his efforts and is embraced by the players and the club itself and has not sprung anything on the club.

When I heard what I heard, my thoughts went straight to I hope is ok and makes the best decision for himself if it was true.

The personal attacks on the players on here are disgraceful and why I have stopped posting for a while.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It never ceases to amaze how one post can get the hares running to draw illogical conclusions or rush to cash out on this board.

It’s little wonder that players show an increasing lack of reciprocal loyalty to clubs when infact they are just displaying the same level of self interest that hard core fans in places like this do.

Don’t ever change you…

Last edited:
I agree with those who have had enough of the attacks on players that have surfaced again on here. I don't like limiting discussion but I think collectively we have started to cross the line and we now are seeing really unwarranted personal attacks and insults directed at players.

If you would like a little more stringent moderating on this topic give this post a thumbs-up... and if you want things to remain as they are, give this post a thumbs-down. That might be a way of testing the temperature of posters on this board.

The slagging off of Treloar is pretty disgusting guys. I think the whole board collectively needs to pull their head in.

The dude has a well-known illness that is known to make a person act in ways that many cannot relate to. Talking about him not looking happy, having poor body language or needing a security blanket is ignorant regressive bullshit.
I don't think any of those things are true; he usually looks pretty happy, his body language was not right in one of those finals but he came good. I'm very sure a lot of leeway has been given to Adz in the past 2 years, by coaches and players. Our club has been good to him. However, with his talent and for his salary, he needs to either be all in, or out. It's not fair on everyone otherwise. I wish him all the very best if he leaves, but if he stays I want his very best.

Am I missing something? What attacks?
Treloar going to the Collingwood BnF and anyone saying it’s a strange decision is not an attack on the person.
Nobody is attacking him as a person or threatening them.
Have I missed something?
There have been posts talking about him needing a security blanket, that he hasn't bought in to the club, that he displays poor body language or looks unhappy.

The guy has a well publicised anxiety disorder. These are all negative stigma associated with such.

They say to a person "you are not normal, you aren't good enough, you are weak." This is often enough the exact same feelings and thoughts the person is experiencing as part of their illness. These are absolutely a personal attack. I understand that many are still somehow not aware of this. But ignorance is no longer an excuse. We should keep it to football.

Does anyone think we could have been the Victorian club talking to McAsey? Particularly if they think Cordy leaves. Could do worse than give it a crack as wouldn't cost much I would have thought and have another defender option rather than another mid.

I don't think any of those things are true; he usually looks pretty happy, his body language was not right in one of those finals but he came good. I'm very sure a lot of leeway has been given to Adz in the past 2 years, by coaches and players. Our club has been good to him. However, with his talent and for his salary, he needs to either be all in, or out. It's not fair on everyone otherwise. I wish him all the very best if he leaves, but if he stays I want his very best.
The veracity of the claims are not what I am talking about. Nor am I talking about our players, coaches or club officials.

I am squarely talking to this board and our supporters. You are participating in negative stigmatisation and stereotypes. If you truly are a supporter, stop it. Talk performance all you like but the bullshit about buy in or motivation is not on.

The lack of mental health understanding has always constantly baffled me
You have depression, what do you have to be sad about? You’ve got everything one could need
You have anxiety, you just need to relax

Not saying he isn’t, but I just want Treloar to be happy at our club
Seems as if our clubs trying to make significant progressive steps towards changing the outlook of our team in order to improve it and I believe Treloar could be a big part of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is it is not that he is unhappy at the Dogs and he is not looking at playing elsewhere.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did anyone notice Sam DeKoning being interviewed in the Cats rooms after the GF...with brother Tom (Carlton) standing with him?

Also, I'm not sure anyone else saw it, but I swear James Sicily was in the Dogs room after the GF wearing a Dogs scarf. He was a Dogs fan growing up.

Adz is hanging out with mates at the Pies B&F.

Ouch! A piece of sky just smacked me in the head!

Does anyone think we could have been the Victorian club talking to McAsey? Particularly if they think Cordy leaves. Could do worse than give it a crack as wouldn't cost much I would have thought and have another defender option rather than another mid.
Surely either us or Carlton you’d think, depends what Crows would want for him I guess but surely couldn’t do much worse than Cordy with much more upside.

Big bodied defenders can take years to come on whilst they adjust to the size differences at AFL, whilst it’s usually only the athletic beasts that excel early - but in saying that we know first hand with Collins just because you had a size advantage at junior level doesn’t mean you’ll eventually get it at AFL level.

He’s obviously got ability in there, but yeah he must have been bloody poor to not even get a look in over the past 2 years

There have been posts talking about him needing a security blanket, that he hasn't bought in to the club, that he displays poor body language or looks unhappy.

The guy has a well publicised anxiety disorder. These are all negative stigma associated with such.

They say to a person "you are not normal, you aren't good enough, you are weak." This is often enough the exact same feelings and thoughts the person is experiencing as part of their illness. These are absolutely a personal attack. I understand that many are still somehow not aware of this. But ignorance is no longer an excuse. We should keep it to football.

Everyone in here loves Treloar mate.
We are all supporters of the club, if something annoys someone about a player, why can’t they post their thoughts on here? Doesn’t mean they want bad things to happen to Adsy. It’s a footy forum, it’s a discussion.
If someone is saying to f** him off then yeah, I’d have a problem with that.

The veracity of the claims are not what I am talking about. Nor am I talking about our players, coaches or club officials.

I am squarely talking to this board and our supporters. You are participating in negative stigmatisation and stereotypes. If you truly are a supporter, stop it. Talk performance all you like but the bullshit about buy in or motivation is not on.

I dunno, surely buy-in and motivation are pretty important components of overall performance. If not, Jake Stringer would be a 3 x brownlow medallist.

Treloar is a fantastic player when he’s invested in games and and gets himself amped - but it doesn’t happen often enough and he often looks disinterested - are we not allowed to talk about that?

I dunno, surely buy-in and motivation are pretty important components of overall performance. If not, Jake Stringer would be a 3 x brownlow medallist.

Treloar is a fantastic player when he’s invested in games and and gets himself amped - but it doesn’t happen often enough and he often looks disinterested - are we not allowed to talk about that?
I think it’s just his character to be completely honest, can anyone really say he doesn’t give 100% in game?

There’s not once I’ve walked away from a game thinking he hasn’t given his all for his teammates, would we love him to shout from the top of the walls how much he loves the club? Sure but it is what it is, so long as he performs on field - which he absolutely has since he’s been here.

In reality he is a somewhat limited player who has his obvious strengths - we got him for free at the trade table on a very reasonable contract (600k py, battlers like Amon, McStay are getting more) he very nearly played a key role in us winning a premiership. Backed it up with another good year until he was shifted around into stupid positions.

Next year there’s more room for him to show his best in the midfield and he’s an important piece to our sides fortunes next year. Beyond that? Well he’s not getting any better and there’s real concerns about his longevity in the game with his previous injury concerns - I also wouldn’t be surprised if the cliff came quickly. I have no doubt he’ll be at the club next year and finish top 10 in the BnF, but after that it really wouldn’t be the end of the world if he decided it’s time to pull the pin & spend time with his young family whilst opening significant capspace for us.

Is there really anything else that needs to be said on the matter? PS you’ve all lost the *ing plot if im the voice of reason around here

I have it on pretty good authority that Adam is happy at the club
Very pleased to hear it. As I said, he is of an age and experience where he could make an extremely valuable leader and I hope he is given many opportunities to step up in that capacity.

Surely either us or Carlton you’d think, depends what Crows would want for him I guess but surely couldn’t do much worse than Cordy with much more upside.

Big bodied defenders can take years to come on whilst they adjust to the size differences at AFL, whilst it’s usually only the athletic beasts that excel early - but in saying that we know first hand with Collins just because you had a size advantage at junior level doesn’t mean you’ll eventually get it at AFL level.

He’s obviously got ability in there, but yeah he must have been bloody poor to not even get a look in over the past 2 years

Looks a Harris Andrews clone in those highlights. Where did it all go wrong?

Only 21, is he worth a stab at the right price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back