List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Just noticed our boy Jayden Hunt finished 17th in this years F&B.

Finished above Jake Lever on 19th.

We've got ourselves a bargain boys :)

The only thing hunt didn't cost us is a draft pick.

He's certainly costing us more coin, probably cap and list flexibility in 3 years time and a youngster more game time.

Any rumours on how much he gets over 3 years?
In 3 years time, there won't be any of the current big contract players left, other than Allen and Kelly.

Hunt isn't going to break the bank.

I only just caught up with Redden retiring. As much as i am in favour of moving on the older players i would have thought that if any of them had a case to go on next year it would be him. Simply because we have no young players anywhere near ready to assume the position he plays of inside mid with any competence. What are the stated reasons for the retirement? I thought it was all but a done deal that he was playing on. If i was framing a market i would say that there is only a 10% chance that Redden woke up today and decided to change his mind and retire and a 90% chance that this was a club induced retirement. Did we withdraw the offer, or lowball him on the money or tell him that he may end up playing a reasonable chunk of next season in the WAFL? He would have had all season to think about retirement and having a farewell game etc and he chose not to, but all of a sudden well after the season finished and right at the time that the whips are cracking on contract decisions and offers from the club's POV he suddenly decides to retire. It would seem pretty bizarre that the same club that won't drop Gaff to the WAFL or tell him to consider his options all of a sudden goes hard line on Redden.

Oof. Somebody just told Lever.

jake-lever-lol.gif

And that's from 20 games this year as well 🤦‍♂️

10 touches and 1.4 tackles a game could give Creasy at the Beagles a real shake up in next year's B&F

I only just caught up with Redden retiring. As much as i am in favour of moving on the older players i would have thought that if any of them had a case to go on next year it would be him. Simply because we have no young players anywhere near ready to assume the position he plays of inside mid with any competence. What are the stated reasons for the retirement? I thought it was all but a done deal that he was playing on. If i was framing a market i would say that there is only a 10% chance that Redden woke up today and decided to change his mind and retire and a 90% chance that this was a club induced retirement. Did we withdraw the offer, or lowball him on the money or tell him that he may end up playing a reasonable chunk of next season in the WAFL? He would have had all season to think about retirement and having a farewell game etc and he chose not to, but all of a sudden well after the season finished and right at the time that the whips are cracking on contract decisions and offers from the club's POV he suddenly decides to retire. It would seem pretty bizarre that the same club that won't drop Gaff to the WAFL or tell him to consider his options all of a sudden goes hard line on Redden.
Read the quote by Ryan Daniels.

The club wanted/expected him to go on but Redden wants to pursue his business interests.

As much as people would like to think, the club didn't push Redden.

We might not have pushed Redden out, but we may have told him he'll likely be spending good portions of the year in the wafl and on a lower wage. He then probably decided himself that that wasn't worth it and to just finish up instead.

Perhaps our plan was for him to add a bit of grunt and leadership for the beagles, which sounds pretty reasonable if it was what we intended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the quote by Ryan Daniels.

The club wanted/expected him to go on but Redden wants to pursue his business interests.

As much as people would like to think, the club didn't push Redden.
What would you expect the club to say? Maybe he did make the call himself, but if he didn't and was pushed they wouldn't say that in the press releases, and that lickspittle Ryan Daniels wouldn't dare report anything other than whatever the club is happy for him to report. Ryan Daniels has less credibility than Hagdorn or Kane Cornes for me. Total boot licking sycophant for the Perth AFL clubs. I am not bagging the club if they did tell encourage him to retire. Just wondering if that is what hapenned or not. The thing that makes me wonder about it is the timing. I reckon most times if a player makes the call themselves then the decision is made well before this point in time. I would say it is most likely that Redden got a low ball money offer in the contract. It is a shame that he didn't get a farewell game because he deserves one.

On a team filled with contested beasts and hard nuts

Top 5 finish in WCE colours coming right up

Not even sure we'll want a player as stupid as Dev next year. Bloke won't play 10 games for the Lions in 2023. This is Ah Chee levels of contract incompetence.

Neale, Zorko, Mcluggage, Dunkley, Ashcroft, Fletcher. Berry, Rayner.. don't come crying back to uncle Trevor when it doesn't pan out cob.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Guaranteed 22 games with us vs 7 at Lions if he's lucky. Pretty stupid.

So 4 players out of contract
Main list - Witherden and Winder
Rookie - West and Trew

None merit being in the main list

I fail to see a world that we say “damn, we should have retained West”. Clark, XON, Culley, Chesser and Hough should all be playing before him in 2023.

Winder - we should know by now whether he is up to being a professional athlete. Farewell unless there is something others know that make him a rookie reclassification

Trew - I’d offer him a train on spot only

Witherden - has talent and not sure why it isn’t happening. I won’t worry much if he goes

Can anyone say that one of the above 4 are better than Hunt? I can’t

Hunt with pace and desire to take on the game at speed is something we lack. I think Hunt might also okay as a hff - Cripps is the only forward who has shown much in 2 way running recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back