NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
He's got a heapbof lawyers so he dorsn't need anyones help.
What do you think his penalty should be if the report is true, which it is.

If Clarko encouraged/demanded/whatever a player to get an abortion he should be sacked and banned from every footy ground in the country for life.

Based on what I’ve seen so far, as explained in other posts, the allegations are not proven in the slightest, and I’m treating them as innocent until proven guilty which is the judicial standard in this country.

Separate to that, I’ve observed a mass hysteria event from sections of society which is amusing to me.

No one is perfect we all have flaws.
I feel you are being disingenuous.
Clarko from all reports was a great mentor and a good person.

If the allegations are proven and only then I will change my tune.
I'm not going to hang someone over he said she said driven by the media who only want clicks and don't care who they hurt.

Yes apparently Auber Neville was a good fella too. Heard that many times.

From the truth.

How coach I've got relationship issues. Don't know what to do. Partner is pregnant and I don't think I can handle having a kid. I'm 18 years old and I don't know how to break it off with my partner.

Listen son, life can be hard and having a kid if you're not ready is even harder. Have you and your partner thought about an abortion.

10 YEARS LATER.

"HE WANTED ME TO KILL MY BABY".

Doesn't take an Einstein to work out how the story has morphed.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
You're a disgrace. Making up BS so your team can get a few more wins.
You need to get out of the gutter.

1. You have had several aboriginal players/ex players saying it's true despite having no relationship with the alleged parties. Eddie Betts even said he will "always believe a brother." Is that ok?

2. Burgoyne was an indigenous leader not just at hawthorn, but in the AFL. The fact he didn't know is pretty telling that there is a fair bit of smoke and mirrors coming from the media about this story.
The fact Burgoyne didn't know is not telling at all. The player probably didn't know Burgoyne from a bar of soap. Burgoyne was an established player with his own family. The player was just starting out and probably didn't feel comfortable airing his dirty laundry to someone he hardly knew. And in 2012, Burgoyne was hardly an indigenous leader for the AFL. He may have been at leader at Hawthorn but that doesn't mean everyone is going to run to him with their problems, especially sensitive issues relating to their partners.

I would not want any of my 4 boys playing under Clarkson or Fagan.
You have 4 boys? Good for you, and them. They are lucky young men and could do a lot worse then turning out like you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the truth.

How coach I've got relationship issues. Don't know what to do. Partner is pregnant and I don't think I can handle having a kid. I'm 18 years old and I don't know how to break it off with my partner.

Listen son, life can be hard and having a kid if you're not ready is even harder. Have you and your partner thought about an abortion.

10 YEARS LATER.

"HE WANTED ME TO KILL MY BABY".

Doesn't take an Einstein to work out how the story has morphed.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
You have literally invented a whole scenario, complete with dialogue, in an effort to discredit a story told that doesn’t suit your outlook. And it doesn’t suit you because … MY FOOTBALL TEAM!

seriously, get a grip

Dunno that gullibility is a trait that you’d want to pass down.
Wait on. So you are saying that the posts that South of the Yarra has shared about the experience of being Aboriginal in Australia are down to being gullible? I don’t think so at all myself, but feel free to expand on this so we can all hear exactly what you mean

It seems that everyone is being taken at their word but the accused.
The accused have just said they didn't do anything wrong.

I take them at their word: I believe they don't believe they did anything wrong.

Wait on. So you are saying that the posts that South of the Yarra has shared about the experience of being Aboriginal in Australia are down to being gullible? I don’t think so at all myself, but feel free to expand on this so we can all hear exactly what you mean

Nice bait. Don’t think I’ll bite.

Aboriginal or not, it is wise for anyone to wait for the outcome of an investigation before passing judgement on someone.

I’ve said nothing racist in my posts, and frankly it’s low status behaviour to try and set such a juvenile trap.

Cheers mate. That’s lovely words. Also have an Aboriginal daughter in our care who came to us when she was 3 weeks old.
Cheers to you too. Probably the nicest takeaway from this thread. Four boys and a daughter is a decent handful! Mind you I have five sisters and other than some pressure on the bathroom roster, it was pretty good. Still is. All the best

Nice bait. Don’t think I’ll bite.

Aboriginal or not, it is wise for anyone to wait for the outcome of an investigation before passing judgement on someone.

I’ve said nothing racist in my posts, and frankly it’s low status behaviour to try and set such a juvenile trap.

Yet you are willing to pass judgement on me and label me as gullible. Double standards.

Cheers to you too. Probably the nicest takeaway from this thread. Four boys and a daughter is a decent handful! Mind you I have five sisters and other than some pressure on the bathroom roster, it was pretty good. Still is. All the best

All the best to you too mate. Thanks again for the lovely words. So many good people on BF and you are one of them. Cheers.

Would you believe them if they were white? I bet you wouldn't be defending Clarko if he took the bombers job.

What was the name of that other thread..

Bigfooty is a haven for racist trolls

thread has more "draftees" than a chopper over Saigon in the 70s
Stop with your race-baiting

Here we go, old racist Jeff Kennett criticizes the Indigenous players for speaking out.

Kennett, speaking at the club's best and fairest awards night, said the club is not in crisis and has described the issue as a "bump along the highway".

"I do not consider this to be a crisis," Kennett said.

What a backward old prick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back